watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yes, we lost BUT

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, December 14, 2013, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Our fate, for the rest of the season, will NOT be decided on results against teams like Evrton (and Man City next week).

After those games are out of the way, we have Norwich, Hull, West Ham and Sunderland. Now given the way we have played against Spurs AND Villa, I see it very possible that we CAN (not saying we will), get 12 points out of that. That would put us on 25 with 16 games left, requiring 16 points (four wins, 4 draws) to get to 41, NOT IMPOSSIBLE

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

K33NY

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 14, 2013, 07:01:47 PM
Our fate, for the rest of the season, will NOT be decided on results against teams like Evrton (and Man City next week).

After those games are out of the way, we have Norwich, Hull, West Ham and Sunderland. Now given the way we have played against Spurs AND Villa, I see it very possible that we CAN (not saying we will), get 12 points out of that. That would put us on 25 with 16 games left, requiring 16 points (four wins, 4 draws) to get to 41, NOT IMPOSSIBLE

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

THANK YOU, thank you so much for being positive! Finally someone who is! THANK YOU!!

Buffalo76

Of course we can stay up. It's not like we've been cut adrift of anyone. We're still in amongst a group of clubs who are all in the mix fighting for safety. Even though the scoreline would suggest we got hammered today we showed more effort yet again since Rene took over than under Jol. There's still a transfer window which could play abig ppart in how the second half of the season goes for us. Positively i hope.  049:gif

filham

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Sounds possible but when did we last win 4 premiership games on the trot ?

nose

i am very optimistic i think we can beat man city.

MikeW

Just got back - was surrounded by Everton fans today.  Concensus among them was other than Palace we are the worst side they've seen this season.  Couldn't believe how short of pace & creativity we are.

My view: 
Senderos was just terrible.
John Arne is trying hard but the Everton lad skinned him.
Did Bent touch the ball?
... it was never a peno; I'd have been well miffed if given against us ...
Watching Everton makes you realise what a poor side Villa were last week,

I'm worried but manager seems upbeat.  Onwards & upwards
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

EJL

Quote from: filham on December 14, 2013, 08:44:01 PM

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Never

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: EJL on December 14, 2013, 09:14:58 PM

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Never

We managed 4/5 in The Great Escape season

EJL

Quote from: MikeW on December 14, 2013, 09:12:33 PM
Just got back - was surrounded by Everton fans today.  Concensus among them was other than Palace we are the worst side they've seen this season.  Couldn't believe how short of pace & creativity we are.

My view:  
Senderos was just terrible.
John Arne is trying hard but the Everton lad skinned him.
Did Bent touch the ball?
... it was never a peno; I'd have been well miffed if given against us ...
Watching Everton makes you realise what a poor side Villa were last week,

I'm worried but manager seems upbeat.  Onwards & upwards
If that's the case then they're full of it.

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 14, 2013, 09:26:17 PM

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Never

I'm sure we lost to Liverpool bang in the middle of our good run. You're probably right, though

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: EJL on December 14, 2013, 09:28:29 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 14, 2013, 09:26:17 PM

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Never

I'm sure we lost to Liverpool bang in the middle of our good run. You're probably right, though

Reading away - Win
Liverpool home - Lose
Man City away - Win
Birmingham home - Win
Pompey away - We all know that one

RaySmith

Definitely grounds for optimism in this performance. We were unlucky.

Who cares what Everton fans think -******** to them!

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: nose on December 14, 2013, 08:48:00 PM
i am very optimistic i think we can beat man city.
there's a difference between optimism and impossibility. I'm afraid that falls under the latter
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

RaySmith

It is  entirely possible that we beat Man C- probable is a different matter - but i think we do have a chance if we play like we have done in our last 2 home games.

ffc73

4 wins on the trot will be a tough ask. We need to win games against the sides in the bottom half but as an absolute minimum we need to avoid losing to them.

We also need to take an unexpected point or two from the 'big boys' aka Stoke beating Chelsea, Cardiff beating Citeh & drawing with Utd etc

b+w geezer

Quote from: MikeW on December 14, 2013, 09:12:33 PM
Just got back - was surrounded by Everton fans today.  Concensus among them was other than Palace we are the worst side they've seen this season.  Couldn't believe how short of pace & creativity we are.
Surprised at your report. Everton fans on train back weren't saying that.

If you'd been in the Fulham section, you'd have seen us getting hopeful and excited for the third quarter of the match, which wouldn't have happened had there been nothing upbeat to feed off.  It ended in tears of course, but not before we had rattled their cage (and created/missed chances).

Burt

I am remaining positive... As per previous posts I have not been expecting any points from the next couple of games but have been hoping for a continuation in the improvements since Rene took over and I think we saw that today. Particularly in the 2nd half. 4-1 was an unfair reflection of what actually happened.

Once Citeh is out of the way, we have some games where we should pick up some points if we are to stay up.

Keep the faith.

COYW

CanadianCottager

Really on the fence about this one. Looked the part for spells in the second half but the sitting back after the equaliser only to completely collapse in the last 15 minutes was uneasily Jol-like. Everton are a great side though so it would be unfair to judge Rene on this match but I really hope we don't see anything like that in the coming matches

ross_bamping

Our team is too old, simple. They can't last 90 minutes. The improvement since Rene has come in has been massive, but Khan needs to give him £20m+ in January, or we are most likely down. Need CB, CAM and ST. Spine of the team needs improving. Get rid of the fat pair of Taarabt and Bent, bring in better loans i.e. Anderson.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

The Rock

Since Rene has come in he's been massive is right. I think he can do it. We'd been lucky to get anything today, and were surprisingly 10 mins away from that. Next week I'd hope we see the same fight as well.

Come Jan our season will be decided by our investment.