watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We miss Schwarzer

Started by sparkles_moh, December 14, 2013, 09:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkles_moh

We miss schwarzers experience, organisation and his brilliant shot stopping qualities. I had heard plenty from a lot of people on here about how good Stelkenberg is, but I don't think he is a better keeper than Mark. I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see Mark come back rather than sitting on the bench at Chelsea.

Sheepskin Junior

Stekkers is just as good, plus younger so can actually stretch for saves without putting his back out
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

sunburywhite

Stekkers is streets ahead. Just watch how strong he is when palming a shot away. He PUSHES it wide away from the danger zone.

You will not see many goals from him knocking it our to an onrushing forward.

I make him the best keeper we have ever had (after Jim S)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 14, 2013, 10:01:25 PM
Stekkers is streets ahead. Just watch how strong he is when palming a shot away. He PUSHES it wide away from the danger zone.

You will not see many goals from him knocking it our to an onrushing forward.

I make him the best keeper we have ever had (after Jim S)
EVDS?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

CanadianCottager

No point clamouring for nostalgia, Stekelenberg is as fine a keeper as we can expect and I've been happy with his performances

HatterDon

Quote from: sparkles_moh on December 14, 2013, 09:51:06 PM
We miss schwarzers experience, organisation and his brilliant shot stopping qualities. I had heard plenty from a lot of people on here about how good Stelkenberg is, but I don't think he is a better keeper than Mark. I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see Mark come back rather than sitting on the bench at Chelsea.

Please do NOT include me in your "we." Schwarzer skills were visibly eroding in his last two seasons here. His distribution was horrible and, in his last few months as our #1 he was indecisive and unsure. Not only is Stekelenburg a huge upgrade on him, so is Stockdale.

I'm not sure what you've seen, but in the Fulham matches I've watched, Stek has done a very good job -- perhaps our best keeper since EVDS.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

quote author=HatterDon link=topic=34765.msg463928#msg463928 date=1387082215]
Quote from: sparkles_moh on December 14, 2013, 09:51:06 PM

Please do NOT include me in your "we." Schwarzer skills were visibly eroding in his last two seasons here. His distribution was horrible and, in his last few months as our #1 he was indecisive and unsure. Not only is Stekelenburg a huge upgrade on him, so is Stockdale.

I'm not sure what you've seen, but in the Fulham matches I've watched, Stek has done a very good job -- perhaps our best keeper since EVDS.
[/quote]
:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

I have been impressed with Stek.

He is a good shop-stopper as Schwarz, and is far quicker and more accurate at distributing the ball.

If I had one niggle that he (and the defence) needs to work on then it is communications with each other. There have been a couple of times when mix-ups in the box could have been avoided with a clear shout of "KEEPER". He needs to boss the box and the back line, and I am sure this will come with time as they all get used to working with each other.

Twig

Whether Stek's shot stopping is better or worse than Mark's is a debate, but his distribution is certainly better than Mark's in his later years at Fulham.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Be nice ....................5 Post  - Sparkles has a full  house of Schwarzers    

1     General Category / General Discussion / We miss Schwarzer    on: December 14, 2013, 09:51:06 PM
ReplyReply  Reply with quoteQuote  Notify of repliesNotify
2     General Category / General Discussion / Re: Schwarzer deal or no deal?    on: February 25, 2013, 09:38:36 AM
Definitely keep him

3     General Category / General Discussion / Re: Mark Schwarzer wanting to leave?    on: February 13, 2013, 05:39:29 AM
Quote from: JIMMY D on February 12, 2013, 09:51:16 PM
I don't get you Fulham fans. Mark has been nothing but fantastic for us and you still complain and bitch about him. Remember he is world class! Not good, world class keeper... He has saved us thousands of times! Stockdale this Stockdale that. If he was not born in England you wouldn't be wanting him to take over!
Couldn't have said it better myself.

4     General Category / General Discussion / Re: wonder how schwarz feels.    on: February 01, 2013, 11:33:51 AM
I must admit I'm over the whole distribution thing. It has been talked up massively by those who wanted Stockdale in the side. This is the only area Stockdale may be superior in. I was interested when Stockdale did get his 3 games how his so called better distribution would be. I wasn't shocked when I saw that it wasn't up to what all the Stockdale supporters were on about.

Schwartz is a smart level headed guy. I don't think he is keeping as well as his first four years at the club (where he was one of the best keepers going round) but what many people aren't stating is that Jol's play, where his left and right backs venture forward at every available opportunity, putting pressure on the rest of the defence and goalkeeper. Certainly the play is not as structured under Hodgson Hughes etc.
Schwartz will be looking for another year after this one, which will take him to the next World Cup. Whether that is with Fulham time will tell

5     General Category / General Discussion / Re: Schwarz at fault for first goal    on: January 19, 2013, 09:45:51 PM
I must admit it is getting very tiresome about how the majority of people on here talk about how bad schwarzer has been going. People who keep bringing up Stokedale (even though he is now on loan again) need to realise Schwarzer is still our best keeper. I couldn't get over how nervous and poor he was on his return to the side.
One big point people have mentioned is how bad Schwarzers distribution is. I think this is a massive witch hunt. It is funny how there was no talk about Stockdales distribution especially in his first game back - because it was very poor. Schwarzer is more confident and assured on crosses coming in to his area too.
Schwarzer is getting very little help from his defenders and I'd admit he hasn't had his best year, but he certainly isn't a lost cause like many of you are saying
ReplyReply  Reply with quoteQuote  Notify of repliesNotify
Pages: [1]

nose

for what it is worth i think schwarzer was at the end of his career with us.
not impressed with stekkers, i think any premier goalkeeper would make the saves he has made and two of the goals yesterday have him implicated, certainly the 4th looked routine enough.   and the third, even though I actually blame dejagah for not tracking back and therfore left coleman with a simple tap in (kaka take note) i think the goalkeeper could have done better.

his distribution is good, but too oftenm i get left thinking the goalkeeper could have done better, i prefer stockdale.

MJG

We needed a change..although I would have given Stockdale the position and spent the 5m on an outfield player.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

epsomraver

Simple answer to the title, no we do not , end of.

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on December 15, 2013, 10:58:08 AM
We needed a change..although I would have given Stockdale the position and spent the 5m on an outfield player.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:plus one:

Travers Barney

MS was brilliant for us and was far more dominant around the six yard box than the new fella who seems to share Stockdale's reluctance for leaving his line.

coyw
We are the whites

farfouille

I can't believe I have to write this (as I am a fan of Steks) but all 4 goals could have been prevented by a better goalkeeper. OK, except maybe the first goal. Perhaps Steks just had an awful day?
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

JIMMY D

Look Mark was a  world class Keeper. Steks is a Good keeper but not yet world class. Both keepers have good and bad points. Steks did not have a good game yesterday but he is now our number 1 so we need to get behind me.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: farfouille on December 15, 2013, 07:19:28 PM
I can't believe I have to write this (as I am a fan of Steks) but all 4 goals could have been prevented by a better goalkeeper. OK, except maybe the first goal. Perhaps Steks just had an awful day?

I thought the first goal went through his arms rather than outside his reach.  He is our keeper, I like him, I'll back him 100% but he was not a necessary signing when you have a small transfer budget and Schwarzer / Stockdale ! 

What's done is done and the future is Steks !  COYW.

sparkles_moh

Quote from: KCat on December 15, 2013, 09:49:19 AM
Be nice ....................5 Post  - Sparkles has a full  house of Schwarzers   

1     General Category / General Discussion / We miss Schwarzer    on: December 14, 2013, 09:51:06 PM
ReplyReply  Reply with quoteQuote  Notify of repliesNotify
2     General Category / General Discussion / Re: Schwarzer deal or no deal?    on: February 25, 2013, 09:38:36 AM
Definitely keep him

3     General Category / General Discussion / Re: Mark Schwarzer wanting to leave?    on: February 13, 2013, 05:39:29 AM
Quote from: JIMMY D on February 12, 2013, 09:51:16 PM
I don't get you Fulham fans. Mark has been nothing but fantastic for us and you still complain and bitch about him. Remember he is world class! Not good, world class keeper... He has saved us thousands of times! Stockdale this Stockdale that. If he was not born in England you wouldn't be wanting him to take over!
Couldn't have said it better myself.

4     General Category / General Discussion / Re: wonder how schwarz feels.    on: February 01, 2013, 11:33:51 AM
I must admit I'm over the whole distribution thing. It has been talked up massively by those who wanted Stockdale in the side. This is the only area Stockdale may be superior in. I was interested when Stockdale did get his 3 games how his so called better distribution would be. I wasn't shocked when I saw that it wasn't up to what all the Stockdale supporters were on about.

Schwartz is a smart level headed guy. I don't think he is keeping as well as his first four years at the club (where he was one of the best keepers going round) but what many people aren't stating is that Jol's play, where his left and right backs venture forward at every available opportunity, putting pressure on the rest of the defence and goalkeeper. Certainly the play is not as structured under Hodgson Hughes etc.
Schwartz will be looking for another year after this one, which will take him to the next World Cup. Whether that is with Fulham time will tell

5     General Category / General Discussion / Re: Schwarz at fault for first goal    on: January 19, 2013, 09:45:51 PM
I must admit it is getting very tiresome about how the majority of people on here talk about how bad schwarzer has been going. People who keep bringing up Stokedale (even though he is now on loan again) need to realise Schwarzer is still our best keeper. I couldn't get over how nervous and poor he was on his return to the side.
One big point people have mentioned is how bad Schwarzers distribution is. I think this is a massive witch hunt. It is funny how there was no talk about Stockdales distribution especially in his first game back - because it was very poor. Schwarzer is more confident and assured on crosses coming in to his area too.
Schwarzer is getting very little help from his defenders and I'd admit he hasn't had his best year, but he certainly isn't a lost cause like many of you are saying
ReplyReply  Reply with quoteQuote  Notify of repliesNotify
Pages: [1]

Couldn't agree more!

Bassey the warrior

For me he's the better keeper compared to Schwarzer's last season.