watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adel Taarabt

Started by JackyFulham90, December 15, 2013, 10:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ichabod Magoo

QPR were glad to loan him out.  I believe the loan contract goes through June.  They would probably make Fulham pay a penalty to send him back early.   064.gif
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Twig

Quote from: Texas White on December 16, 2013, 04:40:31 PM
Puts his head down... great twists, turns and dribbling but poor choices with the ball.
Reminds me of boa morte who could be so annoying at times.

Thought he would be good for us. Such a Waste of what should be a great talent.

I understand the comparison but for me Boa contributed far, far more than Adel looks capable of.  Boa was guilty of losing his head sometimes but Adel is so very, very raw.

alfie

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 16, 2013, 08:56:29 PM
He's a chuckle head.  Selfish talented players who refuse to listen to managers and coaches, who won't play a team game, who think they can dribble through a crowd of defenders keying on him.  9 times out of 10, they just give the ball right back to the opposition.  I'll take a professional with less individual brilliance--such as Duff or Hughes--over Taraabt any day.  This is a team game.  Roy proved it so.

How do you know that he refuses to listen to managers and coaches, I would hazard a guess that you really don't know what managers and coaches have said to him, and he may well be trying to do what they have asked of him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

nose

I think the problem with taarabat is what is between the ears. He doesn't seem to think about what he is doing. He l;ooks imensely talented and I would give him a chance when the time comes with a bit of a run in the team, but i suspect he may be too eratic.

win-dup

I think Taarabt is a mole sent by QPR to ensure we get relegated whilst they march triumphantly back to the Premiership.

Oakeshott

"I think Taarabt is a mole sent by QPR to ensure we get relegated whilst they march triumphantly back to the Premiership."

Sheer lunacy.

TonyGilroy

In the Championship he's too good for defenders. In the Premier League he runs into trouble because he has no awareness of team mates and when to get rid of the ball.

No good for us except maybe as an impact sub.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 17, 2013, 08:01:40 PM

In the Championship he's too good for defenders. In the Premier League he runs into trouble because he has no awareness of team mates and when to get rid of the ball.

No good for us except maybe as an impact sub.
That's his major weakness.
Good to have as an option though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Basil

He was actually good away at West Ham although this got rightly overshadowed by how awful we were.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: alfie on December 17, 2013, 03:16:40 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 16, 2013, 08:56:29 PM
He's a chuckle head.  Selfish talented players who refuse to listen to managers and coaches, who won't play a team game, who think they can dribble through a crowd of defenders keying on him.  9 times out of 10, they just give the ball right back to the opposition.  I'll take a professional with less individual brilliance--such as Duff or Hughes--over Taraabt any day.  This is a team game.  Roy proved it so.

How do you know that he refuses to listen to managers and coaches, I would hazard a guess that you really don't know what managers and coaches have said to him, and he may well be trying to do what they have asked of him.

I don't believe any manager has asked him to repeatedly put his head down and try to dribble through a host of defenders, or to forever try to continue dribbling in heavy traffic while an outlet man is just standing there, wildly gesticulating with hand signals to PASS ME THE BALL.  His former manager doesn't apparently want him back.

Here, Redknapp insinuates Adel didn't follow his advice, did his own thing:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9077765/qpr-manager-harry-redknapp-unlikely-to-welcome-back-adel-taarabt-from-fulham-loan

HatterDon

Quote from: Oakeshott on December 17, 2013, 07:53:03 PM
"I think Taarabt is a mole sent by QPR to ensure we get relegated whilst they march triumphantly back to the Premiership."

Sheer lunacy.

uh, didn't you notice the nom-de-FofF of the gent who posted that quote?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Humbled

Great player.
Him, Bent and a few others have been completely mugged off.

MiltonBurrows

I didn't like the signing as soon as it happened. No doubt the boy has talent but he very rarely shows it compared to his wild dead end runs and shooting form 35 yards out. Not what we needed.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

fulhamfever

He is a waste of space rather have someone on Loan that can stay fit and do a job.

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on December 18, 2013, 04:00:47 PM
I didn't like the signing as soon as it happened. No doubt the boy has talent but he very rarely shows it compared to his wild dead end runs and shooting form 35 yards out. Not what we needed.

I don't know, there were times (in the darkest days of Jol) that he was the only player actively looking to attack. True, he would rather shoot from the half way line than pass to a team-mate - but if Rene do what others haven't and actually get him THINKING then there's no reason he can't be a first team player.

Redknapp has publicly stated he doesn't want him back, so if Berbatov and Ruiz end up leaving in January I can see him playing a big role.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Skatzoffc

I
Quote from: lamby on December 16, 2013, 10:58:35 AM
I really don't rate him! And think we will lose more games than we win with him in the side.

I saw a couple of QPR games and he not a team player. He has almost no defense. He is more likely to take an impossible shot from distance than pass to a player in a better position. He is a 1 or 2 match winning games a season player (and one of them last year was against us) but he will lose you more games than that.

Give me Dempsey any day - a box to box runner. A good passer. Helps the defense. Can get on the end of a run for a tap in.

Send him back to QPR.

I agree. He does nothing defensively so can't be a starter. Good as an impact sub. But not what we need right now.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on December 19, 2013, 09:10:14 AM
Quote from: MiltonBurrows on December 18, 2013, 04:00:47 PM

Redknapp has publicly stated he doesn't want him back
I think this explains everything.

Redknapp has also said in the past that Taarabt is one of the most gifted players he's ever seen.

Which begs the question, why wouldn't he want him there?

Because he doesn't have what it takes to be a team player.

nose

i have my own view on taarabt but one thing for sure.... in a fulham shirt he has had so little chance to prove himself we can't really pass judgement

personally i am in the camp that says he probably is wrong for us because of all the reasons given above BUT fior heaven sake i would give him a chance! ruiz had two and half years of being dreadful with minimal energy and impact, taarabt surely deserves two or three games. at worsat he tries very hard

ScalleysDad

AT tore our team to shreds at Loftus Road, is often lauded by his team mates, as with the Riise article this month, and members of the coaching staff, Jol and Redknapp have noted and applauded his skills. alas he will probably end up on that very long 'could have been, should have been' list but as has been said he is more robust than Ruiz who has had umpteen chances. Bringing AT on from eighty minutes is frankly insulting as even in those short bursts he showed more attacking intent than we had seen in the previous hour and a bit. Muelensteen might work something out or play him for longer, I certainly think he should be ahead of the likes of Duff and bent on current form, but ultimately I fear the long list beckons.

Humbled

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 19, 2013, 08:58:24 PM
AT tore our team to shreds at Loftus Road, is often lauded by his team mates, as with the Riise article this month, and members of the coaching staff, Jol and Redknapp have noted and applauded his skills. alas he will probably end up on that very long 'could have been, should have been' list but as has been said he is more robust than Ruiz who has had umpteen chances. Bringing AT on from eighty minutes is frankly insulting as even in those short bursts he showed more attacking intent than we had seen in the previous hour and a bit. Muelensteen might work something out or play him for longer, I certainly think he should be ahead of the likes of Duff and bent on current form, but ultimately I fear the long list beckons.

Agree, although I feel the same goes for Bent. It's Seems half the squad have been treat poorly. 9 of the 11 starters were Defo playing as long remotely fit and the rest were making up the numbers in case of injury.