watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adel Taarabt

Started by JackyFulham90, December 15, 2013, 10:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Am very disappointed in his impact for us this season, he doesn't even make the subs bench under Rene, when we signed him I thought he would be a key player for us, can't see him being here beyond January

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 15, 2013, 10:40:57 PM
Am very disappointed in his impact for us this season, he doesn't even make the subs bench under Rene, when we signed him I thought he would be a key player for us, can't see him being here beyond January

If he's not made the subs bench by January, I agree entirely. If he can be shipped back to QPR and his wages used on a replacement who will impact the team, then so be it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MisfitKid

I agree, the wages will be better spent elsewhere.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

ltd-ffc

I too thought he might surprise a few
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

HillingdonFFC

To be fair he was still recovering from an injury when he signed. Jol bigged him up then hardly used him, RM feels he's not the type to get us out of this hole Id imagine. I'm a big fan of Taraabts ability, not sure its worked out for either party although he could play a role later in season?

MJG

One of the few players in the squad who can actually dribble the ball past a player, although he does lose it quite a lot as well.
If Rene is not going to use him then try to terminate his loan and use that for another domestic player. Loans should only be for player who are going to at least be in the matchday 18 man squad.

lamby

I really don't rate him! And think we will lose more games than we win with him in the side.

I saw a couple of QPR games and he not a team player. He has almost no defense. He is more likely to take an impossible shot from distance than pass to a player in a better position. He is a 1 or 2 match winning games a season player (and one of them last year was against us) but he will lose you more games than that.

Give me Dempsey any day - a box to box runner. A good passer. Helps the defense. Can get on the end of a run for a tap in.

Send him back to QPR.

Craven Mad

Great talent. Great energy (when in the mood). Great dribbling. Great passing. Great shots. Great tricks. Great hold-up.

PROBLEM: he makes the WORST decisions, and never applies any of his 'great' skills at the right time; he dribbles when he should pass, he uses a trick when he should shoot, and he shoots when he should hold-up, he stops using his energy when he needs to defend, etc, etc, etc...

I think this has been the problem with adel for years. And it's the reason he's been passed on by so many mangers..

Burt

The raw talent is there. It's just that it is raw, and (to Craven's point) he shows little sign of maturing as a player.

Vinnieffc

Just saw in todays Mirror that when we played Wet Spam one of fheir fans shouted out 'Love you Adel, got all your records'

RaySmith

He hasn't had much chance to make an impact at Fulham.

But I can see that  he may not be in Rene's plans - I suppose he isn't much of a team player. Whereas, Berba, seen as similar player, is always bringing other players in with passes and flicks.

He is frustrating, because he obviously has so much raw talent, as Burt said - but can Rene harness it for the service of Fulham? I'd like to think he could, but who knows if we will keep him.

grandad

I had high hopes when we got him on loan. Sadly he has not been able to produce the type of form he promised. Whether it was his injury, Jol or both I don´t know.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Texas White

Puts his head down... great twists, turns and dribbling but poor choices with the ball.
Reminds me of boa morte who could be so annoying at times.

Thought he would be good for us. Such a Waste of what should be a great talent.

HatterDon

million dollar talent, fifty cent brain
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham 442

What impact is that?  I must have missed it!!

WhiteJC

not impressed I'm afraid, the sooner he goes back to the ha ha's the better as far as I'm concerned

Pluto

His dribbling skills and technique are mind blowing. Unfortunately he has probably the worst footballing brain I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen the lad pass a football. He also constantly looks unfit. Unless he can sort out those aspects of his game, i'd get rid. It's a shame because I genuinely think if he matured he could become a top player.

Forever Fulham

He's a chuckle head.  Selfish talented players who refuse to listen to managers and coaches, who won't play a team game, who think they can dribble through a crowd of defenders keying on him.  9 times out of 10, they just give the ball right back to the opposition.  I'll take a professional with less individual brilliance--such as Duff or Hughes--over Taraabt any day.  This is a team game.  Roy proved it so.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: lamby on December 16, 2013, 10:58:35 AM
I really don't rate him! And think we will lose more games than we win with him in the side.

I saw a couple of QPR games and he not a team player. He has almost no defense. He is more likely to take an impossible shot from distance than pass to a player in a better position. He is a 1 or 2 match winning games a season player (and one of them last year was against us) but he will lose you more games than that.

Give me Dempsey any day - a box to box runner. A good passer. Helps the defense. Can get on the end of a run for a tap in.

Send him back to QPR.

Agree with most of what you said but let's be honest Dempsey is not so great at defending either. The left flank was always a weak spot defensively with him in the side. Though his attacking contribution more than made up for this.

@jolslover

i feel he hasnt really been given a chance, but i agree if were not using him we should send him back, shame because hes a great talent, love watching him and i think he could do well under rene
STH H3