more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The January Silly Season thread

Started by Riverside, December 16, 2013, 05:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on January 29, 2014, 03:18:51 PM
From Wikipedia: "Kvist is the model central midfield player. He rarely concedes possession and uses the ball intelligently, is combative in the tackle and has the vision to pick out key passes."

We'll sort all that out quickly enough if he joins us.

FPT

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 29, 2014, 03:15:56 PM
Quote from: FPT on January 29, 2014, 03:15:20 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 29, 2014, 03:08:59 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on January 29, 2014, 03:04:04 PM
Get French Football ‏@GFN_France  8m
Evian have missed out on the loan deal of William Kvist, the player will join Fulham shortly. #FFC #ETG

Saw this, anyone seen the guy play?

My, admittedly, limited knowledge of him says he's defensive, but in a positive way. He's what I call a number 4, the player that can sit in front of the back four, break up play, but also keep the ball moving. He's by no stretch of the imagination, a number ten, but he's very comfortable on the ball.

Suggests to me that he will play as the pivot in a 433, which is good news in my opinion.

So he's the Defour alternative i guess?

I think so, not as good on the ball, but probably better off of it. The tweet suggests a loan move, which would okay, as if he does well, we can get him in; or if Defour continues to not play, it can plug that gap for a summer move.

PokerMatt

I watch a lot of German footy. Kvist is good. Not the best positionally at times, but much more defensive minded than any players we have. Would be good in front of back four or as a defensive player in a midfield two. Not creative but hard working, tidy passer and plenty young enough.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

jmh

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 29, 2014, 03:22:46 PM
I watch a lot of German footy. Kvist is good. .... Not creative but hard working,...
So, in other words, the same as the central midfielders we already have?

KP_FFC

I watch a lot of German footy. Kvist is good. Not the best positionally at times, but much more defensive minded than any players we have. Would be good in front of back four or as a defensive player in a midfield two. Not creative but hard working, tidy passer and plenty young enough.
thats great to hear, just what we need :D
and he's 29 so yes its young for us lol

General

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on January 29, 2014, 12:25:19 AM
This is a real statement of intent by us. Hes been linked with some real heavyweights. As has been said no agreement has been reached but at least its been confirmed that we are in advanced talks. We need to get this done as quick as possible before we lose out on this guy.

Real Madrid want ashkan dejagah.... Because i have now linked him with a big team, he must be bloody phenomenal.... Sadly the world doesn't work that way, being linked to a big team is as relevant as saying i think a friend of mine may cook pasta bolognaise today... I have no idea if that is true or not.

DevonFFC

The Greek god has been left out of the squad tonight

jj____

Why is defensive midfielder that much of a priority right now?

rusty shackleford

Quote from: KP_FFC on January 29, 2014, 03:24:49 PM

28! for a few weeks anyway. He's just a kid

grandad

I wonder if our Old Greek God is putting in a good word to the Young Greek God?
Where there's a will there's a wife

FPT

Quote from: jj____ on January 29, 2014, 03:29:29 PM

I think we're sacrificing the number ten (the position behind the striker) for added midfield solidity. Also, more people in this area makes it harder for teams to break down and easier to control the midfield battle with the added channels. The 433 is what we played at our best under Rene, but Karagounis' legs mean we can't utilise it.

JackyFulham90

Our moves in this window have been very positive, let's hope come Saturday we are left with a squad that is capable of keeping us in the league, I feel if we can escape going down this year we will be good next season as the squad will be overhauled & Khan will know money needs to be spent or we will go down.

KP_FFC

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 29, 2014, 03:29:46 PM
Quote from: KP_FFC on January 29, 2014, 03:24:49 PM

28! for a few weeks anyway. He's just a kid

he many not be experienced enough, at least we have george to give him some pointers

God The Mechanic

Because we have sod all defensive cover.  Maybe play with a back four, a holding player just in front of them, two midfielders (one of whom is box to box and the other a passer - depending on transfers two of Sidwell/Parker/Karagounis/Kasami), two wingers and a lone striker?

Zu-Meister

Mitroglou

Richardson           Dejagah

Sidwell     Parker

Kvist

New LB   Burn  Hangeland   Riether

Stekelenburg.

that'd be nice.

hesedmedia

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 29, 2014, 03:46:58 PM

Because we have sod all defensive cover.  Maybe play with a back four, a holding player just in front of them, two midfielders (one of whom is box to box and the other a passer - depending on transfers two of Sidwell/Parker/Karagounis/Kasami), two wingers and a lone striker?

This. Need this to happen. The only times we've looked like staying up was playing this, and why we ever attempted 4231 again is an infuriating mystery.

Danitar

Why is this taking so long?

bulgariawhite

Kyle Bartley has been recalled by Swansea from Birmingham. Does that mean that Taylor is on for us?

KP_FFC

Quote from: bulgariawhite on January 29, 2014, 04:12:42 PM
Kyle Bartley has been recalled by Swansea from Birmingham. Does that mean that Taylor is on for us?
i think laudrup feels sorry for us due to how bad we played so he may let us have taylor

may have been rene's master plan  :dft011:

Julius Geezer

Kostas Mitroglou: Talks continuing over Fulham deal

Sky Sports understands that discussions are continuing between Fulham and Olympiakos over Kostas Mitroglou.

Fulham opened talks with Olympiakos earlier this week and now they appear to be closing on a deal which could be worth around £12.5million - which would represent a club record.

Olympiakos are in action on Wednesday as they have a Greek Cup quarter-final clash with Atromitos - but sources in Greece say Mitroglou will not be involved as he is set to travel to London for a medical.

Mitroglou has been in wonderful form for Olympiakos this season with 17 goals in 19 games, which had seen him linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs - but now it appears Fulham are hopeful of securing what would be a major coup.