more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (17/12/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 17, 2013, 08:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan

The Guardian is reporting that Clint Dempsey's much-speculated return to Fulham is a done deal. A two-month loan from Major League Soccer's Seattle Sounders will begin on Jan. 1 bring the 30-year-old back to the United States ahead of his MLS team's March 8 season opener, sacrificing preseason with his new club for a chance to return to Craven Cottage.

Citing "US sources," the London-based outlet reports Dempsey will stay in southwest London "until late February," returning to the club where he scored 23 all-competition goals in 2011-12. That summer, Dempsey moved from Fulham to Tottenham Hotspur, leaving the Cottagers as the club's all-time leading scorer in Premier League play.

Dempsey left Tottenham before the start of Spurs' 2013-14 season to move back to Major League Soccer, where he played with the New England Revolution from 2004-2006. His three-and-a-half year deal with the Sounders includes a clause that allows him to go on loan this winter in preparation for the 2014 World Cup.

Though Spurs held an option on Dempsey's return, the U.S. captain will instead rejoin Fulham, who we originally signed for in Dec. 2006. Over the course of five-and-a-half seasons, Dempsey scored 60 all-competition goals, including twice in Fulham's 2009-10 run to the Europa League final.

By the end of his time at Craven Cottage, Dempsey had evolved into one of the team's most important players, but with Rene Meulensteen having recently taken as manager over for Martin Jol, it's unclear how the 101-time U.S. international will be used. Over the past two games, Fulham has played with two  attackers flanking Dimitar Berbatov (the club's number nine), and while Dempsey could play in either of those spots, he also gives Meulensteen a player capable of playing in support of a lead striker. Likewise, if Berbatov (in the final year of his contract) is moved in the winter transfer window, Dempsey gives Meulenteen another option through the middle.

For Seattle, a team that's making a number of changes this offseason, losing their playmaker through training camp will be a significant blow; however, it will not be an unanticipated one. As the Sounders appear set to build around Dempsey playing in support of the likes of Obafemi Martins, Kenny Cooper, and Lamar Neagle, they've been aware of the likelihood of Dempsey's absence, one which should help him prepare for Brazil 2014.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/15/clint-dempsey-transfer-rumors-latest-news-fulham-loan-seattle-sounders-major-league-soccer/?

WhiteJC

Transfer News: Fulham forward Bryan Ruiz could look for move

Bryan Ruiz: Linked with move

Fulham forward Bryan Ruiz has told La Derniere Heure he would consider a move away from Craven Cottage ahead of next summer's World Cup finals.

The former Gent and Twente man has been linked with a return to Belgium with Anderlecht whilst Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven were also said to be interested.

And Costa Rica international Ruiz admits a move back across the Channel could appeal to him, as he appears to have slipped down the pecking order at Fulham.

Quoted in Belgian daily La Derniere Heure he said: "If I ever get the chance to play in Belgium or Holland, I would think about it.

"I've good memories of the Belgian league. I still have a lot of friends there."

He added: "I'm looking forward to the World Cup. We've a difficult season here at Fulham, but I want to be as fit as possible for the World Cup."

Anderlecht are reportedly hoping to persuade Fulham to sanction a loan deal, but PSV's interest appears to have faded.

PSV's director of football Marcel Brands said: "We were interested in Ruiz in the summer, but he wanted to stay in London.

"Now, he isn't an option for us anymore."

Fulham are being linked with a loan move for their former star Clint Dempsey, who could be set to return to England on a short-term loan from MLS outfit Seattle Sounders.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9076116/?

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Fulham hope to bring Clint Dempsey back with January loan from Seattle Sounders

Move could pave way for Bryan Ruiz exit

Fulham have high hopes of securing a January loan move for former player Clint Dempsey, despite a large amount of interest in the American star from other Premier League clubs.

Stoke City and West Ham are also thought to be very interested in bringing the forward in on loan, but the London club remain confident that he will come back to Craven Cottage.

Dempsey is available for the two-month MLS off-season, following his £6m move to the Seattle Sounders from Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

In his five-year spell at Fulham, Dempsey scored 60 goals for the club and the West Londoners will be hoping for more of the same as they look to rescue their season following a poor start.

Dempsey's return to Craven Cottage could also allow out-of-favour forward Bryan Ruiz to move to Anderlecht.

The Costa Rican forward was a record signing when he arrived at Fulham for £10.6m from FC Twente in 2011, but he has not had the impact that many hoped for, scoring only nine goals so far in his spell at the club.

Anderlecht sporting director Herman Van Holsbeeck is supposed to be arriving in London this week to try to negotiate a January deal to sign Ruiz, with the Belgian club thought to be keen on a loan originally with a more permanent move possible down the line.     

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/transfer-news-fulham-hope-to-bring-clint-dempsey-back-with-january-loan-from-seattle-sounders-9007108.html

WhiteJC

Everton thoughts

Aside from not having had much of a moment the Everton game has left me a bit confused. I think I'm guilty of forgetting how bad we were quite recently, but I've been a bit surprised at how positive people have been about the Everton performance.

But I didn't really see a team that looked completely at the races. The defence is shaping up fairly well and Aaron Hughes seems to have found some important form. The midfield looked pretty good at times and when Parker and Karagounis switched at the start of the second half Fulham certainly enjoyed a good spell. Sidwell had another "good Sidwell" game.

Ahead of them it was harder. Dejagah and Kacaniklic weren't the factors you might have hoped and Berbatov flickered rather than shone. True, we were away somewhere we always struggle, and I love how we're building a coherent approach (4-3-3 with a bit more directness) but it feels to me as if saying Everton were flattered flatters us. No, of course it wasn't a 4-1 defeat in the truest sense but equally there felt like quite a big gap in class to me.

What I'm reaching for, I think, is one of those cup ties when a lower league team briefly frightens a big club before falling away inevitably at the end. Harsh perhaps but that's how it feels.

What did we learn?

The back four's alright. I guess you wouldn't say no to reinforcements but I quite like the general flavour of the current setup.

Every time Meulensteen picks Karagounis I'm happy because the latter always plays quite well, but disappointed that he feels this is the only option. It also seems to mean that he'll need a late sub and if we don't have a like-for-like (which we don't really) then it means changing something quite a lot after 65 minutes, which is probably not a big deal but feels like it could be.

Kasami's still young and a bit of a break isn't the end of the world. He has a lot of positive attributes and has surprised me this season but is probably deserving of a break.

Nice to see Kacaniklic get a run in the team. As we've said so often, young wingers are almost bound to be inconsistent and it felt weak to drag him off or drop him every time he had a quiet match. You either decide that he's going to develop into a major player and give him the time to become that or you do something else. I don't think Kaca was well served by the neither/nor approach of Jol. He had a quietish game but earned the penalty so his work was far from wasted.

Ruiz must be off in January. No reason to not bring him on on Saturday. I like Duff as was but at this point I'm not sure he was going to make something from nothing, which Ruiz might have done. (Bent felt like the right substitute for the time but nothing came his way.)

https://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/everton-thoughts/?

WhiteJC

Battle at the Bottom – Fulham, Crystal Palace, West Brom, West Ham and Sunderland – The Uncomfortable Truth of the Relegation Zone

It's that point in the season where we begin to acknowledge the different battles in the Premier League – the battle for the title and the battle for survival. The table splits and some clubs must begin to take priority with surviving and not winning the title. It is an uncomfortable reality for the bottom clubs.

Since the 2004-05 Premier League season, 56% (or 15 out of 27) of clubs who find themselves in the relegation zone at Christmas never make it out and fail to avoid consolidation to the Championship. Last year in the 2013-14 season, all three teams, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, and Wigan, could not escape consolidation after being in the relegation zone during Christmas.

Pending results next weekend on the 21st and the 22nd, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Fulham, West Bromwich Albion, and West Ham United will make up the bottom five teams who're in the relegation places come Christmas day. Throughout the next five months, they will all look to salvage points against their relegation rivals. Of the twenty matches to be played out among the current bottom five clubs, nine matches have been played between them (the only match-up that hasn't taken place is West Bromwich Albion vs. West Ham United).

FUL    CPA    WBA    WHU    SUN
FUL    X W 4-1 D 1-1 L 0-3 W 0-1
CPA    L 1-4 X L 2-0 W 1-0 W 3-1
WBA    D 1-1 W 0-2 L 2-0 N/A W 0-3
WHU    W L 0-1 N/A X D 0-0
SUN    L 1-0 L 1-3 L 3-0 D 0-0 X
Match-ups between bottom 5 teams as of December 15, 2013. W, D, L followed by the score indicates match played between the two teams with the victor and the result. N/A indicates a match that hasn't been played between two teams. No team has played each other twice this season.

The battle for relegation is a league of its own in a league with minimal parity. Clubs being sucked into relegation have to battle for points with the teams they're directly competing with to avoid the drop. Those who can survive against their relegation rivals should survive comfortably. This is a concept being reinforced through the likes of Fulham and Crystal Palace. Fulham has dropped a staggering 27 out of a possible 27 points (0-0-9) against the current top 10 sides. Only Manchester City from the current top 10 has yet to play against Fulham. All of the club's four wins in its 4-1-11 record have come against bottom half teams (4-1-2).

Crystal Palace has done one point better than Fulham against top table sides. Palace entertains a 0-1-7 record against top sides while picking up a 4-0-4 record against bottom sides (including their dramatic 4-1 loss at Selhurst Park to their London and relegation rivals). Crystal Palace reinforces the battle at the bottom by picking up 12 of their 13  points against the other bottom sides. They have yet to play Manchester City and Newcastle from the top 10.

Sunderland are beginning to question the common theme of gaining points against the bottom teams by achieving all two of their wins against top 10 sides with wins at the Stadium of Light against Manchester City and Newcastle. In contrast, the Black Cats are 0-2-4 against bottom half teams that are directly associated with their battle for survival. Sunderland is taking a much more unorthodox route to gathering points. In the 2012-13 Premier League season, only one of the relegated sides were able to win against a top 10 side (Reading won 2-1 against Everton at home).

Against the Top 10 sides  Against bottom 10 sides  Current Position
Sunderland 
2W 1D 6L
0W 2D 4L
20th
Crystal Palace 
0W 1D 7L
4W 0D 4L
19th
Fulham 
0W 0D 9L
4W 1D 2L
18th
Current relegation sides against the bottom and half clubs of the Premier League. The different sides are taking different approaches to gaining the points for survival.

No matter where you pick up your points, it all depends on where you stand at the end of the season. Clubs at the bottom need to take points against their relegation rivals to cut the possibility of others benefiting from your falls. Current relegation sides have followed this game plan with the exception of Sunderland who has managed to hit above their weight class this season. Regardless, these wins won't resonate when they're staring down Championship football at the end of May.

http://www.footballrants.com/england/premier-league/battle-at-the-bottom-fulham-crystal-palace-west-brom-west-ham-and-sunderland-the-uncomfortable-truth-of-the-relegation-zone/3520?

WhiteJC

Fulham confident of beating Stoke and West Ham to Dempsey deal – report

Fulham are confident of agreeing a deal to bring Clint Dempsey back to Craven Cottage on loan, the Daily Telegraph reports.

The former Whites star, 30, is expected to make a temporary return to the Premier League from Seattle Sounders.

Stoke, whose boss Mark Hughes managed Dempsey at Fulham, and West Ham are also said to be interested in Dempsey.

Meanwhile, Belgian side Anderlecht are reported to be keen to sign Fulham's Bryan Ruiz on loan with a view to a permanent move, although wages could apparently be a problem.

The Sun say Costa Rican playmaker Ruiz, who had a three-year spell at Gent, is looking to return to Belgium so he can play first-team football ahead of next summer's World Cup.

Ruiz is quoted as saying: "Playing at the World Cup can define your career and I want to have a good finish to this season.

"But things are difficult at Fulham now and I want above all to prepare well for next summer's finals.

"If the chance comes for me to play in Belgium or Holland once more I will certainly consider it.

"I have happy memories of Belgium. I am still in contact with friends in the country."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/fulham-confident-of-seeing-off-competition-from-stoke-and-west-ham-to-clinch-deal-for-dempsey-report-wls-football

WhiteJC

Fulham midfielder to snub Manchester United

Roberts is an England youth international. (©GettyImages)

Manchester United have been dealt a blow in their alleged pursuit of Patrick Roberts, after it emerged the young midfielder plans to sign a professional contract with Fulham, reports the Sunday People.

The highly-rated 16-year-old had been heavily linked with a move away from Craven Cottage, as a clutch of the country's biggest clubs attempt to lure him away from west London.

Red Devils boss David Moyes has been credited with an interest in bringing Roberts to Old Trafford, as he regards the talented teenager as a potential star of the future.

However, Manchester United's hopes of securing the player's long-term future now looks uncertain, with Roberts set to pen a deal with Fulham on his 17th birthday in February.

Roberts has been earning rave reviews in the Cottagers' Academy, alongside fellow Manchester United target Moussa Dembele.

Dembele is verging on a first-team breakthrough in Rene Meulensteen's side, but Roberts remains some way off, given his tender years.

http://www.givemesport.com/410987-fulham-midfielder-to-snub-manchester-united?autoplay=on

WhiteJC

Meulensteen tries to find silver lining as dark clouds gather
Everton 4 Fulham 1

Roberto Martinez recently offered an insight into a pet hate of Premier League managers. "The last thing you want is the opposition telling you how well you have played when you've just lost," the Everton manager said.

His Fulham counterpart, Rene Meulensteen, knew the feeling on Saturday evening but given his side's perilous position, he will embrace all the goodwill available.

Fulham may improve under the tutorship of the Dutchman, but you are in danger of setting the pace in the world barrel-scraping championship when using a 4-1 defeat as evidence of any sort of revival.

The glowing testimonies from both managers on Fulham's behalf were prompted by a vastly improved 25 minutes at the start of the second half, notable for several curiosities.

Scott Parker and Giorgos Karagounis stopped looking like they had been shoved into midfield direct from the veterans side, and Dimitar Berbatov momentarily considered closing down defenders. Everton succumbed to a prolonged spell of pressure when Berbatov's penalty cancelled out Leon Osman's early strike. Tim Howard had already prevented Parker and Steve Sidwell equalising at the start of the second half.

Meulensteen's vision for Fulham was evident during this spell, with the 'pressing game' now the compulsory blueprint for every newly appointed coach put into effect as Everton defenders panicked when closed down, although whether the likes of Parker have the physical capacity to retain the high energy levels required is debatable.

The final quarter, when Everton picked off Fulham with a slight switch in gear, would suggest not. Everton kicked on, scored another three and gave the deceptive impression that it had been a hammering.

"We just take it on the chin," Meulensteen said.

"There are loads of positives to draw. It was really positive that we gave them a game, especially in the second half."

Seamus Coleman, Gareth Barry and Kevin Mirallas ensured Everton did what top-four teams tend to do, responding to the first hint of trouble and winning without exploring the heights they scaled at Old Trafford or the Emirates Stadium recently.

Martinez's press conferences are also taking on a rotation policy where he is invited to eulogise about a different player each week.

He believes Osman ought still to be in Roy Hodgson's thoughts for England.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/meulensteen-tries-to-find-silver-lining-as-dark-clouds-gather-29840965.html

WhiteJC

Ipswich Star Linked

The plethora of transfer speculation relating to Fulham Football Club continues this morning.

According to one prominent newspaper, we`re being linked with the Ipswich Town left-back Aaron Creswell

Creswell, 24 years of age, is rated in the £4 million bracket and his possible availability is confirmed by a remark made by the Ipswich Town manager, Mick McCarthy, who has remarked,

"If it`s the right deal for everybody, it`s very hard to stop."

Perhaps we should keep an eye open for this one in the transfer window this January.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=342023#ixzz2niosIcBP

WhiteJC

Fulham to loan out Ruiz for £1m fee?

Fulham could earn around £1million by loaning out Bryan Ruiz to Anderlecht, according to reports in Belgium.

Ruiz has struggled for form this season and has been on the receiving end of boos from his own supporters at Craven Cottage.

And the midfielder has been an unused substitute in each of Fulham's last three Premier League matches since Rene Meulensteen replaced Martin Jol as manager.

Ruiz is Costa Rica's star player and they will need their main man in fine form and playing regularly ahead of their World Cup campaign next summer, when they will face England, Uruguay and Italy.

And Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heure claims Anderlecht are joined in the race for the temporary deal with Ruiz's former clubs Gent and FC Twente, as well as Dutch heavyweights PSV Eindhoven.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/fulham-loan-out-ruiz-ps1m-fee-13121672041#tJRhHdc8riWlyJGZ.99

WhiteJC

'Oldies' get special treatment as Fulham try to fight off fatigue

Fulham have given Scott Parker, Giorgos Karagounis and Steve Sidwell a special training schedule to help the midfielders cope with the busy festive period.

Rene Meulensteen and the club's medical staff have devised a strict programme that is geared towards managing their fitness, with the club facing five games in 14 days.

Parker, 33 (above, right), Karagounis, 36, and Sidwell, 30, have been a big factor behind Fulham's fight for survival in recent weeks and Meulensteen is keen to safeguard against fatigue.

It is hoped the schedule will help keep the trio fully fit as Fulham, who were beaten 4-1 at Everton on Saturday, bid to pull clear of the relegation zone.

"You manage the squad in three different stages: the players above 30, the players between 25-30 and the younger ones," said head coach Meulensteen. "They all need a different approach to make sure they are ready to perform to the best they can. The Christmas period it is challenging for the whole squad, not only the older players."

Meulensteen feels the scoreline at Goodison Park was harsh on Fulham but is encouraged by what he has seen since replacing Martin Jol two weeks ago.

Fulham host Manchester City on Saturday before away games against Norwich and Hull after Christmas and Meulensteen said: "The training and the application of the players has been fantastic.

"Saturday looked, if you saw the scoreline, like we were on our knees but that was not the case. We kept the ball well enough but without asking too many questions."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/oldies-get-special-treatment-as-fulham-try-to-fight-off-fatigue-9007434.html

WhiteJC

Berbatov scuppers loan advances

Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov has made his position clear to the west London club as a result of several inquiries being lodged - notably from West Ham.

The former Manchester United striker was one of the many names on the Hammers target list this January but the player has given them and all others an immediate thumbs down.

The 32-year-old Bulgarian has forged a special relationship with the fans at Craven Cottage and made it clear to the club's management he wants to stay and help score the goals to ease the club from relegation danger.

The front man scored 18 goals for the club last season and has managed four in what has been a very poor first half of the campaign for the team.

The Hammers - along with several other relegation threatened-clubs - have made their interest known but Berbatov will not be moving.

A source said: "He's a target but has no desire to go anywhere."

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/37319-berbatov-scuppers-loan-advances.php#.UrAWiKUcKbA

WhiteJC

Fulham U21s 5-3 Tottenham

Watch Muamer Tankovic's hat-trick as the Whites' U21s came out on top of a goalfest with Tottenham at Motspur Park.

Fulham 5-3 Tottenham Hotspur, Barclays U21 Premier League

Muamer Tankovic fired in a hat-trick as Fulham Under-21s responded to clinch victory after letting a three-goal lead slip against Tottenham Hotspur.

Kit Symons' Team were on their game from the opening whistle as Tankovic stroked in a well-worked set piece before doubling his tally with a composed finish.

Tom Richards' 38th minute strike opened up an emphatic three-goal lead at the interval but Spurs responded in the best possible way, pulling two goals back within eight minutes of the restart.

The visitors made their momentum count to level but a 73rd minute Tankovic penalty completed his treble and substitute George Williams struck in stoppage time to kill off Spurs' comeback attempt.

Tankovic came to the fore straight from the off, but he soon turned from creator to predator when Lasse Vigen Christensen popped up at the far post to head Josh Passley's corner across goal and the Swedish striker turned the ball in on 12 minutes.

Spurs were beginning to find a foothold in the game but a quick Whites counter-attack punished them on 36 minutes, Lyle Della Verde and Richards combining for Tankovic to add another calm finish.

The Whites went into the interval in a ruthless mood, extending the lead even further after Della Verde seized on a loose pass and Richards rifled past goalkeeper Jonathan Miles with a low driven shot.

It was a different story after the break however and Spurs felt the comeback brewing when Dominic Ball stooped to head Aaron McEneff's corner past Jesse Joronen after 49 minutes.

The deficit was reduced further four minutes later when Kenneth McEvoy hit a firm strike into the top corner, and Shaquile Coulthirst's 68th minute header brought Spurs right back into the game at 3-3.

Goalkeeper Miles had denied Ange-Freddy Plumain when the Frenchman was clean through on goal, but the Whites made no mistake when Giancarlo Gallifuoco brought down Ronny Minkwitz for a penalty.

Tankovic sent Miles the wrong way from the spot with 16 minutes left on the clock and, with Tottenham pushing to level the scores again, Della Verde squared for sub Williams to tap in and secure the win.

Fulham Team: Joronen; Passley, Arthurworrey, Grimmer, Kavanagh (Williams 63); Vigen Christensen, Minkwitz, Della Verde; Plumain (Sambou 63), Tankovic, Richards.

Substitutes Not Used: Norman, Buatu, O'Reilly.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/december/16/spurs-u21s-video?

WhiteJC

Ashkan Dejagah: 'Fulham will work hard'

Fulham midfielder Ashkan Dejagah has insisted that the squad will work hard this week in order to take points from Saturday's Premier League encounter at home to Manchester City.

The Cottagers head into the match one point adrift of safety in the table following last weekend's 4-1 defeat at Everton.

Despite City's impressive form this season, Dejagah is hopeful that Fulham can come away with a positive result against the former English champions.

"City have a great team with a strong attack so we will have to work very hard this week and try and forget the Everton game and hopefully we can take some points against City," he told the club's official website.

Fulham have lost five of their last six fixtures in the Premier League.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/dejagah-fulham-will-work-hard_124742.html

WhiteJC

Why Fulham's ungrateful Bryan Ruiz should leave in January

There seems to be a trend emerging at Fulham; when things get a little tough, you throw in the towel.

It doesn't apply to the masses, of course, but there is still an overwhelming pang of indifference towards the club among current players, and Bryan Ruiz is the latest to make it official.

He wants to leave. Just as the tide begins to turn away from Martin Jol's favourite creative midfielder, he decides it's time to sneak out of the back door and leave an ineffectual two-and-a-half years in the Premier League behind.

In the face of adversity, he simply backs down and Dimitar Berbatov reacted similarly to Jol's dismissal, declaring he wants to leave in January. At least he, though, is still putting a shift in for the club with a run of impressive performances.

Ruiz, however, has been dropped and doesn't see fighting for his place as a viable option. Given his natural talent, a little bit of perseverance could easily see him return to the team but, as we've come accustomed to over the past few months, fighting isn't his forte.

For that, I wouldn't be sad to see him leave. Yes, he is a superb player at a technical level, but it never shows on the pitch where, instead, he seems unable to consistently cope with the demands of English football.

We would miss his craft because, when things are going right for the Costa Rican, he can rack up assist after assist with his array of fine passing. That's replaceable, though, and carrying him in the team, as well as Adel Taarabt and Berbatov, is too much of a burden.

With Jol gone and Rene Meulensteen now trying to redress the issue, Ruiz has lost his support block and perhaps we should cease supporting him too, if this is how he responds.

As part of the legacy of Jol's era, where too much emphasis was put on flair and not enough on balance, losing Ruiz could be no bad thing. In fact, it could signify the start of a whole new Fulham.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/16/why-fulhams-ungrateful-bryan-ruiz-should-leave-in-january-4232261/?

WhiteJC

U21 Cup Date Confirmed

Fulham's Barclays Under-21 Premier League Cup clash with Arsenal will now take place at Motspur Park on Thursday 9th January (7pm).

The clash was originally due to be played on Friday 3rd January – but the two sides will now meet the following week.

The Whites booked their place in the Round of 16 with a 3-0 win at Aston Vila.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/december/16/u21-cup-date-confirmed?

WhiteJC

Stadium Store Opening Hours

Come and see us at the Stadium Store for late night shopping on Thursday 19th December to take advantage of a range of amazing offers on Christmas Gifts.

We're open until 8pm on Thursday so pop down and stock up on 3 for 2 Christmas Gifts (offer available instore only), a FREE copy of the 2000/01 Promotion Season Review DVD & Coin Set with the purchase of any adidas Replica Away Shirt, and a Fulham Christmas poster with every purchase!

Next week, we'll be open Monday 23rd December from 9am-5pm and Tuesday 24th December (Christmas Eve) from 9am–3pm.

Don't forget to download your £10 Stadium Store voucher before you come down!

We look forward to seeing you.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/december/16/stadium-store-opening-hours?

WhiteJC

Ryan Williams hoping for Oxford United stay

Fulham winger Ryan Williams has revealed that he is hopeful of extending his loan spell with Oxford United.

The 20-year-old moved to the Kassam Stadium from the Premier League side in the summer and has impressed during his 18 appearances for the League Two outfit.

"I'm enjoying my football here. I've had to wait for my chance and I've taken it and proved I should be playing every week," Williams told the Oxford Mail.

"I'm having fun, we're getting results and scoring goals - I could not really be happier. I think it would be quite stupid for me to go elsewhere at this point in time."

As it stands, Williams's loan spell will expire at the end of December.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/oxford-united/transfer-talk/news/williams-hoping-for-oxford-stay_124775.html

WhiteJC

Midfielder hoping for upset

Fulham midfielder Ashkan Dejagah insists that the squad will work hard this week in order to try and surprise Manchester City.

The Cottagers host City at Craven Cottage next Saturday as they look to bounce back from last weekend's 4-1 mauling to the hands of Everton. Fulham have found points hard to come by in the early part of the campaign and head into the fixture with Manuel Pellegrini's free-scoring side just one point adrift from safety. Despite the Citizens impressive form at the Etihad they have not been as strong on the road and Dejagah is hoping that they can come up with a positive result against the Citizens. Dejagah said: "City have a great team with a strong attack so we will have to work very hard this week and try and forget the Everton game and hopefully we can take some points against City."

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/midfielder-hoping-for-upset-1681088.html?

WhiteJC

NEWCASTLE PLAN TO WATCH SOUTHAMPTON, WEST BROM AND FULHAM TARGET JONATHAN PITROIPA

Newcastle are the latest Premier League side to show interest in Rennes winger Jonathan Pitroipa.

Southampton, West Brom and Fulham have already scouted the Burkina Faso international this season, and the Magpies intend to follow suit on Wednesday when Rennes face Bordeaux, according to reports in the Daily Mail.

The 27-year-old as player of the tournament at last year's African Cup of Nations.

The reports claim that the Magpies will also keep an eye on Pitroipa's team-mate, in-demand defensive midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko.

The 19-year-old is also wanted by PSG, Everton, Chelsea and Manchester United

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/12/newcastle-plan-to-watch-southampton-west-brom-and-fulham-jonathan-pitroipa/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29