watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sascha Reither just tweeted this

Started by BigNigeBowds, December 19, 2013, 02:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ltd-ffc

"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

MOR :

H3Matt

Oh yes. THIS is the kind of business I want to see us doing. Maybe next we pinch Dembele on loan or (preferably) on a permanent transfer from Spurs  :021:

Hopefully Clint's ready to play against West Ham on New Years Day. Would make the trip to The Cottage (definitely hungover) a lot better!

COYW

Basil

Would be good if he is training with us now and ready to go as soon as possible.

nose

How strange the world is, one day clint was devil (which i never thought he was, i sympathised with him!), now it';s forgive and forget.

But pesonally for the little we have seen I don't see clint as a rene type player

rene likes hard work and team play

The one thin that is 100% true of clint is he is lazy, he was very poor at his defensive duties, even at portsmouth he didn't track back and was the one very low light on that spectacular day.

he might score a few goals but I find it hard to believe he will improve the team. He had one good season... just one, and remember he was never, repeat never in roy's preferred starting 11 and that speaks volumes!

If he comes fine, I will be behind him, but I have extremely limited expectations for a man that rarely looked the part for us, I seem to recall his biggest fans were always those that watched on telly rather than live.

LordNelson

Quote from: nose on December 19, 2013, 04:28:25 PM
How strange the world is, one day clint was devil (which i never thought he was, i sympathised with him!), now it';s forgive and forget.

But pesonally for the little we have seen I don't see clint as a rene type player

The one thin that is 100% true of clint is he is lazy, he was very poor at his defensive duties, even at portsmouth he didn't track back and was the one very low light on that spectacular day.

he might score a few goals but I find it hard to believe he will improve the team. He had one good season... just one, and remember he was never, repeat never in roy's preferred starting 11 and that speaks volumes!

If he comes fine, I will be behind him, but I have extremely limited expectations for a man that rarely looked the part for us, I seem to recall his biggest fans were always those that watched on telly rather than live.

Can't agree with you, mate. Danny Murphy on Clint:
"I've never trained with anyone like (Dempsey), he's unbelievable. He trains hard, he plays hard and he wants to improve all the time. That's why he's scoring his goals. ... He deserves the credit because he's been fantastic."

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

nose

Quote from: LordNelson on December 19, 2013, 04:36:08 PM

"I've never trained with anyone like (Dempsey), he's unbelievable. He trains hard, he plays hard and he wants to improve all the time. That's why he's scoring his goals. ... He deserves the credit because he's been fantastic."

Yes one season he scored lots of goals,
otherwise lazy and not a team player and never in roy's first 11.

Murphy also said on MOTD and five live what a great coach martin jol was so you can't take his words too seriously.

FFCByTheRiver

I think we must have watched a different Clint Dempsey.

The man I saw for Fulham, and continue to see for the USA was and is a hard worker and extremely team-orientated.

LordNelson

Quote from: nose on December 19, 2013, 04:46:12 PM

Murphy also said on MOTD and five live what a great coach martin jol was so you can't take his words too seriously.

I believe your opinion is in the minority.  So be it.  Regardless, the proof will be in the post Christmas pudding.  Sink or swim & what have you done for me lately will be the standard he will be judged by.

COYW!!  My glass remains half-full!!
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Northern Cottager

I'm happy Clint's back. Proven goalscorer and hard worker. He's the type of player we need. Back him and the rest of the squad up with some more quality and we'll be fine.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Berserker on December 19, 2013, 02:31:20 PM
If this happens I will think I have died and gone to heaven

That's all it takes?
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Doesn't seem like he's set the world alight at Seattle.

Having said that I think he will fit perfectly into the team,
he IS a hard worker, does track back and tackle, does get stuck
into the opposing defence and defends corners/set pieces.
He's one of those players that like Berbatov and Ruiz seem to have
a 'lazy attitude' but unlike those 2 he actually does work and when
he was on the left he was an enormous help to the left back.
My only concern is the 'shortness' of the loan.
I'm sure it will be benificial but could it be disruptive over the long term,
and how ill it affect who he replaces, most of the are players I think we
would want to keep. (Kaka, Kasami, Dejagah and any youngsters in the
wings.
I'm also convinced that there will be additional signings.
I don't think Rene would be interested (if of course it's true) if he
was not sure Clint would be worth the short term 'risk'
It's sort of like someone going into a part time job because the incumbent is
on maternity leave ! (or maybe not) mainly because none of our
players are capable of getting pregnant.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alfie

I am not really bothered either way, but just to put a little bit of a downer, lets not build him up like he is going to save the world, it worked for him once may not do so again, and if it doesn't out will come all the negative posts again.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Vinnieffc

A fit and hungry Clint returning to the Cottage with a point to prove ? Yes please !!  049:gif

filham

Yes bu
Quote from: Berserker on December 19, 2013, 02:31:20 PM
If this happens I will think I have died and gone to heaven
Yes but you will only be in heaven 2 months , Clint will then go back to the States and we will be left looking at the road to hell.

ElissonSnygg

Wow, he is actually back. Best news this year tbh.

Quote from: Vinnieffc on December 19, 2013, 05:35:26 PM
A fit and hungry Clint returning to the Cottage with a point to prove ? Yes please !!  049:gif

+1
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

nose

Quote from: LordNelson on December 19, 2013, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: nose on December 19, 2013, 04:46:12 PM

I believe your opinion is in the minority.  So be it.  Regardless, the proof will be in the post Christmas pudding.  Sink or swim & what have you done for me lately will be the standard he will be judged by.

COYW!!  My glass remains half-full!!

yes me and roy hodgson.... not in his first 11
he was definitely lazy
and as to being in th minority iwas that in my loathing of jol from day one!
clint was ok but nothing special

BestOfBrede

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 19, 2013, 03:17:43 PM
I, for one, will forgive and forget and welcome our all time Prem top scorer back with open arms.
:plus one:
I think he will give us much needed boost!

bigalffc

can't wait to see him drifting in from the left and scoring goals for us again  076.gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Julius Geezer

Not getting carried away with this at all.

2 months loan? Can't see him making an impact.

With the manor in which he left and the outcome of his demands to play CL football, I can't help but feel he mugged us off.

He was a great player for Fulham.

But sorry won't forgive him just like that.

Show me instant goals and commitment and I might re-consider.