News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does this mean that we are getting the American fans back for 2 months as well?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, December 20, 2013, 01:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmasar

Quote from: KingstonWhite on December 21, 2013, 07:46:24 PM
Some Americans are honest FFC supporters! people can give the americans grief about they're only here because of Dempsey! i know one or two FFC fans(well the ones ive talked to like Russ Goldman) who are still here because they love the club! doesnt matter how good or bad we are! like ourselves they've found a place where they feel they belong, we've been there too so give them credit! coyw!

This includes myself.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Logicalman on December 21, 2013, 08:26:54 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on December 20, 2013, 05:18:42 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 20, 2013, 01:16:03 PM
Are they going to be gracing our messageboards again for the next two months just like the good old days?

I hope this was tongue in cheek. Usually, you are an intersesting poster. You have to remember, we yanks haven't forgiven you lot for burning the White House in 1812.
I'll be back once you lot apoligize for your bad treatment of McBride.

Well, I think it was 1814 (apparently in retaliation for his nag being shot whilst he was still riding it!!) and you have to remember the guy that led that attack was of Irish descent, not like the true blue-blooded English folk, but he got his justice just a month later in Baltimore.

Well that explains the anger then, 1814 isn't near as long ago as 1812. Can't believe no one bit on my McBride comment.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Rock

Quote from: bmasar on December 21, 2013, 11:05:56 PM
Quote from: KingstonWhite on December 21, 2013, 07:46:24 PM
Some Americans are honest FFC supporters! people can give the americans grief about they're only here because of Dempsey! i know one or two FFC fans(well the ones ive talked to like Russ Goldman) who are still here because they love the club! doesnt matter how good or bad we are! like ourselves they've found a place where they feel they belong, we've been there too so give them credit! coyw!

This includes myself.

When Demps, and even Boca came to us I hadn't a clue who they were. I reckon I was readily comparing them to Eddie Lewis, and glad they turnt out to be good servants to the club.

But tbh, I don't know many yank Fulham supporters, outside of people on here, or that live in caravans with the pikeys outside of Boston, there really are.

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 21, 2013, 11:14:58 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on December 21, 2013, 08:26:54 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on December 20, 2013, 05:18:42 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 20, 2013, 01:16:03 PM
Are they going to be gracing our messageboards again for the next two months just like the good old days?

I hope this was tongue in cheek. Usually, you are an intersesting poster. You have to remember, we yanks haven't forgiven you lot for burning the White House in 1812.
I'll be back once you lot apoligize for your bad treatment of McBride.

Well, I think it was 1814 (apparently in retaliation for his nag being shot whilst he was still riding it!!) and you have to remember the guy that led that attack was of Irish descent, not like the true blue-blooded English folk, but he got his justice just a month later in Baltimore.

Well that explains the anger then, 1814 isn't near as long ago as 1812. Can't believe no one bit on my McBride comment.

I honestly wasn't aware that McBride was in the White House at the time, I thought it was Madison (you know, the guy that had a square garden).

MayoDomo

For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

zschwartz

slowed the posting quite a bit because of work schedule but reading often. anyway i'm not sure an out of form dempsey is the answer but at least taraabt can be put out of his misery.

PaulUMD

Still here, though not afraid to admit being excited to see Clint back in his true colors come January. 

Forever Fulham

My ancestry is deeply England, Scotland, and Wales (with some Sweden, Holland, and Germany thrown in as well).  Cousins, enough with the Yank fan bashing.  We're all mostly mutts anyway.  We've kept the language alive and prominent, albeit in a somewhat bastardized form.  Such as not spelling it "bastardised."So much so, it is generally the international language of commerce.  We've kept our bond.  The so-called Special Relationship (as weird and undefinable as it is).  When are you ever not welcome over here?  Never.  (Unless you are Cat Stevens, and that's just wrong.)  You don't go on and on about Gera's countrymen. Or Karagounis' peeps.  Or the Swiss.  Or Moroccans.  Or the Irish (and many of them still hate you).  Or the Scots (the majority of whom seem to want their independence).  So, what's with the anti-American stuff?  Cut it out.  Enough already.  Just.  Please.  Stop.  We are still here, fans who didn't leave.  Yes, yes, there are still Ugly Americans out there, just as there are Brits who (from a past thread) "don't travel well."  But don't take it out on the fans.  My country's foreign affairs aren't a reflection of me, or YJ, or HD, etc.  We're just fans.  And sometimes I have to ask myself if it's even worth it for the grief given.  It's not like Fulham is setting the world on fire.  But aren't we all the same that way?  You start to follow a team, feel you kind of know the players, their idiosyncracies, their style, the managers and coaches.  Before you know it, you're hooked.  It's your team.  It may never win it all or even come close but that's not the real reason you support them.  How does one explain it?  It's like trying to express the inexpressible.  It's like a girl friend or a spouse.  Sure, there are prettier ones out there, smarter, with more on the ball.  But you chose 'her' and you're quite happy with your choice.  My team is pretty enough, thank you very much, even from as far away as North Texas.  Go Fulham!

epsomraver

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 23, 2013, 09:04:07 PM
My ancestry is deeply England, Scotland, and Wales (with some Sweden, Holland, and Germany thrown in as well).  Cousins, enough with the Yank fan bashing.  We're all mostly mutts anyway.  We've kept the language alive and prominent, albeit in a somewhat bastardized form.  Such as not spelling it "bastardised."So much so, it is generally the international language of commerce.  We've kept our bond.  The so-called Special Relationship (as weird and undefinable as it is).  When are you ever not welcome over here?  Never.  (Unless you are Cat Stevens, and that's just wrong.)  You don't go on and on about Gera's countrymen. Or Karagounis' peeps.  Or the Swiss.  Or Moroccans.  Or the Irish (and many of them still hate you).  Or the Scots (the majority of whom seem to want their independence).  So, what's with the anti-American stuff?  Cut it out.  Enough already.  Just.  Please.  Stop.  We are still here, fans who didn't leave.  Yes, yes, there are still Ugly Americans out there, just as there are Brits who (from a past thread) "don't travel well."  But don't take it out on the fans.  My country's foreign affairs aren't a reflection of me, or YJ, or HD, etc.  We're just fans.  And sometimes I have to ask myself if it's even worth it for the grief given.  It's not like Fulham is setting the world on fire.  But aren't we all the same that way?  You start to follow a team, feel you kind of know the players, their idiosyncracies, their style, the managers and coaches.  Before you know it, you're hooked.  It's your team.  It may never win it all or even come close but that's not the real reason you support them.  How does one explain it?  It's like trying to express the inexpressible.  It's like a girl friend or a spouse.  Sure, there are prettier ones out there, smarter, with more on the ball.  But you chose 'her' and you're quite happy with your choice.  My team is pretty enough, thank you very much, even from as far away as North Texas.  Go Fulham!

We call that a mongrel over here! :012: :012:

YankeeJim

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 23, 2013, 09:04:07 PM
My ancestry is deeply England, Scotland, and Wales (with some Sweden, Holland, and Germany thrown in as well).  Cousins, enough with the Yank fan bashing.  We're all mostly mutts anyway.  We've kept the language alive and prominent, albeit in a somewhat bastardized form.  Such as not spelling it "bastardised."So much so, it is generally the international language of commerce.  We've kept our bond.  The so-called Special Relationship (as weird and undefinable as it is).  When are you ever not welcome over here?  Never.  (Unless you are Cat Stevens, and that's just wrong.)  You don't go on and on about Gera's countrymen. Or Karagounis' peeps.  Or the Swiss.  Or Moroccans.  Or the Irish (and many of them still hate you).  Or the Scots (the majority of whom seem to want their independence).  So, what's with the anti-American stuff?  Cut it out.  Enough already.  Just.  Please.  Stop.  We are still here, fans who didn't leave.  Yes, yes, there are still Ugly Americans out there, just as there are Brits who (from a past thread) "don't travel well."  But don't take it out on the fans.  My country's foreign affairs aren't a reflection of me, or YJ, or HD, etc.  We're just fans.  And sometimes I have to ask myself if it's even worth it for the grief given.  It's not like Fulham is setting the world on fire.  But aren't we all the same that way?  You start to follow a team, feel you kind of know the players, their idiosyncracies, their style, the managers and coaches.  Before you know it, you're hooked.  It's your team.  It may never win it all or even come close but that's not the real reason you support them.  How does one explain it?  It's like trying to express the inexpressible.  It's like a girl friend or a spouse.  Sure, there are prettier ones out there, smarter, with more on the ball.  But you chose 'her' and you're quite happy with your choice.  My team is pretty enough, thank you very much, even from as far away as North Texas.  Go Fulham!

Let it go my brother. The English humor is an odd thing. I think mostly they just like pulling our chain. A few here are very predictable any time anything American comes about. When I get elected Pope, I'll ex-communicate them. I think that Americans are some of the last people in the world that actually are proud of their country despite our flaws. Rest in the knowledge that we run most everything in the world except for FIFA. FIFA would be better if we did. They are still  ticked about 1950 and Dempsey goal (granted with a Hart assist) in the last go around. Come to think of it, has England ever beaten the US in the WC?   086.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Forever Fulham

Now you're being the instigator.  :005:  BTW, I think you meant Rob Green, not Hart, in goal for England that game.  You know, when that goal dribbled past Green's fingers, and it seemed as if in slow motion, I was momentarily conflicted.  I remember thinking to myself, "This can't be good."