watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey has medical

Started by MikeCdawg, December 20, 2013, 01:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Its important whoevers in the team all supporters  get behind them and at the cottage we all can be the twelth man ad diference between winning and losing.and if clints in the team that's great.

HatterDon

Quote from: somerset cockernee on December 20, 2013, 08:26:04 PM
just a thought.....I hope it's not a bad omen....clint Dempsey is an anagram of PLENTY MEDICS.....but also SIMPLY DECENT
(yes, I do seem to have plenty of time on my hands don't I ?)

yes, but that's also a talent. I've worked at it for years and never can come up with stuff that quickly. Generally, Brits are 10 times better than us Yanks at this.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Count Berbatov

I just hope the fans don't embarrass themselves and give him a proper welcome. It's done and dusted. Nothing to do about it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

cottage cheese

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 20, 2013, 10:59:47 PM
I just hope the fans don't embarrass themselves and give him a proper welcome. It's done and dusted. Nothing to do about it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Agree. I really don't understand the anger towards him. Jol fell out with him for a start and secondly are people on here really willing to say they are angry at someone for taking a pay rise......as I bloody well would if the chance for me to get more money came along.

Fulham1959

For the avoidance of ambiguity :

"I just hope the fans don't embarrass themselves and do give him a proper welcome."

filham

Quote from: WolverineFFC on December 20, 2013, 01:57:37 PM
So if he does come on loan, is he allowed to start training prior to the open of the window? If so, I am a lot more bullish on this deal than if he has to wait for the transfer window.

Either way, this doesn't bode well for Adel's future under Rene as they play similar roles.

It would be great to see him in the team against West Ham on new years day, only wish he could stay for more than two months, we need him for the run in.

" He sh0ots wit his left,
he shoots with his right etc etc,"

We must all give him a loud welcome back.

ScalleysDad

So he is back, he is an American, he is wearing the white shirt, he might play on the left, he might play up the middle and he might contribute to the team with the odd goal. None of this will matter a jot if the balcony is not considerably enhanced by the presence of Mrs Dempsey. Far too many dodgey characters on there these days and if common sense prevails Murph is signed up on coaching/water bottle throwing duties and Mrs Murph takes her rightful place front and middle. These two and the Senderos harem and all will be well.

anyway back to the will he won't he debate

F(f)CUK

Quote from: Tonywa on December 20, 2013, 02:34:52 PM
So we have back the guy who, to all intents and purposes, went on strike and refused to play for FFC at the time he left.  Just the sort of commitment we need in a relegation fight.
I have said this several times, but worth another mention. Dempsey said 1.5 years before he left that he wanted to leave Fulham to play for a team in the Champions League. We had 1.5 years to prepare for his departure. On the other hand Dembele said he would stay and leaves 1.5 days before the end of the transfer window. Despite this Dembele is cheered and Dempsey might be booed. Actually Fulham should have accepted his departure rather than forcing him to force the position.

MrProphet

With MAF cutting costs along with dembele he was our most saleable asset if we are on to conspiracy theories what if it was him that was forced out?  Always two sides to the story

Why risk coming back fofollowing the abuse he got when we played spuds? Certainly not for the money. He clearly cares about the club

I for one am extremely happy to have him back

Forever Fulham

He had many choices but he chose to come back to Fulham.  One has to wonder how much of the animus towards the man has more to do with anti-American sentiment unfairly transferred.  I assume the worst, because of your nationality.  No proof he or his representatives ever picked up the phone and called another team in contravention of the rules.  And if someone did call him, and he said "hello", and if he listened while the voice on the other end talked, what then?  To whom do you apportion blame?

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 21, 2013, 10:32:00 AM
For the avoidance of ambiguity :

"I just hope the fans don't embarrass themselves and do give him a proper welcome."
Thanks.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Denver Fulham

After what Jol did to the club, people are going to boo Dempsey for falling out with him? LOL.

The guy scored 23 goals in his final season here, and wanted to move to a bigger level. Athletes have competition genes and also want to get paid as much as possible before their careers end. Dempsey managed to do both -- play at a bigger club and then get massively paid -- in the 18 months since he left.

Then, given numerous options for this loan, he chose to come back to Fulham.

Where's the problem here?

MJG

Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 23, 2013, 03:10:19 AM
After what Jol did to the club, people are going to boo Dempsey for falling out with him? LOL.

Thats not the issue people have with Dempsey and you know it.

RaySmith

All people should be concerned with is- will Dempsey give his all during games? Which,as a far as I'm concerned, he always has done.

Forget the past, welcome him back, cheer him on - he can be invaluable to the team in the present situation.

Holders

The guy scored 23 goals in his final season here, and wanted to move to a bigger level. Athletes have competition genes and also want to get paid as much as possible before their careers end. Dempsey managed to do both -- play at a bigger club and then get massively paid -- in the 18 months since he left.

I almost entirely agree, Denver. I would only add that the fact that he "went on strike" was an action against the club as much as it was against Jol and that is why some people still have reservations. I think we must put that out of the way. He had several other opportunities and, if he's chosen to come to us given the position we're in and will roll his sleeves up and work his socks off for the cause, then there should only be one reaction to his return in my view.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JBH

Quote from: Holders on December 23, 2013, 08:26:47 AM

I almost entirely agree, Denver. I would only add that the fact that he "went on strike" was an action against the club as much as it was against Jol and that is why some people still have reservations. I think we must put that out of the way. He had several other opportunities and, if he's chosen to come to us given the position we're in and will roll his sleeves up and work his socks off for the cause, then there should only be one reaction to his return in my view.

But did he go on strike or was that just Jol's story??

Count Berbatov

I understand how fans feel about it. Players aren't fans though. They are mercenaries. Dempsey is back for the same reason he left. For his own good. It's in his best interest to play and we shouldn't kid ourselves. But also you shouldn't be upset. As long as he brings the goods

Holders

Quote from: JBH on December 23, 2013, 08:32:25 AM

We'll probably never know for sure.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Denver Fulham

Quote from: JBH on December 23, 2013, 08:32:25 AM

I highly doubt Clint "went on strike" of his own volition. He/his agent should have handled the initial desire for a transfer better, but how was "going on strike" helping Dempsey? He was going to be out of form for his new club and was looking at losing his starting spot on the US National Team because of his lack of fitness.

Sometimes you don't get along with your boss. Dempsey had a number of them at Fulham and fought his way into the lineup every time. And now he just "went on strike" because of Jol or to force a move?

west kowloon white

Still to be confirmed-other,better,offers on the table?
Think a few might change their opinion if he opts for,say,WHU..