watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How long before the excuses run out?

Started by Victor Meldrew, December 22, 2013, 04:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Meldrew

Like Rene' said on Saturday, we now have to start turning some of these performances into points.

He's right, it's all fair and well playing like we are, but if we keep losing and shipping 3 to 4 goals a game, what then?

At the moment, I can buy the fact that we're not getting the rub of the green, and when you're down there, things don't tend to go your way but..

Set pieces, horrendous defending, old tired legs and conceding early / late on have been a problem for us even before Rene' took charge.

I keep looking around the forum and seeing things like " We shouldn't be 4-1 down", "We didn't deserve that", "The score line doesn't reflect on how we played" and the best of all "We were unlucky".

These excuses are all fine, early on, but at the end of the day, this is a results industry and won't get you points. The Premier League is very unforgiving.

So, my question is, if we don't start to pick up the points as of now, how long will it be before these excuses run out?  092.gif

JackyFulham90

We have played Everton, Spurs & Manchester City in the last few weeks

Rhys Lightning 63

Excuses will run out at 5:00pm on Saturday 11th January, after the Sunderland home game.

If by that point we haven't got a good enough haul of points from our games against Norwich, Hull, West Ham and Sunderland, we will then know that we are a terrible team and not just a decent team who happened top come up against better opponents.

The next 4 games, we CANNOT afford to come away with anything less than 9 points in my view
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

aaronmcguigan

these games were always going to be about getting a shape and a structure and plan into games. Its not an excuse, its  not even his team. The fact we are getting huge games out of the way and still in touch of 16th/17th is a big bonus. The excuses/pressure will surface if we fail to beat a team in and around us after a couple of games integrating talented players into an actual gameplan, something which hasnt been evident in 12 months

bobby01

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 22, 2013, 04:14:02 PM
Excuses will run out at 5:00pm on Saturday 11th January, after the Sunderland home game.

If by that point we haven't got a good enough haul of points from our games against Norwich, Hull, West Ham and Sunderland, we will then know that we are a terrible team and not just a decent team who happened top come up against better opponents.

The next 4 games, we CANNOT afford to come away with anything less than 9 points in my view

Unfortunately I do not think we have a hope in hell of 9 points here, I will be surprised if we get 4.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fulham76

[/quote]

:plus one:

Anything less than 8-9 points from the next 4 games & that will almost certainly mean relegation. If we lose these games we're losing to the teams around us & we'll soon see a big gap open up.
We have another horrible run of games after these 4 as well.

LBNo11

...conversely how long before you post something positive? Jol's regime is what caused us to be in this situation, not Meulensteen, who any sane person will recognise the giant steps he has made to get this previously ramshackle team playing the football they were actually capable of doing.

I don't hear Meulensteen harp on with a litany of excuses. The fans are making their points of view based on our transformation, not making excuses.

But if you have an immediate solution please pass on your wealth of knowledge on how the club can do more than it is doing prior to the transfer window...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 22, 2013, 04:40:23 PM
...conversely how long before you post something positive? Jol's regime is what caused us to be in this situation, not Meulensteen, who any sane person will recognise the giant steps he has made to get this previously ramshackle team playing the football they were actually capable of doing.

I don't hear Meulensteen harp on with a litany of excuses. The fans are making their points of view based on our transformation, not making excuses.

But if you have an immediate solution please pass on your wealth of knowledge on how the club can do more than it is doing prior to the transfer window...

Get rid of Mackintosh, and possibly a few other 'hangyoners'?

Lighthouse

The fact is the club spent too long hanging onto Jol and now Rene has us playing positive attractive football. However if the club continue on this sustainability rubbish and not improve the squad in January then we will continue to struggle.

There are no excuses that need to be made because the damage has been done. The club must help the squad in January. If we don't the excuse is already there. Awful manager was allowed to hang on a year too long and the club must take the flack.

At least we are struggling but producing good football. May I remind every fan that these last few matches have seen us play the most attractive football since Hughes left. So no excuses needed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Our darkest moment in time.
6th December 2013 at 19.42.47"
Where there's a will there's a wife

RidgeRider

.....like a broken record....... fp.gif

:merry christmas:

One Martin Thomas

I am just getting over the fact that we are actually involved in matches again / competing / having a shot at goal.  Unlucky is more encouraging than Useless as we were under Jol.  We can't afford to let teams like Stoke get much further ahead (8 is enough) we need to beat Norwich.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: grandad on December 22, 2013, 04:54:58 PM

Embarrassed to say that I do not know what this is ... ?!!!

grandad

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 22, 2013, 05:03:25 PM

The date & time Meldew registered on this forum.
Where there's a will there's a wife

LBNo11

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 22, 2013, 04:43:42 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on December 22, 2013, 04:40:23 PM

Get rid of Mackintosh, and possibly a few other 'hangyoners'?

...and in the time we have left in the season how will that benefit the club?

1) Which individuals in particular do you classify as hangers-on?
2) In what respects has Macintosh failed in his duties?
3) Don't you think a change in CEO on a board of non-football executives at such a critical time, i.e. prior to a transfer window, where deals are already being explored, would lead to a knowledge vacuum and be a disaster for the club?

Please be realistic in your response...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ToodlesMcToot

I think they run out if we don't get 6 pts out of the next three. If Rene can't get these same types of performances and turn them into victories, then the luster will fade quickly.

I do believe there will be a wait and see approach from most until February 1 however.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Fulham76

Quote from: grandad on December 22, 2013, 05:05:20 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 22, 2013, 05:03:25 PM

The date & time Meldew registered on this forum.

Probably one of the very few ha ha fans

Burt

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 22, 2013, 04:14:02 PM

I agree with this.

If we are still in the bottom 3 after these fixtures then we will indeed be in big trouble... These are the sorts of teams we should be beating to stay up.

JackyFulham90

Norwich 1-2 Fulham
Hull 1-1 Fulham
Fulham 2-1 West Ham
Fulham 1-1 Sunderland

I guess we will get 8 from the next 4 possibly 10

Army Bloke

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 22, 2013, 05:39:05 PM
Norwich 1-2 Fulham
Hull 1-1 Fulham
Fulham 2-1 West Ham
Fulham 1-1 Sunderland