watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kasami thinker

Started by nose, December 28, 2013, 10:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

good video interview, speaks better than most english players.. also he thinks for himself...
I noted he was wearing B&W P5 headphones (the same as me so obviously he has taste!)... not the standard BEATS that all the follow the herd fashion seekers use.

For the non audio inclined... beats are bass heavy and geared to modern clubby, dancy music...as it is they distort the sound too much for me.

On the other hand

The B&Ws replicate the music fa more concisely yet have sufficient character that when you want to groove you can still crank up the volume and the bass punches through more distinctly. I am a lover of old fashioned reggae, blues, soul, R&B and similar so i like a good dance rhythm.

By the way many music players are volume limited so over ear speakers are less loud than in ear types. I use a FIIO amplifier to boost the sound, it is such a cheap, simple, small item that enhances the listening pleasure tremendously and does not detract.

Lastly a gift for all you soul brothers like me.

Phenomenal Woman - Ruthie Foster Live at Antone's

Craven Mad

It's funny you noticed the B&Ws too. Bad as it may be, it instantly raised my opinion of him. Nice to see a player bucking the trend of big, plastic BEATS..

I'd recommend the Meridian Explorer DAC to go with the P5s.

FFCJack

Beats give the payers the headphones and pay them everytime they are seen wearing them, the even purchase the video clips of the players doing so

nose

Meridian Explorer DAC, it's only problem is a whopping price but i am sure it is very good.
The FIIO admitedly may not have quite the edge but for a few pounds is a brilliant and small device to just enhance the volume a bit.

I spent ages in paris once (just after bradley won the tour, in sa hop comparing headphones and they had everything (pretty much) B&W P5 and bose (at about twice the price) stood out. I think there are a few others now as well that are in this quality but I still like the P5s best! whenever i am at an airport with a little time I still check all the headphones, it is sad to be such a geek!

nose

Quote from: FFCJack on December 28, 2013, 11:31:49 AM
Beats give the payers the headphones and pay them everytime they are seen wearing them, the even purchase the video clips of the players doing so
Quote from: FFCJack on December 28, 2013, 11:31:49 AM

They do, it is brilliant advertising! Actually my son has an old pair of beats solo's and they are better than the current equivalent model. the top of the range beats are OK but far from the best.

I was just pleased to see kasami with my favourite types.

Holders

Why do so many footballers have to wear headphones all the time? It looks so chavvy - don't they like to talk to each other?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

Soyle Inspiration SY- 7231 for me €8.95 from my local Chinese Emporium here in Spain. Look the part & are fantastic. The last 3 mins of Telegraph Road (Dire Straits) are mind blowing.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Danitar

I've got a pair of Bose headphones absolutely superb.

sunburywhite

Being an oldie can you boys please tell me what I should buy (on ear/over ear etc)

I am mainly a soul boy (Phylis Hyman/Anita etc) but also like my Kings of Leon, Goo Goo Dolls, Zeppelin and so on

I love the volume cranked up but the misses always say she can hear it the front room. What is best for keeping the sound "in"

I like the look of the Sunnheiser Momentum. Are they good and again on ear/over ear given the volume issue
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Wimbledon_White

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Craven Mad

sunburywhite

I am more Leathero than Pseudo
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Sorry in all the HULLabaloo about yesterday, I never got any advice on the earphones

Can my learned friends please advise

BigNigeBowds

I always feel sorry for people when i see them walk down the street wearing Beats, u are all mugs.

sennheiser hd-25 for me all day.

foooooootbaaaaaaall
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

Luffy86

Quote from: Danitar on December 28, 2013, 12:57:28 PM
I've got a pair of Bose headphones absolutely superb.

Can't beat them!! Excuse the pun!!

nose

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 29, 2013, 08:52:59 AM
Sorry in all the HULLabaloo about yesterday, I never got any advice on the earphones

Can my learned friends please advise

yes it is a matter of personal preference, but in-ear are louder. it wouldn't matter but most music players are volume limited so that is something to think about BUT what i like is over ear and these seem to me better quality but need an additional amplifier and i use a cheap one but is extremely good called FIIO around £20. Craven Mad uses a much more expensive amplifier but youneed to use the headphonnes alot to make it worth the extra.

If you like soul do check the video i have left at the top and let me know what you think. give it a good listen, i have seen this lady and she should really be a world superstar, she is amazing.

oldgit

As some of you like the blues and soul music. IF you live near to the Cottage and you could force yourself to put some money into the Russians pocket there is the 'under the (stamford) bridge' club. Some of the acts that I have seen include Taj Mahal, Bettye Lavette and the best showman was Neville Staple. You just need to keep your eyes open to catch them.

:Happy New Year:

nose

Quote from: oldgit on December 30, 2013, 05:46:37 PM
As some of you like the blues and soul music. IF you live near to the Cottage and you could force yourself to put some money into the Russians pocket there is the 'under the (stamford) bridge' club. Some of the acts that I have seen include Taj Mahal, Bettye Lavette and the best showman was Neville Staple. You just need to keep your eyes open to catch them.

:Happy New Year:

i have seen the blues brothers band and maceo parker there... it is a great venue and non football at all. there is a good car park ( a bit tight) but yet a great venue

missed tak and neville, how were they? they are both top draw stuff.