watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team news

Started by rusty shackleford, December 28, 2013, 02:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Weird line up, though I can understand why players were rested. Big big huge game for Ruiz. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go in January if he fails to impress today. Also big game for Rodallega. Would be nice to see David get on the pitch.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Danitar on December 28, 2013, 02:28:34 PM
Parker's out because he's on 4 yellow cards I he gets one more before the west ham game he will be suspended for it. I think taarabts just getting a rest

Makes sense. I think Sidders and Kara can do a good job to make up for this, plus Kasami will track back.

callumc513

Interesting team for sure!
At least René realises how useless Bent is, I sincerely hope we are able to send him back in January.

Riverside

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 28, 2013, 02:22:23 PM
Anyone else think that Berba's prolonged 'injury' is a classic stalling tactic for a transfer?

If so, I do hope we have a replacement lined up.

Yes . I think we have seen the last of Berba
I suspect Demps is his short term replacement - though I personally would have liked to see a front 3 of
Demps - A motivated Berb and -  Dejagah

fulhamben

Anyone else think that Berba's prolonged 'injury' is a classic stalling tactic for a transfer?

personally think that's exactly what it is, not long to find out either.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: callumc513 on December 28, 2013, 02:32:35 PM
At least René realises how useless Bent is, I sincerely hope we are able to send him back in January.
to be fair, we have never played with decent wingers when bent has played. might be different with the likes of ashcan and taarabt bursting in the box and laying the balls off
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Riverside

is this

Stockdale; Zverotic, Hughes, Amorebieta, Riise; Dejagah, Sidwell, Karagounis, Kasami; Ruiz; Rodallega

Or

Stockdale;
Zverotic, Hughes, Amorebieta, Riise;
Kara
Sidwell, Kasami;
Ruiz , Dejagah ;
Rodallega

Berbasilk_111

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: fulhamben on December 28, 2013, 02:33:40 PM

personally think that's exactly what it is, not long to find out either.

Could be a genuine injury, could be the fact that Rene' wants him fresh for both West Ham and Sunderland, could be that Fulham are keeping him out of the limelight leading up to the January transfer window. Me personally, I think we'll see Berbatov again.

Fulham 442

I would rather play Parker even if he is on four yellows.  He made the difference against Norwich, and of course, scored the winner.  Surely we need to put our best team out.  Hull are beatable but we need a leader in midfield.  I was confident before I saw the team sheet!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 02:25:17 PM
Rene' has been tickling Bruce's balls all week, in regards to how good he is as a manager. Maybe he just fancies giving him 3 points to finish off the compliments?

What you calling this time? Remember you being spot on for the last game? Nugget.

Riverside

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 28, 2013, 02:41:45 PM
I would rather play Parker even if he is on four yellows.  He made the difference against Norwich, and of course, scored the winner.  Surely we need to put our best team out.  Hull are beatable but we need a leader in midfield.  I was confident before I saw the team sheet!

We have a midfield leader in Kara .
Sadly though only for 60 mins
Boeteng should get his chance today

filham

Parker and Reither missing, this does not generate confidence.

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 28, 2013, 02:44:07 PM
Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 02:25:17 PM
Rene' has been tickling Bruce's balls all week, in regards to how good he is as a manager. Maybe he just fancies giving him 3 points to finish off the compliments?

What you calling this time? Remember you being spot on for the last game? Nugget.

Nugget? That's so Northern.

Lighthouse

Remember Parker took a knock late on against Norwich so may be hurt and in need of rest.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Riverside on December 28, 2013, 02:45:35 PM

That's a good point. What after that?
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Count Berbatov

Boateng I'd say is more of a Sidwell replacement
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 28, 2013, 02:51:26 PM
Quote from: Riverside on December 28, 2013, 02:45:35 PM

That's a good point. What after that?

The rest of the team pull together and earn their wages?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: callumc513 on December 28, 2013, 02:32:35 PM

Agreed. I must admit I was one of those who called for his permanent signing. How wrong I was.

General

A game before the January transfer window with a lot of players who may be looking for new jobs and other clubs, could turn out to be inspired... With the World Cup around the corner, every player has a point to prove and i reckon will be chomping at the bit to get a win in an important game for the club, but also for themselves. Will be interesting no doubt.