watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

THe jan transfer market

Started by samv10, December 29, 2013, 04:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samv10

We need to spend big to be honest, get the deadwood out of the club, buy young players who want to play for the club, its great having karagounis but he's as old as the club and can't play 90 minutes, there is no skill/creativity in central midfield, so that area needs strengthening. A centre half is needed desperately, we conceded 6 goals against Hull City, yes Hull City, possible players we could buy depending on whether Shahid is willing to invest are players like Kurt Zouma, Mangala, Williams, Ranocchia, Castan, just need Khan to fork out some Money for a quality centre half. A striker is needed massively, Berbs wants to leave, Bents poo, Rods got the touch of a brick wall, possible players, Ba maybe? Fred, Huntelaar would be fantastic, Kiebling? It really needs to be sorted out the squad is poo none of them want it, also a left back would be nice Khan

Danitar

Would anyone want to come to a club that's in the relegation zone and have just shipped 6 goals. I think not.

Robbie

Berbatov is already being linked to Chelsea as an emergency striker

Admin

Spending big doesn't alway guarantee you instant success, take QPR as a big, bold example. It's not just about buying good players, but also getting them to gel in time so that we pick up results. Unfortunately, we are in this situation and it needs sorting quickly, but the correct way to go about this January transfer window is to be clever. We can't afford to rip that side apart, and we can't afford to add to many new players, so it's all about getting the balance right. Bar the 6-0 defeat, Rene has got the team playing football now, so I think the sensible thing to do is add 2-3 shrewed buy, possibly some loans that have experience and can settle quickly. Our best bet is that we can limp through until the summer and then spend heavily on players.  

grandad

Íf the club act as usual all the work in possible additions would be under the radar.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SimpleTactics

stopped reading when i saw you linking us with Mangala who is said to cost around 20 million with clubs like United and Chelsea being linked. Why would he come to Fulham?

Admin

Quote from: Robbie on December 29, 2013, 04:26:49 PM

And Arsenal, and... and... He will do, he's a quality player and the media want to sell him on behalf of Fulham.

Part and parcel to Fulham's survival this year will be to keep hold of Berbatov, and I believe they will do all they can until the end of the season.

Berbatov is almost 33, has no International career to worry about, has earned his money and has freedom / 1st team football at Fulham.

I'd be very suprised if he doesn't honor his contract with us.  

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: samv10 on December 29, 2013, 04:19:59 PM
We need to spend big to be honest, get the deadwood out of the club, buy young players who want to play for the club, its great having karagounis but he's as old as the club and can't play 90 minutes, there is no skill/creativity in central midfield, so that area needs strengthening. A centre half is needed desperately, we conceded 6 goals against Hull City, yes Hull City, possible players we could buy depending on whether Shahid is willing to invest are players like Kurt Zouma, Mangala, Williams, Ranocchia, Castan, just need Khan to fork out some Money for a quality centre half. A striker is needed massively, Berbs wants to leave, Bents poo, Rods got the touch of a brick wall, possible players, Ba maybe? Fred, Huntelaar would be fantastic, Kiebling? It really needs to be sorted out the squad is poo none of them want it, also a left back would be nice Khan

Not sure we could attract the players you're mentioning but then again who saw us getting Ruiz (he was highly rated back then), Berba or Stekelenburg? A few years ago Amorebieta was strongly linked with Liverpool too and I recall seeing him against Man Utd in the Europa cup he was outstanding.

Think you're right about where we desperately need players though. I also feel we need a left winger and possibly left back.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Admin on December 29, 2013, 04:32:32 PM

And Arsenal, and... and... He will do, he's a quality player and the media want to sell him on behalf of Fulham.

Part and parcel to Fulham's survival this year will be to keep hold of Berbatov, and I believe they will do all they can until the end of the season.

Berbatov is almost 33, has no International career to worry about, has earned his money and has freedom / 1st team football at Fulham.

I'd actually be surprised if he did. I really like the guy but he has a big ego, he may be looking at Spurs or Chelsea and seeing they have obvious deficiencies up front and thinking maybe I can get a start there?

Denver Fulham

A center back and a skilled central mid are non-negotiable, must-buys in January. As early as possible. If we can tighten up the spine, the other stuff may be passable for the time being.

We could very much use a left winger and a left back, too, but that may have to wait until the summer.

We'll be OK at striker assuming Berba stays. We have Dempsey for two months, Taarabt can play in the false 9 role, etc. If we can cancel Bent's loan and get someone else in his spot, all the better. He's useless on this roster.

We also have to be mindful of the wage limits and what FFP allows the club to do in the short term. As constituted, it's almost certain we're right up against the primary wage cap.

RidgeRider

Quote from: The Moose on December 29, 2013, 04:40:52 PM
Quote from: Admin on December 29, 2013, 04:32:32 PM

I'd actually be surprised if he did. I really like the guy but he has a big ego, he may be looking at Spurs or Chelsea and seeing they have obvious deficiencies up front and thinking maybe I can get a start there?

Perhaps, but he 'plays' at Fulham, he would rotate at those clubs. I hope Rene convinces him to stay by convincing him of his commitment to bring in help to get Fulham playing good football on a consistent basis and moving up the table.

samv10

sorry if anyone misunderstood when I said Mangala ect, it means players like him, so a young/ good centre backs just an example of the sort of player

supersimmo123

I think a couple of additions, nothing too major. CM is a must, Parker needs a creative partner. CB is also high on the agenda. We need a leader someone like a Kompany, Lescott may be worth a shout. Striker is only needed if Berbs goes. We along with 10 other clubs will be looking for one so don't expect too much

andyk

Nobody seems to think the Goalkeeper needs replacing, but with Stockdale not nearly good enough and Stek very injury prone and a bit dodgy, why not go for Shay Given, currently playing on loan for Boro in the Championship but, apparently, available on a freebie in January.