watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loans only in January.

Started by Wimbledon_White, December 30, 2013, 11:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

west kowloon white

I would prefer to believe RM's quotes than a journalist filling column inches with,obviously,little research.
Love em or hate them action has been taken on the coaching side of things,Dempsey signed up-have no reason to damn Khan on a hunch or"not buying into him"??But bringing in quality easier said than done and wouldn't blame Khan for not paying silly money.

Classic94

I will judge Khan after January, not before.

Slaphead in Qatar

So far he has had one decision to make, replacing a poor manager. He has done this within a reasonable time frame. Lets wait until after jan to judge him, don't know where the times gets its info from. Do we honestly think that all clubs will reveal their transfer hand to the media in december?

west kowloon white

Jury out then,just thought mild vitriol somewhat premature.will be difficult whatever money is available,but will be impossible to please some.
The evidence is there for the optimist(I am positive re Wilkins rather than Phelan...is he assistant manager or just part time coach??..can't see anything on the official)
Expressing concerns whilst condemning the person without evidence is I suppose ...will say no more.

Cravenawin

Quote from: jarv on December 30, 2013, 12:04:06 PM
Rubbish assessment of Fulham whoever wrote this.
Much needed, midfield? They look fine recently, when the right players are out there. A whole new back 4 is needed. Goals against confirm this.

Spot on. Sort the defence out and I'm sure we'll be ok. That's where our priorities lie

Bill2

Quote from: Burt on December 30, 2013, 12:16:08 PM
According to this article, the budgets are as follows:
- Arsenal: £50m
- Aston Villa: £3m
- Cardiff: £10m
- Chelsea: £50m
- Crystal Palace: £8m
- Everton: £10m
- Fulham: loans only
- Hull: £3m
- Liverpool: £30m
- Man City: £50m
- Man U: £100m
- Newcastle: £20m
- Norwich: £5m
- Southampton: £20m
- Stoke: £10m
- Sunderland: £10m
- Swansea: £10m
- Tottenham: £30m
- WBA: £0
- WHU: £5m
I thought Tan told McKay there is no money to spend in the Jan window, so how comes Cardiff shows 10 mill. It is madness to say how much you are willing to spend as it gives the selling club a price to charge.

Justme

Khan, who paid an estimated $770 million to buy the Jaguars less than two years ago, says that the annual threat of demotion makes it cheaper to buy a Premier League club than to acquire an equivalent NFL franchise.
"The risk of relegation prices teams less than they would be in a closed league," he said. Chicago Tribune 15/08/13
"We certainly know the risks of relegation," said Mark Lamping to the Daily Mail, Khan's trusted right-hand man, president of the Jaguars and a director at Fulham. 'We've spent a lot of time talking about it, and it certainly makes everything more tense. It's not an option or a possibility anyone likes to think or talk about. Tribal football 14/10/13
Fulham owner Shahid Khan reckons his club need "paranoia" to avoid relegation and remain in the Premier League.
The American billionaire said of the Cottagers: "I think a little bit of paranoia comes with the Premier League because of relegation and promotion. Mirror 23/10/13
Obviously knows nothing about relegation and bought the club with his eyes closed :)

west kowloon white

Paranoia ,so he actually understands it 100 per cent actually.

Wimbledon_White

No one said he doesn't know we can get relegated. Or at least I certainly didn't say that.

I cast doubt on his intentions not his knowledge.

west kowloon white

TheManOnTheBus

Our loans last january (Enoh and Emanuelson) worked well enough (except for Jol's incompetencies). .....

west kowloon white

And his intentions are what and the evidence is what...the window isn't open yet and we have one possibly useful  addition.Don't say you have not said something,provide substantiation for something you have said.

Wimbledon_White

"Sustainability" - Khan's favourite word.
No purchases beyond the 'bargain basement' in the summer.
Stek=free
Amorebieta=free
Parker=£bargain basement
Boateng=free (and before Khan anyway so irrelevant)
Bent=loan
Taarabt=loan

So net spend thus far is negligible.
He endlessly talks about sustainability which, reading between the lines, means very little spending on players.

Added to this all the NFL Jacksonville bullsh1t we've had to endure both online and at matches (cheerleaders and their Mascot Jaguar thing) the signs might suggest that we.'re not his priority.

I'll never forget the email I got REMINDING me to go to the Cottage Cafe for a showing of the Jacksonville Jaguars love match at Wembley.

I may have no proper evidence but I genuinely believe I will be proved right in all of this. Khan is pulling the wool over our eyes.

Furby

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 02:52:49 PM
Stek=free
Amorebieta=free
Parker=£bargain basement
Bent=loan
Taarabt=loan

He endlessly talks about sustainability which, reading between the lines, means very little spending on players.

Added to this all the NFL Jacksonville bullsh1t we've had to endure both online and at matches (cheerleaders and their Mascot Jaguar thing) the signs might suggest that we.'re not his priority.

I'll never forget the email I got REMINDING me to go to the Cottage Cafe for a showing of the Jacksonville Jaguars love match at Wembley.

I may have no proper evidence but I genuinely believe I will be proved right in all of this. Khan is pulling the wool over our eyes.

And what of Khan's actions will prove you to be right? The fact he doesn't make a big name signing or something more substantial like ground sharing with the Fruit L'Hoops down the road? In what way can he pull the wool over our eyes?

Wimbledon_White

Okay fine - whatever. I have no right to be worried. How very dare I?
God forbid I criticise or show a lack of faith in our fearless Chairman.
All I am saying is that I am concerned his reasoning for buying FFC does not have the success of FFC at it's core.
How can this be proved? Well I would suggest letting us go down due to a lack of investment might be one sign.
So let's see how this all pans out.

I think this forum is full of a bunch of sheep! Blind sheep!

west kowloon white

Substainability referred to staying in the Premier League but has led to led to assumptions of frugality whilst not expecting mega priced signings.His summer spend way too early to pass judgement on as had little time at the the reins and would wager some of those salaries are from negligible.As for the Jaguars get mail reminding me of everything.
Fail to see why he would get involved and be pulling wool over eyes but cheerleaders at NFL matches really weird ......

Furby

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 03:09:48 PM
All I am saying is that I am concerned his reasoning for buying FFC does not have the success of FFC at it's core.
How can this be proved? Well I would suggest letting us go down due to a lack of investment might be one sign.

fcuk me this forum is full of a bunch of sheep! Blind sheep!

Hahaha. What, because we don't share your opinion? Yes we're all worried but a lot of us are not quite as pessimistic or Dr Dooms like yourself. You, I or possibly no one else on here knows his true reason for buying our club, but I believe it's to earn money out of it and enjoy watching us improve as a club under his ownership. If I'm wrong then that's my Baaaa'd.

watfordwhite

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 03:09:48 PM

fcuk me this forum is full of a bunch of sheep! Blind sheep!

The downside in your argument, is why invest $200m in a prem team to let them go down? What value would Fulham be then? Lower attendances less revenue in. Why would you not protect your investment? Besides a championship team will not get the US coverage that an EPL team will get. So will not help in promoting the Jag's in the UK and Fulham in the US.  051

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 02:52:49 PM
Stek=free
Amorebieta=free
Parker=£bargain basement
Bent=loan
Taarabt=loan

You maybe right ww. However it does not make sense for someone to buy a business and run it into the ground through lack of investment. Moustache is a businessman, he knows if we get relegated then the value of his investment will halve overnight.