https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loans only in January.

Started by Wimbledon_White, December 30, 2013, 11:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: jmh on December 30, 2013, 07:15:49 PM
Quote from: jarv on December 30, 2013, 12:04:06 PM
Rubbish assessment of Fulham whoever wrote this.
Much needed, midfield? They look fine recently, when the right players are out there. A whole new back 4 is needed. Goals against confirm this.
Remember when Hodgson was manager and Fulham conceded very few goals?  That was because the midfield helped out the defenders instead of running around all over the place and leaving the defenders exposed like the guys we have now.

Anyway, there's no basis for the original article's assertion that our budget is "loans only" so I wouldn't make too much of it.

Thank god that someone else realises that the defence isn't wholly to blame for leaking so many goals! This season our midfield have given away the ball almost as often as they given away free kicks!

Not to say the defence is blameless, but the midfield have created nothing going forward and offer no protection at the back either.

Just had to get that off my chest!

YankeeJim

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: bmasar on December 30, 2013, 08:18:33 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 07:00:18 PM
Quote from: bmasar on December 30, 2013, 06:49:17 PM
Quote from: supersimmo123 on December 30, 2013, 04:07:36 PM
For instance everyone was moaning we didn't just sign Bent, I think 99% of us agree now that we are glad we didn't shell out for him.

Very good point.

Two other notes: Zverotic was bought under Khan. Not expensive of course, but should be counted regardless. Also, NFL does twice the business as the next closest global pro league, the PL. So of course the Jaguars are the main area of his concern. Sad but true.

Source: http://www.askmen.com/sports/business_200/218b_sports_business.html

And is that acceptable for us?
Do we not want to be the priority to our owner?
Why are we making do?!

The point wasn't the amount spent on Zverotic. It's that you're misrepresenting your arguments with incorrect and omitted evidence.

We can be a priority of the owner without being the top and only priority. In layman's terms, it's called "a self-made billionaire being able to do more than one thing effectively". Your conspiracy theory is based on ZERO full transfer windows, a press report and a hunch. And then we, of course, become sheep.

We'll just have to wait and see won't we?
He talks a good game does Khan but he has shown nothing to make us think he will invest properly in playing staff; indeed even the backroom staff he has brought in are all out-of-work has beens.
I truly believe we're feeding off scraps, loans and cheap old players for the foreseeable future.
At least we'll be sustainable...in the Championship / League One.

Have you met Victor?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 30, 2013, 10:09:32 PM
For instance everyone was moaning we didn't just sign Bent, I think 99% of us agree now that we are glad we didn't shell out for him.

Very good point.

Two other notes: Zverotic was bought under Khan. Not expensive of course, but should be counted regardless. Also, NFL does twice the business as the next closest global pro league, the PL. So of course the Jaguars are the main area of his concern. Sad but true.

Why are we making do?!

The point wasn't the amount spent on Zverotic. It's that you're misrepresenting your arguments with incorrect and omitted evidence.

We can be a priority of the owner without being the top and only priority. In layman's terms, it's called "a self-made billionaire being able to do more than one thing effectively". Your conspiracy theory is based on ZERO full transfer windows, a press report and a hunch. And then we, of course, become sheep.

He talks a good game does Khan but he has shown nothing to make us think he will invest properly in playing staff; indeed even the backroom staff he has brought in are all out-of-work has beens.
I truly believe we're feeding off scraps, loans and cheap old players for the foreseeable future.

Have you met Victor?

Victor?

YankeeJim

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 10:11:49 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on December 30, 2013, 10:09:32 PM

Very good point.

Why are we making do?!

Have you met Victor?

Victor?

Victor Meldrew. He posts on here and is full of doom & gloom as well. Smile my friend. Life is good and Fulham will stay up.  :Happy New Year:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Wimbledon_White

So far all is as expected.

Dempsey aside there are no signings and seemingly nothing in the pipeline. All rumoured loans have been denied.

Don't worry though, we're being sustainable.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on January 13, 2014, 06:27:25 PM

Dempsey aside there are no signings and seemingly nothing in the pipeline. All rumoured loans have been denied.

I sure would like to hear Mr. Khan's thoughts about what on the field he is seeing that demonstrates PL sustainability.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 13, 2014, 06:32:09 PM

I sure would like to hear Mr. Khan's thoughts about what on the field he is seeing that demonstrates PL sustainability.
he isn't seeing anything though is he. he doesn't come often to games because lets be honest he hasn't bought us because he likes football. he has bought us for god only knows what, but playing good football and winning games isn't one of them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on January 13, 2014, 06:42:01 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 13, 2014, 06:32:09 PM

he isn't seeing anything though is he. he doesn't come often to games because lets be honest he hasn't bought us because he likes football. he has bought us for god only knows what, but playing good football and winning games isn't one of them

Well, he's not the businessman he's been purported to be if you're correct. Playing poor football and losing games is going to eliminate all his t.v. money. He certainly knows that.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Danitar

I don't think it's khans fault I think it's Ali macs fault he's the one that's been bluffing mo and khan that we can get away with loans and old players and yet we have huw Jennings, Steve wigley and kit symons trying there hardest getting these promising youngsters in. Ali Mac sort it out