watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anybody else as nervous as I am about tomorrow

Started by Berserker, December 31, 2013, 11:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

I'm having a real attack of the nerves about tomorrow, even thought about it last night when I should have been asleep. I'm I being a bit odd or is anybody else feeling like this?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Furby

I will be when the game kicks off. As this is a must win game. COYW

Burt

Yes...

We need to show that we have the mometum to stay up, rather than have the Hull result represent the beginning of the end...

Honestly, I do believe we can do it, if we show the spirit we showed in all the other games we have played since RM took over (apart from the Hull one), and despite it being against WHU, who have a pretty good record against us.

Artful Dodger

Yep, this is a big un.... I am trying to think that the Hull result may be a blessing in disguise as it may really give the whole squad a wake up call after a few good performances but not too many points. The Villa and Norwich results prove we can win games and this needs to be taken in to the next 2. Big Big games the next two....

Here's to a good start to the New Year.....and a good one to all FoFers :Happy New Year:
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Fulham76

Quote from: Berserker on December 31, 2013, 11:11:39 AM
I'm having a real attack of the nerves about tomorrow, even thought about it last night when I should have been asleep. I'm I being a bit odd or is anybody else feeling like this?

I don't get nervous at games. I do when I'm watching on tv though for some reason

Irelands_number1

Im absolutely BUZZING for tomorrow!  huge huge game! Really cant wait for it!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on December 31, 2013, 11:11:39 AM

Calm yourself. I might get edgy prior to kick off or close to meltdown when the team is announced but otherwise fairly calm at the moment. Of greater concern is the trip up. No trains of note, plenty of localised flooding and somehow I have ended up with the kids 106 runabout which has nothing going for it except a half decent radio. If I see you tomorrow I will be mostly deaf and not ignoring you.

actually aren't you north of the border at the mo? Get the big fella into his GP and get a regime started. Two of my colleagues have type 2 and you wouldn't know it.

Kent Cassandra

I've always thought of West Ham as our bogey team, so yes the excitement is being tainted by a touch of nervousness.  The West Ham branch of my extended family are showing signs of clinical depression so I hope we can take advantage of any lack of confidence in their camp.
COYW!!!

Thought the trains were running normally........must check
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

filham

Yes a real big six pointer that we can win but big Sam will be aware of all our defensive weaknesses so the game could go either way.
A shame that Dempsey and Hangeland will not be playing, this game could be the type of battle where they could make a big difference.

Berserker

Yes ScalleyD still up North until late Saturday. Living with Hearts supporters so they empathise with our plight
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Craven Mad

Yes, very nervous. I don't like that there's so much pressure; I'll be watching the game through the gaps in my fingers..

I would say though, that Sunderland have had many 'must wins', all lost, yet still aren't cut adrift too far. A draw, in particular, would not be a disaster - and could even see us climb out of the relegation zone. However, in this scenario, I'm sure that anything but a win would feel like the end of the world..

OdecaMynoT

I'm getting an extra large sofa to hide behind today and a few adult pampers in case it gets messy.

:Happy New Year:
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

fulhamben

got a bad feeling this will be another nail in the coffin. watched some of westham over xmas and they press high up and with tempo. something we can never deal with. another mini spanking on the cards if you ask me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

The butterflies are already fluttering. I will be listening to GJ & willing the lads to do a job. Every time there is a corner or set piece I will have my fists clenched in fear.
Where there's a will there's a wife

jarv

yes.

The tv nervousness, I get that too. I think the live atmosphere at the ground provides an ambiance which calms the nerves. A feelgood feeling. I will be watching here in Massachusetts. :Happy New Year:

Chesh

To be honest, I'm more excited than nervous - in anticipation of a reaction to the Hull debacle so recently. The fact that it was 6, and not 2 or 3, means the players have no alternative but to fly out the blocks.

The other thing is that if this was the last game of the season, with the loser going down, then that would render me as nervous as you describe. However, as there are 19 games left, despite what happens in the next 2 games, there is still time to escape, and so yes, very important, but do or die, no (for me, anyway).

:Happy New Year:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on December 31, 2013, 11:46:18 AM
I've always thought of West Ham as our bogey team, so yes the excitement is being tainted by a touch of nervousness.  The West Ham branch of my extended family are showing signs of clinical depression so I hope we can take advantage of any lack of confidence in their camp.
COYW!!!

Thought the trains were running normally........must check

Up your way they probably are on a sunday service. We have either no trains at all but a lousy bus replacement service due to flood repairs and scheduled engineering or quite simply no trains at all.

Holders

The good thing is that it wasn't Rene's A team that was beaten at Hull. He'll revert to basically that for this key game and will have seen the weaknesses at Hull - absence of Parker for instance. My concern is for Cole who always scores against us but if we play as we have been under Rene we should get 3 pts out of this.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

copthornemike

Nervous - yes, like I am for all matches until we are three goals to the good!
However think of the unabounded joy seeing Big Bad Sam slink off tomorrow after a good drubbing.

LordNelson

Is Dempsey eligible for tomorrow?  I thought he was but I've been seeing a few comments here & there that he's not. Anyone know definitively?
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"