https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Bent, you're a disgrace.

Started by simplyfulham, January 01, 2014, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

fulhamben

don't know why he didn't stick on dembele
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Count Berbatov

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Logicalman

I agree, Bent doesn't seem to cut it, I would rather have kept taraabt on, for all his faults, he ran like a dervisher today, and was always seeking possession, just someone we need up front.

Bassey the warrior

Hopefully we can pack him off soon and get someone else in.

Craven Mad

I was really keen for him to come on today, and thought he'd make a big difference, but I think I remember Bent from years gone by; he just doesn't add enough to the team. I'd like him to be shipped back, and replaced by a more useful loan during jan..

Deanothefulhamfan

Bent imo needs to go back to villa.... nowhere near the player he used to be

jarv

FPT

The one thing he can do, he couldn't do.

Even more disappointing is that Moussa Dembele probably would have finished that. I can't wait to get rid of him, hopefully Adel Taarabt stays though, he's really starting to look like the special player he can be.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 01, 2014, 05:14:17 PM
Bent imo needs to go back to villa.... nowhere near the player he used to be

:plus one:

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Logicalman on January 01, 2014, 05:03:44 PM
I agree, Bent doesn't seem to cut it, I would rather have kept taraabt on, for all his faults, he ran like a dervisher today, and was always seeking possession, just someone we need up front.

Taarabt seemed to be limping a bit. Thought he was carrying a knock and that was more the reason for the substitution.

A better pattern for substitution IMO would have been Kasami for Taarabt, keeping Berba up top where he needs to be. Then swap Dejagah for Duff.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Logicalman

Quote from: FPT on January 01, 2014, 05:21:53 PM
The one thing he can do, he couldn't do.

Even more disappointing is that Moussa Dembele probably would have finished that. I can't wait to get rid of him, hopefully Adel Taarabt stays though, he's really starting to look like the special player he can be.

Agreed, he just needs to know when to hold it, when to shoot and when to lay it off, too much reminding me of Ruiz with holding it too long.

jarv

I think this festive season we have seen the last of Bent and I hope Ruiz too. (If anyone will give 10 bob for him :005:)

Logicalman

Quote from: jarv on January 01, 2014, 05:28:33 PM
I think this festive season we have seen the last of Bent and I hope Ruiz too. (If anyone will give 10 bob for him :005:)
Perhaps we can return Bent and send Ruiz to villa on a loan and get Gabby A. in return on loan

somerset cockernee

Quote from: Logicalman on January 01, 2014, 05:30:05 PM
Quote from: jarv on January 01, 2014, 05:28:33 PM
Perhaps we can return Bent and send Ruiz to villa on a loan and get Gabby A. in return on loan

if we could send them both to Villa.....I'd be happy to get a decent tea lady in return

Holders

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 01, 2014, 05:24:47 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on January 01, 2014, 05:03:44 PM

Taarabt seemed to be limping a bit. Thought he was carrying a knock and that was more the reason for the substitution.

A better pattern for substitution IMO would have been Kasami for Taarabt, keeping Berba up top where he needs to be. Then swap Dejagah for Duff.

Agreed, Toodles. At least we have 10 days to get Taarabt fit before the next game of any consequence.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

EJL

He's terrible, not a disgrace.

René's decision to bring Bent on for Taarabt could have cost us the game. I see the logic: we were creating a ridiculous amount of chances and it took us a while to put a couple of them away. So he subbed on a 'poacher' to score a few goals... at the expense of the player who was creating all of the openings. Back to square one, no shape; more work for the defence as the two passengers up top aren't pressing from the front. It was always going to be incredibly difficult once Bent missed that one-on-one he's supposed to be good at finishing off.

I still love René... His passion was there for all of us to see at the end of the match.

Pluto

Thought he was a poor signing from the off. Seems like a really nice guy but I think he's past it I'm afraid.

RaySmith

I still think he might have something to offer if he gets more playing time.

Aaron

Quote from: RaySmith on January 01, 2014, 06:35:45 PM
I still think he might have something to offer if he gets more playing time.

If he'd finished off that one-on-one, maybe.

We don't really have the time to give an out of form and aging striker the chance to find his feet again though.