watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4 4 1 1 suits us best

Started by One Martin Thomas, January 02, 2014, 01:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One Martin Thomas

Very happy with three points.  Match aged me at the end but with what happened at Hull, you can understand the nervous last moments.  Quite liked our set up and when I saw WestHam's team I thought they were there for the taking (more worried about WestHam's bench than their starting 11 - thanks Sam).

There is obviously a problem in the middle of defence.  Cannot complain too much about Senderos as he has always been like that.  100% committed but not 100% focused.  Actually thought Amorebieta did quite well (he needs time to settle in and take his chance).  Stockdale did what he had to do, but the combination of the three is not Premiership standard.

Riether is looking good to me and I thought Riise did well until Downing came across to his side and started to expose him.  Riise also lost Nolan for could have been a match winning second for WestHam.

Parker was excellent.  Sidwell had a decent match and scored a nice header.  I feel these two play better on their own in midfield and that a third centre midfielder spoils it somewhat.

The two wingers (Duff and Richardson) did well enough but neither should survive a post-season clear out.  Kasami is not a winger and putting him here on the right does not work.  Kaca needs a bit of confidence to take players on and has youth on his side.

Taarabt is gaining confidence with every match and should continue to start.  Whether we keep him or not depends on who Rene signs.  I would be happy to keep him but not devastated to lose him.  Berba was Berba.

In conclusion (for me):

Dempsey should start as the 1 behind the striker in the 4, 4, 1, 1 formation and with a new leftback, I'd put Taarabt on the left wing.

A new centre back is a must, but I would not sign two as this may have a negative impact.

Stekelenburg is better than Stockdale and should start when fit.  Stekelenburg needs time to settle in a new country / league like a lot of other foreign keepers: Lloris, De Gea etc...

Parker deserves OBE....

Sidwell is good, but there are better midfielders out there if the money is available.  Should Parker or Sidwell get injured we cannot rely on Karagounis and Kasami to fill a disciplined centre midfield role.

Right wing to me is Dejagah's.

Berba ?  Who knows what he'll do.  If he stays, he plays (has to).  If he goes, we cannot rely on Bent, so we'll need a striker.  I do however feel that Dempsey would be perfect behind Dembele to bring him on a bit !

I think Rene and Ray will develop nicely.  I also believe Curbishley will have a good impact throughout the club as I assume his role as technical director will be for all teams and not just the first team.

COYW & COK (Come on Khan) show us the money.

General

Saying that just as the jan transfer window opens... And Dempsey joins.. May make this post obsolete very quickly.. Haha... That said though, happy new year!