watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

sidwell - another important goal

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 02, 2014, 04:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

He divides this board. But i will say for him thats 3 goals now he has got at key moments for us this season - v palace, villa and west ham.

RaySmith

He is one of our best players, and was last season too.

sunburywhite

He seems to have cut out the RED Mist that he got last year

He hasn't even been booked many times and that is what has made the difference
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Holders

He plays well with Parker, that's what matters. Sometimes a team is greater than the sum of the parts which is what we didn't see under Jol.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

res

4 goals now for Sidwell, not 3...he also got our goal in the 1-1 home draw against WBA. Still doubt his Premiership quality when he's playing as a 2 man central midfield, but as part of a 3 man formation he's OK, with his knack of scoring a goal every now and then...often point gaining goals

Burt

Agree.

There is no doubting his commitment, drive, energy and passion to win.

And he is looking good with Parker in the middle, a good relationship is starting to emerge.

Jack Fulham

Got to agree. The Sidwell and Parker partnership is starting to look at lot better. They were perfect for a scrappy game like West Ham. Sidwell got quite a good record goals wise for us now.

epsomraver

Quote from: res on January 02, 2014, 08:59:56 AM
4 goals now for Sidwell, not 3...he also got our goal in the 1-1 home draw against WBA. Still doubt his Premiership quality when he's playing as a 2 man central midfield, but as part of a 3 man formation he's OK, with his knack of scoring a goal every now and then...often point gaining goals

still doubt he is prem quality playing as a two man midfield? How can that make sense? 4 goals , plays his heart out but when he is only two in the middle he is not prem quality ??? The tactics might not be but how does that change a players ability fp.gif

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on January 02, 2014, 10:32:55 AM
Quote from: res on January 02, 2014, 08:59:56 AM

still doubt he is prem quality playing as a two man midfield? How can that make sense? 4 goals , plays his heart out but when he is only two in the middle he is not prem quality ??? The tactics might not be but how does that change a players ability fp.gif

I understand his meaning in terms of Prem quality. It's his lack of passing range that lets him down but you can't dispute the current fact, hes running his nuts off and scoring goals so definitly adding to the team. For far too long, our style and tactics/formation haven't suited Sidwell (under Jol) so he's looked like a grinder but clearly hes upping his game. Always been critical of Sidwell but the boys doing good and in a decent squad is a great squad player next to Parker.

Max Headroom

As well as this board he divides me!!!!! I acknowledge his effort and his goals but his passing let's him down. All credit to him though as he tries his guts out and is doing well right now

Berserker

I always feel Sidwell is a red card waiting to happen, not so much this season though. I do like his passion though, and obviously his goals. Also I like the way he embraces his hair colour to match his passionate nature and doesn't keep dying it and re-styling it like Riise. Sidwell, the spirit of the firey dragon. ( sorry got a bit carrird away there hobbites)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SimpleTactics

Quote from: Max Headroom on January 02, 2014, 10:50:16 AM
As well as this board he divides me!!!!! I acknowledge his effort and his goals but his passing let's him down. All credit to him though as he tries his guts out and is doing well right now

I agree, for every good game has has I feel he has two bad ones. I give him credit for being a fighter and popping up with some goals however.

sipwell

I was not a big fan of Sidwell (and even less so after his red card saga last season) but he has proven me wrong. He has been instrumental in Fulham's victories and should get credit for it.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

epsomraver

Quote from: SimpleTactics on January 02, 2014, 12:16:37 PM

I agree, for every good game has has I feel he has two bad ones. I give him credit for being a fighter and popping up with some goals however.

What nonsense!

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on January 02, 2014, 01:27:08 PM
Quote from: SimpleTactics on January 02, 2014, 12:16:37 PM

What nonsense!

I wouldn't say bad games but irrelevent games. He always turns up, runs his socks off and puts a boot in. Some games (without the goals) he just offers so little.

jmh

He chips in with important goals, but he's also part of the midfield that gives our defense so little support and is therefore also part of the problem.  Not the ONLY problem, but part of it.

Matt Inglis

There's only one Emma's burger stand.

KP_FFC

i wasn't a big fan of him before but under rene i think he's been amazing

ToodlesMcToot

great player for the club and fights for us. I'm happy he's on our side.

both he and Parker are being asked to do too much IMO, given the shambles that our defense has been.

both central defense and central midfield need addressing in this window. we need signings who are immediate threats to starting positions.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Denver Fulham

Sidwell plays honorably. He's just limited, and his weaknesses hurt us as much as his effort/strengths are appealing. The Parker/Sidwell combo's lack of passing range is a sizable part of our issues. Under Jol, they were also asked to do an absurd amount of running, too, which was unfair to them (and the team).

Rene's sorted this out, mostly. With our current personnel, we're better with three DMs unless we're playing a side like West Ham that doesn't bother playing the ball through the midfield. If we invest in a more skilled player that is better than Parker and complements him, you won't miss Sidwell all that much. He shouldn't be an every-match starter for a decent Prem side.