more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dan Burn Recalled

Started by ross_bamping, January 02, 2014, 02:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Let's dream a little.
Hangeland recovers and is quickly reinstated into the Fulham back  four where he immediatley finds his old form and strikes up a firm understanding with young Burns which galvanises the defence to make it one of the meanest in the premiership.

Possible??

alfie

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 02, 2014, 02:50:22 PM
YES!!! This is like a new signing!

I've been praying this'd happen for weeks. Lets see how he does against Norwich.

Wow you have picked the team already.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Luffy86

Get in there!! Thought it might happen!!

rusty shackleford

Burn has to play against Norwich.

Theyre premier league opposition, itll show whether he can hang with the teams we will be playing week in week out. It he flops and we are beat then so be it, if he's a revelation then he can be played in the first team

MOR :

Quote from: filham on January 02, 2014, 04:10:23 PM
Let's dream a little.
Hangeland recovers and is quickly reinstated into the Fulham back  four where he immediatley finds his old form and strikes up a firm understanding with young Burns which galvanises the defence to make it one of the meanest in the premiership.

Possible??

Love this to happen...I just hope Dan Burn has a cracking game if he plays against Norwich...

Jamie88

Really really happy about this.

He cannot do any worse than Senderos or Amorebieta or Hughes, plus he is young and will want to impress as he is yet to play in the Premier League. Pretty sure he will be playing Saturday, as others have said, would be pointless to recall him if not.

hovewhite

Get him in v norwich sat along with dembele and see what they can do.

Walsh

I think it was nice of us waiting for the transfer window to open so that Birmingham could get a replacement, I know they're struggling for centre backs.

K33NY

Quote from: hovewhite on January 02, 2014, 06:00:08 PM
Get him in v norwich sat along with dembele and see what they can do.

dont forget chris david he said he wants first team playing time, this is allso hes chance to prove himself

MasterHaynes

Makes sense to understand what you have before going out and looking at replacements. I think he will do well and may well surprise a few people. He has scored a number of goals, its a long time since a Centre Half has scored for us, it would be Roy of the rovers story if he plays on Saturday and scores on his debut. It will also encourage the other rising stars in the U18 & U21 that their future development would be better served by committing to FFC.

YoungsBitter

This is a really smart move. Burn is 22 soon and has spent last two seasons on loan. The window is now open and we have a terrible defense so instead of blindly going out into the market we check Burn out including Premiership competition at Norwich. If RM and the other 2 stooges agree he can be in the mix we need to sign only one CB. Hangeland is back in training as of today, running and doing off ball work. Hughes, sadly as he has been a great servant, is no longer up to the challenge as was shown at Hull, too short, too slow. Senderos is also out of contract this summer although arguably I would keep him over Amorbieta who flatters to deceive, he has a good pass on him but not convinced about his tackling, heading ( other than straight up in the air, he has that nailed) or positional stuff. So would welcome Burn playing this weekend, lets see what he can do.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Nero

Come on this is fulham we will have recalled him to sell for an undisclosed sum to a championship team

RoyTund

Quote from: Rupert on January 02, 2014, 03:55:18 PM
Interesting reading some comments from their fans, seems he is a bit of a marmite figure there, some love him, others hate him. He might need to ask Senderos how to deal with the detractors if he does get games with us.
Most agree they will miss him.

Best one was "he could be sent back on loan to us at the end of january so by the time he has turned around it will be April" - lets hope he steps up eh.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: RoyTund on January 02, 2014, 09:36:23 PM
Quote from: Rupert on January 02, 2014, 03:55:18 PM
Interesting reading some comments from their fans, seems he is a bit of a marmite figure there, some love him, others hate him. He might need to ask Senderos how to deal with the detractors if he does get games with us.
Most agree they will miss him.

Best one was "he could be sent back on loan to us at the end of january so by the time he has turned around it will be April" - lets hope he steps up eh.

Yet talk to Yeovil fans, some of them thought he was the next Bobby Moore
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

elgreenio

more from a Brum fan :

Great in the air, but really suspect with the ball at his feet. Went through a patch of 3 or 4 games where he'd make a dreadful mistake in each and the other team would score.

Sad to see him go back but, to be honest, he was barely cutting in the Championship so I'm surprised Fulham have brought him back.
touch my camera through the fence

rusty shackleford

Quote from: elgreenio on January 03, 2014, 02:36:01 PM
more from a Brum fan :

Great in the air, but really suspect with the ball at his feet. Went through a patch of 3 or 4 games where he'd make a dreadful mistake in each and the other team would score.

Sad to see him go back but, to be honest, he was barely cutting in the Championship so I'm surprised Fulham have brought him back.

That same type of quote could be also given to say, Hangeland, during certain periods of his career.

Every player will have their supporters and detractors.

Even on here Senderos is a rock one week and a donkey the next.

TheManOnTheBus

But you can't judge a player by what the fans say.  Watch what many Fulham fans on hear say about Senderos for example (let alone Ruiz).  

Craven Mad

Quote from: elgreenio on January 03, 2014, 02:36:01 PM
more from a Brum fan :

Always useful to get opinions from other fan sites, thanks for finding it.

Nonetheless, I seem to remember Kaca struggling at Burnley last season, barely even making the team, and yet he came back and made a big impact. Hopefully Dan can do the same, now's a great chance.

Barrie

Well, given that we seem happy to play Senderos accepting he's good for at least one howler per game, Burn may well find that the fans cut him some slack for his inevitable mistakes.  At least he seems to be a quick learner, whereas I'm afraid Big Phil is unlikely to ever make the grade as a top quality defender.

Rupert

Quote from: Barrie on January 03, 2014, 03:46:22 PM
Well, given that we seem happy to play Senderos accepting he's good for at least one howler per game, Burn may well find that the fans cut him some slack for his inevitable mistakes.  At least he seems to be a quick learner, whereas I'm afraid Big Phil is unlikely to ever make the grade as a top quality defender.

More likely to cut his throat, I'm sorry to say. Some of our fans are very unforgiving.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.