watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dan Burn Recalled

Started by ross_bamping, January 02, 2014, 02:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross_bamping

BREAKING NEWS: Defender @DanBurn3 has been recalled by parent club @FulhamFC . Full story due on bcfc.com. #BCFC
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

elgreenio

must be making his debut this Saturday. Would be no point recalling somebody playing every week to sit in the development squad/on the bench
touch my camera through the fence

Rhys Lightning 63

GET IN THERE!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

The Rock

Defender Dan Burn has been recalled by parent club Fulham.The centre-half will return to London to help bolster the Cottagers' squad and allow Fulham head coach Rene Meulensteen to assess the 21-year-old.

Since arriving on a temporary basis during the summer, Burn has impressed at the heart of the Blues defence having made 28 appearances.

The towering stopper is yet to make his first-team debut for Fulham having joined the Barclays Premier League outfit from Darlington in 2011.

I like what I am seeing!

FFC1987

Rupert

I get the idea that the new broom is looking at all our assets and options before deciding on what to sweep away. I'd hope to see the lad get a game or two, then either settle into the matchday squad or go back on loan.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

KP_FFC

yesss, quality defender. hope he does great for us

Craven Mad

YES!!! This is like a new signing!

I've been praying this'd happen for weeks. Lets see how he does against Norwich.

Fulham76

Glad to hear this but does that mean we've picked up another injury to 1 of our other defenders?

FFC1987

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 02, 2014, 02:57:49 PM
Glad to hear this but does that mean we've picked up another injury to 1 of our other defenders?

Even if they have, have any of them played well enough that they'll be greatly missed?

BarryP

I hope this recall is strictly because of how well Dan Burn has performed during his loan stints and Rene thinks he has the potential to crack the starting eleven now. However, there is a part of me that wonders if this bodes ill for Brede's return in the near future and he is being recalled to provide roster depth? Either way I hope he hits the ground running and never looks back.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

K33NY

Good call, I bet many youths is used for cup match against Norwich, and even though results there arent to important, I will be watching that match with high interest of what the youths can bring!! COYW!!!

Jimmy Hill

Just had a look at Birmingham's Defensive record which has shipped 29 goals this season which is ok compared to the other teams around them. they also unbeaten in 10 games tough to beat? 

I think his recall spells the end for someone who though? could it be Hangerlands injury woes or is one of the other centre backs about to be told to back there bags.

leonffc

Although I stated in a previous thread about playing Amorebietta and Senderos vs Norwich to improve their partnership / communication, I would love to see Burn start on Sat

ToodlesMcToot

Fair enough. Likely B'ham knew about this beforehand and have been planning a replacement. We let him stay until they had the opportunity to get one.

Seems that this spells bad news for one of our current defenders. Either someone isn't cutting it or Brede's recovery time is going to be too long for us to suffer.

I'm glad Burn is getting a look. He's proven he's ready at every level he's been challenged with. I hope his abilities extend to this league. I'd imagine Rene is trying to determine if he has what he needs in defence before he goes spending.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Jimmy Hill

Does anyone know which side of the defence he prefers to play?

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on January 02, 2014, 03:25:40 PM
Does anyone know which side of the defence he prefers to play?

He's left footed so I imagine the left side. Pretty he sure he was on the left side when I saw him play for the U21's.

Deanothefulhamfan

Delighted with this news.... He has been a star performer for Birmingham this season

Rupert

Interesting reading some comments from their fans, seems he is a bit of a marmite figure there, some love him, others hate him. He might need to ask Senderos how to deal with the detractors if he does get games with us.
Most agree they will miss him.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Riverside

Quote from: Rupert on January 02, 2014, 03:55:18 PM
Interesting reading some comments from their fans, seems he is a bit of a marmite figure there, some love him, others hate him. He might need to ask Senderos how to deal with the detractors if he does get games with us.
Most agree they will miss him.

Sadly one of the real talents a footballer has to have is the ability to shut out abuse .
Football crowds are fans . Certainly not "supporters". Many do their best to undermine any confidence some players may have.
Performing in front of the Hammersmith end yesterday - and most of the season - for Senderos and Stockdale must have  been a real test of their "Teflon" .
I get a feeling they are happier away or at the Putney End .
I think Stockdale especially takes it personally .