watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We shouldn't sell Berbatov

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, January 02, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Berbatov

That's Berba's Facebook page? I couldn't check from my phone, but to post a picture of himself in an Arsenal shirt is very unlike him. Makes no sense. Especially some of the comments below. The dates posted etc... I don't have access to a computer but this might as well be some fan marking it really well
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Furby

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 03, 2014, 08:14:41 AM
That's Berba's Facebook page? I couldn't check from my phone, but to post a picture of himself in an Arsenal shirt is very unlike him. Makes no sense. Especially some of the comments below. The dates posted etc... I don't have access to a computer but this might as well be some fan marking it really well

He's actually pictured in a Fulham shirt count. BestofBrede's post seems to prove why this happened in the first place. Although I didn't think Facebook had that technology to post feeds of information that includes your own name!?!

Burt

Far too much smoke around this, and not enough "I have no intention of moving in January" noises coming from the Berbatov camp, for such a move to be on the cards, unfortunately.

RM is starting to get the best out of him, along with others in the team, and an in-form and motivated Berba is worth pulling out all the stops to keep.

MJG

He seems such a moody sod that if there is any indication he will throw his toys out the pram we should just take the 2M and get on with it.

JBH

The trouble with Face Book is that it is easy to place fake articles and also most of the people that actually use it are so gulible that they believe everything they see on there!

As Rene said "Don't believe any rumours on transfers just what is on the official Fulham website" which is good advice because as you all should know 90% of transfer rumours are untrue and the other 10% are only possible

Burt

SSN are replaying a direct quote just made by Arsene Wenger:

"Berbatov is a not a name we have considered at the moment"

JBH

On Sky Sports Transfer News

Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov has recently been linked with a move to Arsenal, but Arsene Wenger is not considering a January bid for the former Manchester United player.

Berserker

Whenever this sort of coverage happens there is usually some truth in it, eg Sparky and Dempsey. I would imagine Berbertov is very happy, and proud, to be linked to a club such as Arsenal and thus why he us putting it on his facebook page. I personally think it  a hole thing for him to do and makes me cross with him.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Craven Mad

I understand Berba wanting to go. But we will NEVER get better for £2m, particularly in January. Even taking into account his (rumoured) £60k/w wages, that's only £1.5m(ish), so gives us £3.5m to play with...

We'd be mad to let him walk away, regardless of the fact we'll lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

Berba just has to accept that being the talisman of a team has it's cost;

"with great power comes great responsibility..."

ltd-ffc

hahaha that bleacher report thing is awful they do have some BS articles
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Jack Fulham

Quote from: The Rock on January 02, 2014, 11:53:01 PM
I see Rhodes was 2nd top scorer in the Championship. I'd still take him. These other Championship strikers we have been too good for in the past like Lambert or Rodriguez aren't so bad. I bet Southampton stays up this year.

I wouldn't mind finding that hidden gem from the continent, but some are Dembele and some are Ruiz. Being a scout has to be a challenge.

But I'd like to keep Berbatov as well. He's a great footballer and Rene obv knows him from utd as well which has to add to the comfort and production level.

Rhodes reminds a bit of David Healy. Scores a lot of goals but he's not very strong and he's not very quick which is vital in the premierleague. Plus, we'd be looking at an 8 figure fee from the championship which is foolish considering the risk.

kevin

we will have Dempsey to hold the fort until March but then we would be stuffed
If we are bringing Burn back from Birmingham lets bring Trotta back from Brentford

Deanothefulhamfan

Trotta is back on the 5th unless they extend his deal, which looks highly likely

Craven Mad

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 03, 2014, 11:20:43 AM
Trotta is back on the 5th unless they extend his deal, which looks highly likely

Either they'll extend it, or we'll try and find him a place in a Championship team.

I'd like to see how he copes at the next level - much like we've done for Burn: from Yeovil (L1), to Brum (Champs), ready for us in the prem.

I still don't think he's ready for us yet. But there's no questioning his ability to find the net.

Danitar

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 03, 2014, 11:30:13 AM

Either they'll extend it, or we'll try and find him a place in a Championship team.

I still don't think he's ready for the Prem. But there's no questioning his ability to find the net.

I'd like to see how he copes at the next level - much like we've done for Burn: from Yeovil (L1), to Brum (Champs), ready for us in the prem.

It's a great way to get our youngsters experience just look at mesca doing the same thing and he scored for them recently. I would like to see dembele and maybe tankovic go out on loan and get experience then we'll see how good they really are.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Burt on January 03, 2014, 09:40:04 AM

Oh. Well then there you have it.
Let's put this to bed. He stays

He seemed happy to score. Let's hope it is a sign he's happy to stay.
I was worried because it was Arsenal, but less so now. He won't go for another team. Definitely not even Spurs
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Burt

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 03, 2014, 11:39:55 AM
Quote from: Burt on January 03, 2014, 09:40:04 AM

Oh. Well then there you have it.
Let's put this to bed. He stays

He seemed happy to score. Let's hope it is a sign he's happy to stay.
I was worried because it was Arsenal, but less so now. He won't go for another team. Definitely not even Spurs

Managers are not the most trustworthy of people, and it wouldn't be the first time that one has rejected a particular notion only for it to come to pass.

I share your sentiment though, it would be great to retain him.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Danitar on January 03, 2014, 11:37:47 AM

I still don't think he's ready for the Prem. But there's no questioning his ability to find the net.

It's a great way to get our youngsters experience just look at mesca doing the same thing and he scored for them recently. I would like to see dembele and maybe tankovic go out on loan and get experience then we'll see how good they really are.

Didn't Tankovic say something like; "Ibrahimovic wouldn't agree to go on loan, so why should I?"..

EDIT: just found the Tank interview:   

On the possibility of being loaned out to a Championship club:

"- Well, that depends on which club you are talking about. If it's just some farmers club from League One or Championship that are in bottom of the league then I would have to think about it. I usualøy think: "What would Zlatan (Ibrahimovic) do? Would he lower himself and join a club in Championship or League One?" do you understand? I set the bar high and I don't want to go out on loan. But if I had to go out on loan I would prefer to go abroad. If I had to stay in England, then Championship really isn't to bad."

Danitar

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 03, 2014, 11:58:03 AM

Didn't Tankovic say something like; "Ibrahimovic wouldn't agree to go on loan, so why should I?"..

"- Well, that depends on which club you are talking about. If it's just some farmers club from League One or Championship that are in bottom of the league then I would have to think about it. I usualøy think: "What would Zlatan (Ibrahimovic) do? Would he lower himself and join a club in Championship or League One?" do you understand? I set the bar high and I don't want to go out on loan. But if I had to go out on loan I would prefer to go abroad. If I had to stay in England, then Championship really isn't to bad."

If I was Rene I would say until your as good as zlatan, you can go out on loan and earn a place in the team. Cheeky so and so

Craven Mad

Quote from: Danitar on January 03, 2014, 03:17:39 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on January 03, 2014, 11:58:03 AM

If I was Rene I would say until your as good as zlatan, you can go out on loan and earn a place in the team. Cheeky so and so

Compare the difference in attitude between Tank and Kasami - who self-funded his loan (effectively by earning 50% wages for the duration) to a tiny team in the Swiss League, just to build match time and develop as a player...

Utmost respect for our Swiss star. I hope Tank's self-belief is well placed, like Zlatan's, and isn't like the similarly confident (yet delusional) Bendtner..