more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We shouldn't sell Berbatov

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, January 02, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Unless WE KNOW, that there is another striker lined up

If we sell him and THEN have to scrounge around for a striker to replace him, we will be in trouble.

That is if all this Berbatov nonsense proves to be true
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Holders

There's no chance we'll let him go without a more than adequate replacement being in place.

Better to keep him to the end of the season even if it means missing out on a fee.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FPT

What's £2m? Nothing in footballing terms.

Wasn't one of the reasons he joined Fulham is for a more relaxed atmosphere in terms of results? Obviously, it's different this year, but he didn't want the stress of challenging for titles.

Also, when he scored vs. Spurs last season, he didn't celebrate, showing respect for his former club. Is there not a possibility that he wouldn't join Arsenal out of respect of his former club?

Personally, I don't think he wants to leave. I believe, based on theory, that quotes from his agent were simply financial; his agent gets more cash for a player in one of Europe's top league, if he makes a press release, it tempts teams.

JackyFulham90

If Arsenal really want him I think he will go & who could blame him, I also don't think he is desperate to leave us I'm  Sure he is happy to stay until the summer

Lighthouse

We need a striker anyway and believe we will have one soon. However the fact is that Berbatov seemed to come here because of Jol and liked him. He may well be happy still but frankly I don't care if he goes a we really need a more efficient player than he has become. One clever trick every three games doesn't cut it in a side fighting to stay in the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Rock

I see Rhodes was 2nd top scorer in the Championship. I'd still take him. These other Championship strikers we have been too good for in the past like Lambert or Rodriguez aren't so bad. I bet Southampton stays up this year.

I wouldn't mind finding that hidden gem from the continent, but some are Dembele and some are Ruiz. Being a scout has to be a challenge.

But I'd like to keep Berbatov as well. He's a great footballer and Rene obv knows him from utd as well which has to add to the comfort and production level.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2014, 11:42:08 PM
We need a striker anyway and believe we will have one soon. However the fact is that Berbatov seemed to come here because of Jol and liked him. He may well be happy still but frankly I don't care if he goes a we really need a more efficient player than he has become. One clever trick every three games doesn't cut it in a side fighting to stay in the Prem.

One clever trick every three games probably sees us to safety. Berba doesn't have to have 18 good matches for us. He has to have 5-6 impactful ones that we win.

I don't see why you'd sell him for 2m (unless getting his wages off the books enables multiple buys in this window), and I don't see why he wouldn't want all his options open over the summer.

Count Berbatov

If Arsenal don't end up getting him in Jan, they won't bother in the summer. They'll bid big on Suarez or whatever...
If Arsenal don't really want him, then I can't see him go anywhere else 
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Walsh

I think we should gamble and go for a swap with Bendtner, he doesn't want to be there and Berbatov doesn't want to be here.

JBH

Quote from: Walsh on January 03, 2014, 01:26:10 AM
I think we should gamble and go for a swap with Bendtner, he doesn't want to be there and Berbatov doesn't want to be here.

No point he is injured and could be out for 4 weeks so wouldn't even pass the medical :028:

farfouille

"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Deanothefulhamfan

Berbatov is massive for us in terms of staying up.

If you had asked me 5 weeks ago would you take 2million for Berbatov, I would have bit your arm off as he was disinterested and truly shocking as a result... Under RM he seems like the berba of last season, Villa and West ham in particular.... we need to keep him

Furby

If a player puts a message as blatant as Berbatov has done on his Facebook page, then we should sell him. Thank him for his goals and wish him well. Get someone in who wants to play for us, not just because they have to.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: Furby on January 03, 2014, 06:48:03 AM
If a player puts a message as blatant as Berbatov has done on his Facebook page, then we should sell him. Thank him for his goals and wish him well. Get someone in who wants to play for us, not just because they have to.

what did he put?

Furby

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 03, 2014, 06:55:07 AM
Quote from: Furby on January 03, 2014, 06:48:03 AM

what did he put?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1909113-photo-dimitar-berbatov-facebook-photo-hints-at-arsenal-move

David Allen Crankshaw

If Berbatov wants to leave then we should get rid of him quick especially after the item on his facebook page.
Clint Dempsey could play as a deep lying No. 9 and do a lot more running about than Berbatov. We would also save quite a considerable amount of money on his wages and I'm quite sure the club will have a replacement in mind anyway.

JBH

Bleachersreport again stirring it up like they did when they linked Dempsey to Liverpool!!

MJG

Quote from: JBH on January 03, 2014, 07:43:29 AM
Bleachersreport again stirring it up like they did when they linked Dempsey to Liverpool!!
Which turned out to be a pretty sport on article in retrospect

Furby

Quote from: JBH on January 03, 2014, 07:43:29 AM

If Berbatov didn't post it on Facebook in the first place no one would be able to stir anything anyway. So they've just repeated it like a hundred others have.

BestOfBrede

If you scroll down it has a post:

"Not to ruin the Berbatov furor but it transpires that the Facebook post was a result of Berba's official page taking an automatic feed from website sports.net, which was running a story about a possible £2 million move to Arsenal for the Bulgarian. Oh technology."
-ESPN

"Sorry my fellow gooners we'll have to wait a bit longer"

I would take this bleachercrap with a pinch of salt.

Obviously I could be wrong - only time will tell, but Berba seemed extremely happy to score against West Ham and hasn't looked unhappy since Jol left.