watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

question (well 2 really)

Started by somerset cockernee, January 03, 2014, 07:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Tony Macedo was from Gibralter. Does that count?

Ged

Charlie Mitten who played with Jonny Haynes was born in Burma and was half Colombian
Played for Fulham 1951 _1955.  Was nicknamed the Bogota Bandit

Holders

The 1975 cup final is historic for having the last team of all-English players (WHU) whereas Fulham had Jimmy Conway (Irish).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Skatzoffc

Quote from: K33NY on January 03, 2014, 08:53:52 PM
Quote from: Holders on January 03, 2014, 08:50:42 PM
When we shared with QPR at their ground, Loftus Road. The home end is called the Loft. It's a dump and Loftadrome is a Fulhamish ironic self-defecating joke on it. It makes it sound grand when it's a sh1tpit.

Ah thanks :) Cant even imagine how it must have been sharing grounds with them, I know we did so, but this was just in my time getting to know and learn about Fulham, but it must have been a terrible feeling, going to theire ground to watch our lads play...

Awful dump in the middle of a housing estate.

Best thing I remember about it tho was when Savage was playing for the opposition. He got so much abuse it was hysterical.
At one point I remember he turned and complained to the ref that one of our fans wouldn't give him the ball back for a throw in. But when he turned back, the fan had thrown the ball at his head with such force it practically ran off of the pitch on the other side. Good job he dodged or it would have knocked him out!
Lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

K33NY

Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 06:44:29 AM
Quote from: K33NY on January 03, 2014, 11:44:12 PM
Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on January 03, 2014, 10:54:24 PM
Quote from: K33NY on January 03, 2014, 08:53:52 PM
Quote from: Holders on January 03, 2014, 08:50:42 PM
When we shared with QPR at their ground, Loftus Road. The home end is called the Loft. It's a dump and Loftadrome is a Fulhamish ironic self-defecating joke on it. It makes it sound grand when it's a sh1tpit.

Ah thanks :) Cant even imagine how it must have been sharing grounds with them, I know we did so, but this was just in my time getting to know and learn about Fulham, but it must have been a terrible feeling, going to theire ground to watch our lads play...

want to move to London as well but I know a couple of people in England, saying I shouldnt cus London is a bad place now etc? :S

London is still a great place. It just depends where you live!!
You can live just outside as the transport links are great.
If you are a chef then just chose a decent hotel / restaurant. London is expensive so try and chose a hotel to work in where they offer a room

Not a chef anymore, didnt like the stress and founf out its just a passionate hobby of mine :) If I move to England its with my girlfriend, where in London would you suggest?