watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

question (well 2 really)

Started by somerset cockernee, January 03, 2014, 07:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somerset cockernee

who was our first overseas signing and have we ever fielded a side with no British players ?

TonyGilroy

somerset cockernee

somerset cockernee

Mike the White

I know we were the 1st prem side to field 11 players each a different nationality.  We did at one time hang flags out for all the nationalities in the team

Alan

Quote from: Mike the White on January 03, 2014, 08:08:27 PM
I know we were the 1st prem side to field 11 players each a different nationality.  We did at one time hang flags out for all the nationalities in the team

I think you may be thinking of the League Cup game against Bury at The Loftadome...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

K33NY

Quote from: Alan on January 03, 2014, 08:22:04 PM

I think you may be thinking of the League Cup game against Bury at The Loftadome...

this may be a stupid question..... The Loftadome? :S first time I heard of something like that.

Holders

When we shared with QPR at their ground, Loftus Road. The home end is called the Loft. It's a dump and Loftadrome is a Fulhamish ironic self-defecating joke on it. It makes it sound grand when it's a sh1tpit.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

K33NY

Quote from: Holders on January 03, 2014, 08:50:42 PM
When we shared with QPR at their ground, Loftus Road. The home end is called the Loft. It's a dump and Loftadrome is a Fulhamish ironic self-defecating joke on it. It makes it sound grand when it's a sh1tpit.

Ah thanks :) Cant even imagine how it must have been sharing grounds with them, I know we did so, but this was just in my time getting to know and learn about Fulham, but it must have been a terrible feeling, going to theire ground to watch our lads play...

Holders

I can remember away games there in the days before seating. There were some great atmospheres then, you could actually feel the stand moving.

The days of ground-sharing were dark days. We had to spend a deal of money on it to bring it up to acceptable standards!

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

LBNo11

...Hassan Hegazi. Egyptian Hassan only played one game for Fulham against Stockport County in our 3-1 win over them, in fact he scored on his debut/finale along with Coleman and Collins (no, not those ones).

The game was played 11/11/11, the 11th November 1911...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

God The Mechanic

Self-defecating jokes are crap!

Neil D

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 03, 2014, 09:12:35 PM
Pretty much like necrophilia - dead boring.

bucksfulham

Quote from: Neil D on January 03, 2014, 09:24:06 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 03, 2014, 09:12:35 PM
Pretty much like necrophilia - dead boring.
While incest is relatively boring.

Alan

Quote from: K33NY on January 03, 2014, 08:26:41 PM
Quote from: Alan on January 03, 2014, 08:22:04 PM

this may be a stupid question..... The Loftadome? :S first time I heard of something like that.

Nothing wrong with wanting to learn more about this glorious club of ours...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: K33NY on January 03, 2014, 08:53:52 PM

Ah thanks :) Cant even imagine how it must have been sharing grounds with them, I know we did so, but this was just in my time getting to know and learn about Fulham, but it must have been a terrible feeling, going to theire ground to watch our lads play...
You should worry, my first ever Fulham game was there. Fell in love with a club at another stadium
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

K33NY

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on January 03, 2014, 10:54:24 PM

You should worry, my first ever Fulham game was there. Fell in love with a club at another stadium

First time I saw Fulham on TV, I fell in love, I thought I was a fan of United before that but I realised quickly it wasnt United, it was Solskjær being there, I found out I am a fan him not that club, went to my dad one weekend, watched a match on TV, where a team in whitw playing in Championship, it was a great game and I told my dad, I like that club, he asked wich one? I said the white ones, allways been one team since then! ;)

Felt kinda embarrased I didnt know about, The Loftradome though :P but allways wanted to learn more, my dream for a long time was to become a chef, and while going to chef school I was even thinking about sending an application for job at Craven Cottage :P want to move to London as well but I know a couple of people in England, saying I shouldnt cus London is a bad place now etc? :S

Jamie88

I think that the first time (or only) that we had all 14 players involved in a match to not be British was at home to West Brom in 02/03. Won 3-0 and I seem to remember that Wome fella we had on loan slamming a free kick in

leonffc

Quote from: K33NY on January 03, 2014, 11:44:12 PM
Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on January 03, 2014, 10:54:24 PM

want to move to London as well but I know a couple of people in England, saying I shouldnt cus London is a bad place now etc? :S

London is still a great place. It just depends where you live!!
You can live just outside as the transport links are great.
If you are a chef then just chose a decent hotel / restaurant. London is expensive so try and chose a hotel to work in where they offer a room

TonyGilroy

Ken Hewkins was a South African goalkeeper who played for Fulham in the 1950s.

In more modern times our first overseas player was probably Andre Arendse another South African keeper and, like Hewkins, not a very good one.

The first high profile foreigner would have been Paul Peschisolido.