Transfer

Started by sunburywhite, January 06, 2014, 04:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

6 days into the window and we haven't signed anybody

Whats going on

Surely we would have had somebody tapped up by now

The hasn't been a lot of action from anybody else either. Why not
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Craven Mad

Admin

And we're off. No offense, but we get this every year, not you, the lack of activity etc..

I trust the club are looking in the right places, and I'm sure they're aware of what we require.

I'm going to trust, as always, that we will get our business done in time and under the radar.

fulhamben

Quote from: Admin on January 06, 2014, 04:46:49 PM
And we're off. No offense, but we get this every year, not you, the lack of activity etc..

I trust the club are looking in the right places, and I'm sure they're aware of what we require.

I'm going to trust, as always, that we will get our business done in time and under the radar.
we have needed a decent cm for years and the club (even though jol himself kept saying we needed one) have still failed to acquire one. now hopefully they back rene more than they did jol or it will be another disappointing window.  so yes the club will know what we require but whether or not they do anything about it is another matter. I for one am not holding my breath though as I would have died a few million times over if I had of done in the last 3 windows
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rupert

As Craven Mad says, Dempsey on loan.

You can not force players to sign on day one of the window, not unless you offer stupid money that nobody else would dream of matching, so most will keep their options open for a few weeks yet, to see what other suitors offer them.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Danitar

Riverside

This is not new
EVERY transfer window starts slow .
80% of the business done in the last week and much of that the last day .

We have signed 3 managers  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

K33NY

Money offered isnt allways good enough, with the new rule system about clubs only getting money for money fransfer from revenues, and player sold from club coming up, I think most clubs want as much as they can get for a player, even now. And its January window, releasing a player in January for a club isnt as easy as we may think, they might need replacement wich is hard for them again,

Lighthouse

The Jan transfer window only really starts today. Before that the hols and the Christmas break mean not everybody is where they should be. Anyway we have the usual 'we want to improve the squad' to 'we will not rush into anything'. So don't expect too much. Although more than ever this window will show if our new owner actually wants to put money into the playing side or if we will go down in the ship call Sustainability.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

There will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth before the window closes.

Plenty of time left though.

So don't get too wound up so soon in  :dft011:

psand22

Unfortunately, it takes time to get these deals done as the buying team wants to get a deal, while the selling team want to maximize the cash they can bring in.  Someone has to leak the offer price to see, if someone will create a bidding war.  All the while, the selling team needs to make sure they have cover for the player being sold.  So look for a flurry of deals on SSN on the 31st. 

JBH

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 06, 2014, 04:41:36 PM

Whats going on

Boring Predictable Yawn Yawn  094.gif

sunburywhite

quote author=JBH link=topic=35322.msg472698#msg472698 date=1389033119]

Whats going on

Boring Predictable Yawn Yawn  094.gif
[/quote]

I know, but it woke a few of you up  :hook: :dead horse:
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

JBH

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 06, 2014, 06:46:55 PM
quote author=JBH link=topic=35322.msg472698#msg472698 date=1389033119]

Whats going on

Boring Predictable Yawn Yawn  094.gif

I know, but it woke a few of you up  :hook: :dead horse:

Don't back pedal now  :Get Coat gif:
[/quote]

Berserker

Yep I've got several weeks to go yet to my melt down because of inactivity
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

JBH

Quote from: Berserker on January 06, 2014, 07:10:30 PM
Yep I've got several weeks to go yet to my melt down because of inactivity

Not long to wait player having medical in next 24hrs  :028:

farfouille

If we keep Berba and sell Ruiz, I would be more than happy with this transfer window.

Berba, because we need him.
Ruiz, because we don't. Besides, he's an international who deserves to play every week.

Of course, it would be great to buy a CB and a CM but January is not best moment to spend big and if we don't spend big, I prefer sticking with the current squad.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

rusty shackleford

davew

Looking at the amount of money spent (in total) the last few years in the January window it is unlikely that we (or most clubs) will be able to secure any top players on a long term contract, loan deals seem the only option!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on January 06, 2014, 08:36:05 PM
Looking at the amount of money spent (in total) the last few years in the January window it is unlikely that we (or most clubs) will be able to secure any top players on a long term contract, loan deals seem the only option!
? so it will be the same as our summer windiow then. very dissapointing
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.