watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Sunderland

Started by terryr, January 10, 2014, 01:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Sadly I cant make the game this weekend and have given my  season tickets away. From the looks of it despite their win against Man U Sunderland aren't too optimistic.
Stay well everyone.
COYW

049:gif

"For anyone whose sat there before, I bought a ticket today at the back of the stand next to the away fans, whats the usual home/away ratio? And will at least be able to stand up when (if) we score?"

" You won't have any bother at all mate, you could be anywhere in that end and its all ok "

"You'll be lucky if the team give you out to celebrate. "

"Soft knacker, it's fuckin Fulham not West Ham or Chelsea, you better be singing all game :) :)"

"I can honestly say that in my lifetime as a Sunderland fan that this is the best style of football i've seen us play. We haven't got it 100% right yet and may still be relegated but, and its a big but, if we can hang onto Gus I can only see better times ahead. The way we just played we will SMASH the Ruperts in London on Saturday
Got a strange feeling that Spurs may well be monitoring the situation come the end of the season though ? "

"Looks like it's coming together under him. General play is better than it has been since Bruce's good days.
To stay up we still only need 24 points from the last 18. Fulham is massive"

"If we lose at Fulham and Cardiff best west ham we are going to be at least 6 from safety. Very grim
We simply need to win "

"The only thing that is keeping my hopes alive is the fact 4 or 5 are shite with us. Frustrating thing is that we just can't capitalise on those teams when we play them. Once again with Fulham we really need 3 points to peg them back, a draw isn't a disaster if results go for us. A defeat I fear will just be another nail in the coffin. "

"They have us down BUT losing at Fulham.
If they get everything else right and we beat Fulham, we'll stay up.....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ls-Premier-League-relegation-predictions.html "

"seems fair to me
however they have us as getting beat off Fulham, Norwich AND Hull.... I can see us getting at least 2 points from that lot which would actually see us safe
not the worst prediction ive ever seen though, relatively realistic "

"If we get beat on Saturday its game over i reckon like "

"Could do with 6 points at least in the next 3 games - Fulham (a), Southampton (h), Stoke (h)
Anything less and things are looking very bleak considering our February fixtures"

" Colours in the Neutral End?
I presume this is ok? I realise there's not going to be any bother but I don't want a jobsworth steward not letting me in. "

"Neutral colours only I'm afraid "

"Beige or you're out"

"Now's the time to get back on track - they should be on a high after two cup wins and playing without home pressure. Still, a draw would be a good result. A win would be massive. "

"It would be typical of us to undo the hard work though :confused: keep judas out the game and we can win it :D "

"5th time at fulham always a good away day. "

" Me.
Can't wait, love Craven Cottage."

"Will be driving down Sat morning with son and wife, leaving around 6.45am, booked hotel near Wembley, park up there and then tube to Putney Bridge. I just hope the stereotypical Sunderland don't turn up and let us down! "

"We've had a great result at home to man u in the cup, half expecting us to love up away to Fulham. "

"Will we move off the bottom this weekend???"

"We've got form for choking hard following a meritorious victory. I'll not be holding my breath. "

"Can't see it unfortunately. Fulham 1-0 Sunderland is my bet :cry:"

" true sunderland fashion we will be turned over by a terrible team following a great result"

"Hope we finally give someone a good smashing this weekend to be honest. Fulham have too be prime candidate for that at the moment, but then, as everyone's been saying - this is Sunderland. "

" 0-0 I reckon. Seems a recurring theme, we beat a big team and get all excited about it, then nothing changes in our next league performance against a lower half team."

"We've had a great result at home to man u in the cup, half expecting us to love up away to Fulham. "

"Come on how many times have we been here where we can make a difference and come off the bottom? far to many, we just throw the opportunity away. The sooner they put that bid in for Rhodes the better. "

" We have failed to beat the worst West Ham team I've seen, Cardiff, Norwich and the kids at Villa in recent weeks, I admire your optimism, mine however has been knocked down, set alight and stamped on, I have none left. "

"Don't think Gus has got confidence into the team, apparent in the amount of time we spend passing backwards.
Keeping the ball is all well and good but having a central midfielder in between two centre halves to mess up shows how edgy things are.
We need to come out of the traps firing on all cylinders from now until the end of the season at home if we are to have any chance of staying in the mix.
The last thing we need is giving goals away like we did against Villa."

" Can we take our form to Craven Cottage?"

"No"

"Last 16 games: 7W, 4D, 5L +2 GD
Against top half opponents in that period: 6W, 0D, 3L +3 GD
Since last back-to-back losses: 4W, 3D, 1L +4 GD
Why not? "

"I'd  take a point now, but it would make the Southampton game a must win"

" I've been saying it since Poyet has come along, he's steadied the ship completely. If the season has started the day he arrived we'd be 13th now. Since he came in he's achieved a point a game"

" Southampton are a thousand times better than Fulham.
They're both must win games, again, but Fulham is more so.
I've noticed how, when a team beats someone away they quite often get beaten by the same team at home in the return fixture.
Here's hoping. "

"If by "form" you mean dominate possession, but don't score. Then aye, we can. "

" I've got more faith in us getting a result away against bottom half sides than I have at home.
At their place they will be expected to play for a win but at ours they know they just have to stay compact & we won't have a clue how to break them down so its an easy point at least & a fair chance of 3 if they can pinch a goal from a counter attack."

" Would be the best week of the season by miles if we do
Into the 4th round of the FA Cup
Taken the lead in the semi final of another
Potentially only 1 point from 17th "

JDH101

Thanks again Terry! Oh boy this is a massive game. It's all I have been able to think about since we beat West Ham. 3 points and no real shock results in the other games and we could see ourselves 5 points from the bottom 3. Massive! So pumped!

Slaphead in Qatar

At least they have nice things to say about our ground.

ltd-ffc

haha some of their comments are comical

we should win this fingers crossed they dont pinch the 3 pts like we did away against them
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Burt

Don't forget about the laws of Fulhamish.

On paper it should be 3 points to us.

But I'm not counting any eggs yet. We have to put more distance between us and them, and I hope RM have got the boys wound up for this. Put in the same sort of shift as we did against Villa and West Ham and we should be OK.

Northern Cottager

Some of them seem to be grounded and others, whilst at the bottom of the league, are calling us awful? How odd.

DukeTyrion

I think this match is a Cup Final.

If we win, we will carry some form and confidence towards a very difficult February and March fixture list. If we lose, we will have some uncertainty, as well as obviously not as many points.

So, come on you whites, let's take them down!