watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

bebrbatov

Started by nose, January 11, 2014, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

i am a massive berba fan BUT clearly he is far below his best at the moment, the chances he missed, his general touch are all far below the standard he should be achieving.
i think he may well be injured, i would prefer to play taarabat at the front again and give berba a game or two off to recouperate.
today we lack energy and spark and a less than 100% berba is a sad sight.

Baszab

Unbelievably I agree with you again - Berba was dreadful today (except for one good block in our own penalty area) - problem is we have NO DYNAMIC central forwards - none whatsoever

YankeeJim

This is ridiculous. Berba contributed less today than any other attacking player. He has no heart and is simply drawing a paycheck. Dropping him would be an improvement. Taking that dumb arse Taarabt aside and telling him he isn't the only player on the pitch might do wonders for the side. He hurts the team by running off and shooting from 35 yards out when he has passing options. He and Berba are not team players. Talented to be sure, but aside from highlight reels, they don't make the team better. The problem really isn't  them as much as it is poor tactics (why the devil wasn't Kasami & the Iranian first choice?) & a horrendous inability to defend. Why the opponent can put three players in the box before we can put too is beyond me.

Nose, hopefully we'll get an American defender in this window so you can put the blame where it belongs.  fp.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Pluto

Another player who turned in a spectacularly bad performance. If he'd scored that chance in the first ten minutes it could've all been so different.

Logicalman

Quote from: Pluto on January 11, 2014, 07:43:49 PM
Another player who turned in a spectacularly bad performance. If he'd scored that chance in the first ten minutes it could've all been so different.

If he'd TRY to score that time it might have been different! He didn't try and it set the scene for the rest of his game. I wouldn't single his performance out though, it was an all-round poor performance, though what that was down to, I couldn't hazard a guess.

Lighthouse

While other players seem poor Berba just seems not to try anymore. The sooner we see the back of this overrated slow and selfish player the better this club will be. Go for Gods sake and lets have somebody who bothers to turn up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SP

I'm sure Arsene Wenger would've been mightily impressed with his performance today. 

epsomraver

Quote from: nose on January 11, 2014, 06:54:30 PM
i am a massive berba fan BUT clearly he is far below his best at the moment, the chances he missed, his general touch are all far below the standard he should be achieving.
i think he may well be injured, i would prefer to play taarabat at the front again and give berba a game or two off to recouperate.
today we lack energy and spark and a less than 100% berba is a sad sight.

:plus one: two chances wasted in the first half, one could have been down to the sun however, but yes a poor prformance, almost as bad as deans.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 11, 2014, 08:47:37 PM
While other players seem poor Berba just seems not to try anymore. The sooner we see the back of this overrated slow and selfish player the better this club will be. Go for Gods sake and lets have somebody who bothers to turn up.
:plus one:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

David Allen Crankshaw

I would love to see Berbatov offloaded this January but I just can't imagine any team wanting to buy him. If we are stuck with him perhaps some time on the bench might be an idea and we could try somebody in his position that actually puts in some effort. There was once instance in the second half when we pressing at the Hammersmith End when he just barged a Sunderland player over the touchline thus giving away a pointless free kick.

Berserker

I think he'll go by his own volition after today.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

nose

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 11, 2014, 07:37:35 PM
This is ridiculous. Berba contributed less today than any other attacking player. He has no heart and is simply drawing a paycheck. Dropping him would be an improvement. Taking that dumb arse Taarabt aside and telling him he isn't the only player on the pitch might do wonders for the side. He hurts the team by running off and shooting from 35 yards out when he has passing options. He and Berba are not team players. Talented to be sure, but aside from highlight reels, they don't make the team better. The problem really isn't  them as much as it is poor tactics (why the devil wasn't Kasami & the Iranian first choice?) & a horrendous inability to defend. Why the opponent can put three players in the box before we can put too is beyond me.

Nose, hopefully we'll get an American defender in this window so you can put the blame where it belongs.  fp.gif

whilst i nearly agree with everything you say i am not sure i understand the last sentence.... however fixing the problem ain't that difficult.

when rene became manager (head coach) we playerd a 4 1 4 1 formation with two wide players and played with pace and real dynamism through the center of midfield.
team selection and a couple of very poor performances really killed that today and a very strange team selection too... i think rene has been interfered with.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

leonffc

So Berbatov contributed less than Dempsey? American blinkers working overdrive then!? Or does American tv edit stuff like N Korea?

Count Berbatov

Yes it was clearly Berba's fault you conceded 4 goals
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

leonffc

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 11, 2014, 10:05:52 PM
Yes it was clearly Berba's fault you conceded 4 goals

Exactly!! People were slating him but Parker, Dempsey, Amorebietta, Senderos and Mike Dean wee more to blame.

NogoodBoyo

On the bright side, Reither had a good game today.  How frustrating must it have been for him to put in some excellent early crosses for the uberlord Berba to miss the chances.  What a different game it would have been.
Nogood "chance is a fine line, isit" Boyo

leonffc

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on January 11, 2014, 10:53:39 PM
On the bright side, Reither had a good game today.  How frustrating must it have been for him to put in some excellent early crosses for the uberlord Berba to miss the chances.  What a different game it would have been.
Nogood "chance is a fine line, isit" Boyo
Riether puts in about 4/5 clear goal scoring opportunities a game. It's not just Berbatov that doesn't get on the end of them. We play 4231. A full back is shipping in crosses. That leaves 4 or 5 players to get on the end if them

Fulham_Surrey

I am not trying to defend Berbatov who had a bad afternoon, but it is impossible to win when you allow 4 goals at home.  Simple.  And I believe we attack better with Dejagah and Kaca on the wings.

Andy S

why do we pick on individuals and slaughter them? This was a poor team performance, Just as when we win it is not one man that wins it for us. It is not one man that loses it either