News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Muelensteen, Curbishley and Wilkins. Oh dear.

Started by win-dup, January 11, 2014, 09:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

Three sodding managers and they choose Berbatov and Taarabt to start and fatso Bent as a sub. Three of the most utterly useless players for a side in trouble. Come back Jol, all is forgiven.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

NogoodBoyo

win-dup - maybe the Felina Harlow Low-Rise g-string might help with your wind up problems.
Nogood "clearing the air, isit" Boyo

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Admin

I'm sorry, but he's got a point. Nothing has changed, nothing what so ever. We get dicked 4-1.. let me rephrase that..

4-1

At home to the bottom team and what excuses are we going to use now?

Absolute joke.

Lighthouse

What has changed is we actually look to shoot. What hasn't changed is when we pick a side with no pace. The comments before the game on the match thread were clear and it turned out that way. But Jol made us a side that didn't even try and score. We now are a side that still leaves huge gaps at the back. The players are the same but the overall play is better. But far fro good enough. Jol was partly the reason, along with lack of investment we deserve to go down.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

west kowloon white

A loss,the team needs strengthening...get real.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Curbishley and Wilkins are washed up muppets. Kahn and Macintosh went overboard.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 11, 2014, 11:46:38 PM
What has changed is we actually look to shoot. What hasn't changed is when we pick a side with no pace. The comments before the game on the match thread were clear and it turned out that way. But Jol made us a side that didn't even try and score. We now are a side that still leaves huge gaps at the back. The players are the same but the overall play is better. But far fro good enough. Jol was partly the reason, along with lack of investment we deserve to go down.

That's the thing.  A new manager can only change so much, but some of the players just aren't good enough and others are suited to what's needed.  It was the perfect storm of poor players, poor direction and poor performances.  Now there seems to be more direction, but the others have to see money spent to solve.

the nutflush

Mr Khan needs to decide whether or not he wants to be the owner of a premier league club or a championship one.  That means getting the cheque book out this week.  Simple. 

Nero

Im beginning to think its a case of 2 many cooks, We might as well make it 4 and get George Graham down at least he can sort out the back 4

TonyGilroy

Quote from: the nutflush on January 12, 2014, 09:40:09 AM
Mr Khan needs to decide whether or not he wants to be the owner of a premier league club or a championship one.  That means getting the cheque book out this week.  Simple. 

Not really - the damage has already been done.

The players available in January are those better clubs don't want and if they're willing to come to a club facing relegation it'll be for the money. We laughed at QPR's antics with Samba and others and it's literally the least rewarding way for us to go.

We need a younger, better coached, more ambitious team and we don't have time to achieve that this season.

I'd be concentrating on our kids at this stage and preparing for a promotion push. My guess, from Rene's post match conference, is that he has lost faith in too many of the old guard. It wouldn't surprise me if 4 or 5 of the deadwood have played their last first team match.

The replacement's though shouldn't be £10M mercenaries.

west kowloon white

I naively thought there would be an early deal in the transfer market even if it was for a Manu reject(is this young Larnell Cole really any better than our academy products?)Unfortuneatly felt the body language of RM post match suggested otherwise..?.please Mr Khan dig deep....doomed without three or four decent additions minimum.

the nutflush

The back four aren't good enough.  Simple. Its an absolute joke that Senderos is still in our squad.  And Amorebieta  had been well and truly exposed as championship at best.  Riise can't go up against anyone of quality.  Nobody can sort this mess out without a big cheque book.  

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Nero on January 12, 2014, 09:47:38 AM
Im beginning to think its a case of 2 many cooks, We might as well make it 4 and get George Graham down at least he can sort out the back 4

We can't have too many coaches but they have to be well led and working from the same script. We have no idea how our coaching team are working together - all we know is that they don't have a magic wand

TonyGilroy

Quote from: the nutflush on January 12, 2014, 09:55:42 AM
The back four aren't good enough.  Simple. Its an absolute joke that Senderos is still in our squad.  And Amorebieta  had been well and truly exposed as championship at best.  Riise can't go up against anyone of quality.  Nobody can sort this mess out without a big cheque book.  

Which position would the big cheque book play in?

It's not about how much we spend but the quality we can bring in and how they gel with others. As far as this season is concerned we're f****d. I want us young, eager and ready for a promotion push.

the nutflush

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 12, 2014, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on January 12, 2014, 09:55:42 AM
The back four aren't good enough.  Simple. Its an absolute joke that Senderos is still in our squad.  And Amorebieta  had been well and truly exposed as championship at best.  Riise can't go up against anyone of quality.  Nobody can sort this mess out without a big cheque book. 

Yes I get your point.  Its probably too late for a spending spree anyway.  All our targets would probably run a mile at the thought of joining us because they see we are such a basket case.  Just makes me so mad that so many other very average teams manage to buy quality but we can't find any.  It just makes me puke that we still have to put up with players like Senderos in our lineup.

Which position would the big cheque book play in?

It's not about how much we spend but the quality we can bring in and how they gel with others. As far as this season is concerned we're f****d. I want us young, eager and ready for a promotion push.

the nutflush

Yes I get your point.  Its probably too late for a spending spree anyway.  All our targets would probably run a mile at the thought of joining us because they see we are such a basket case.  Just makes me so mad that so many other very average teams manage to buy quality but we can't find any.  It just makes me puke that we still have to put up with players like Senderos in our lineup

ffc73

Poyet has taken the squad he inherited and worked with them.  Clearly they followed a game plan and his players followed instructions, took their opportunities and were not punished for the individual errors they made (e.g Brown losing possession to Reither and Berba missing 'on a plate').

From Rene's post match interview and body language it seems to me that our experienced pros did not follow our game plan instructions.  We were equally hampered by not taking our chances when on top and being punished for the individual errors we made.

Not sure how splashing the cash now aka QPR did last January will help