watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stay Positive! PLEASE!

Started by K33NY, January 12, 2014, 12:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miseryguts

Although it's quite entertaining trying to predict all the results, the way I look at our prospects at present is based on the way we are playing.  If we play at or near or best in most games and tighten the defence, we should stay up.  If we don't, we won't.  Yesterday was a step backwards, not just because we let in 4 but because the early tempo was slow again, unlike in the early Rene games.  I hope this was not a result of the Wilkins influence.  When we go behind the tempo increases but too many charge forward and we are open at the back. We need more pace in the team from the start but there was too much of the old sideways passing across the back leading nowhere.  But the key priority is the defence including goalkeeper - not sure about either of them.  We are down if we carry on letting in more than 2 goals every game. 

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: alfie on January 12, 2014, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: KCat on January 12, 2014, 03:43:40 PM
Still telling us how to feel .................................jezzzzzzz !!!!!!

I am sorry, you feel how you want, after all people on here keep telling me we are going down so why the hell should i not give my thoughts. My apologies to you i am not telling you how you feel but how i feel, sometimes i despair with this board.

I am sorry, you feel how you want, after all people on here keep telling me we are going down so why the hell should i not give my thoughts. My apologies to you i am not telling you how you feel but how i feel, sometimes i despair with this board.

I wasn't 'talking' to you.   now was  I

alfie

Quote from: KCat on January 12, 2014, 07:54:02 PM

I wasn't 'talking' to you.   now was  I

I don't know because I was going on about how I deal with things and then immediately your comment appeared, if that is the case your comment was directed at me then please accept my sincere apologies.

++++

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 12, 2014, 06:58:41 PM

Despair at THIS board. I seem to remember people slagging some of us off when we dared mention our opinions on Jol. Think positive they said, he is a great coach they said. Then some of us dared mention that spending no money would mean a slide down the league. But we were told that we want to put our club into bankruptcy and don't support our club. Some of us said we need pace in the side. We don't know what we are talking about we were told. Well so far more and more posts reflect what some have said for years. You want to despair? We all have our opinions but some us have more right to despair than others.

Mr Lighthouse I have as much right to despair as anyone else on this board, I do think you should stop having a go a people because they wanted to feel positive under Jol, at one stage I thought he was the man for the job, and unlike a lot of posters now I am not too sure about RM.

I make a statement and someone tells me it's wrong then that is fine I bow to superior knowledge, after all I have only worked at and supported the club for about 25 years, but I get the impression some times on here that people just love to be proved right, you know like telling everyone that Jol was wrong, and of course if we do go down there will be people saying "told you so".

hey ho that's life, its all about opinion's

lets give our full support on Tuesday.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamdk

One more reason to be positive is that i will be flying in from Denmark for the last match on May the 11th,i went to Portsmouth in 2008 also on May the 11th and we all know the score.So keep the faith.
I have booked fligths and hotel now i just need a ticket for the game.
COYW

K33NY

Quote from: alfie on January 13, 2014, 09:23:53 AM

Despair at THIS board. I seem to remember people slagging some of us off when we dared mention our opinions on Jol. Think positive they said, he is a great coach they said. Then some of us dared mention that spending no money would mean a slide down the league. But we were told that we want to put our club into bankruptcy and don't support our club. Some of us said we need pace in the side. We don't know what we are talking about we were told. Well so far more and more posts reflect what some have said for years. You want to despair? We all have our opinions but some us have more right to despair than others.

Mr Lighthouse I have as much right to despair as anyone else on this board, I do think you should stop having a go a people because they wanted to feel positive under Jol, at one stage I thought he was the man for the job, and unlike a lot of posters now I am not too sure about RM.

I make a statement and someone tells me it's wrong then that is fine I bow to superior knowledge, after all I have only worked at and supported the club for about 25 years, but I get the impression some times on here that people just love to be proved right, you know like telling everyone that Jol was wrong, and of course if we do go down there will be people saying "told you so".

you work at the club??? :O you lucky ¤"#/ I want a job there as well, dont care what it is even :P

alfie

Quote from: K33NY on January 13, 2014, 01:39:49 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 13, 2014, 09:23:53 AM

you work at the club??? :O you lucky ¤"#/ I want a job there as well, dont care what it is even :P

I worked there for about 8 years, but that was 10 years ago, and I can assure you it was no great shakes then, unless you were a player then of course things were much better for them, football is very much a 2 or even 3 tier organisation, the people that do a fantastic job behind the scenes get bugger all for all their efforts.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Not sure I have ever had a go at people for being positive. Still it is an alien concept to me. I am all for people looking on the bright side of a chasm of fear and loathing and despair beyond endurance. But as we all fall into the open snarling mouth of the evil that lives within the black chasm of putrid weeping open sores and grinds us all to dust and decay. A quick 'I told you so' seems to me to be more honest than 'don't worry it will be ok, they are bound to have  a cunning plan'

As for 'don't worry if you can't control it' argument. Well I can't control worrying. So I told you so.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2014, 02:21:50 PM
Not sure I have ever had a go at people for being positive. Still it is an alien concept to me. I am all for people looking on the bright side of a chasm of fear and loathing and despair beyond endurance. But as we all fall into the open snarling mouth of the evil that lives within the black chasm of putrid weeping open sores and grinds us all to dust and decay. A quick 'I told you so' seems to me to be more honest than 'don't worry it will be ok, they are bound to have  a cunning plan'

As for 'don't worry if you can't control it' argument. Well I can't control worrying. So I told you so.

magic
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

I can't stop worrying either, as I said on another thread prepare for the worse and it may never happen. I was really depressed Saturday and Sunday but  feel happier  since I've resigned myself to a 95% chance of  relegation. I feel I can go to matches without too much expectation and just enjoy  each game at a time, not looking to the next match or table.

I've even decided to go to the cup match tomorrow after all to give our yoofs some support.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

K33NY

Quote from: Berserker on January 13, 2014, 07:36:35 PM

I can't stop worrying either, as I said on another thread prepare for the worse and it may never happen. I was really depressed Saturday and Sunday but  feel happier  since I've resigned myself to a 95% chance of  relegation. I feel I can go to matches without too much expectation and just enjoy  each game at a time, not looking to the next match or table.

I've even decided to go to the cup match tomorrow after all to give our yoofs some support.

For me it isnt that I am not excpecting the relegation, I am fully aware of it, and can see it happen, but I still want to remain positive, I fully respect other people who dont want to, I fully respect those dont, and I can ofcourse get a "I told you so" comment, but I will ofcourse be prepared for it.

I just wanted to maybe keep people positive as I think there has been alot of negativity on the board, I dont like seeing people negative, sad or in despair. So I allways try to cheer them up, and thats what I tried with my post its not like KCat thinks where I am TELLING you how to feel, I was just trying to show you a different way to look at things. Again with full respect to those who dont want to, or dont feel they can.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: K33NY on January 13, 2014, 07:42:37 PM

For me it isnt that I am not excpecting the relegation, I am fully aware of it, and can see it happen, but I still want to remain positive, I fully respect other people who dont want to, I fully respect those dont, and I can ofcourse get a "I told you so" comment, but I will ofcourse be prepared for it.

I just wanted to maybe keep people positive as I think there has been alot of negativity on the board, I dont like seeing people negative, sad or in despair. So I allways try to cheer them up, and thats what I tried with my post its not like KCat thinks where I am TELLING you how to feel, I was just trying to show you a different way to look at things. Again with full respect to those who dont want to, or dont feel they can.

I honestly believe you are a WHUM or a Throll  ( I never knew what the difference is )
but your style of writing  brings to mind Cupid Stunt from the Official
you start a post with : Stay Positive! PLEASE!
and now on the 3rd page of the same thread you  say you fully expect us to get relegated.

For the record  re  my view,  I refer you to Moose' thread from yesterday
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=35470.0
Quote from: KCat on January 12, 2014, 12:15:19 PM
Moose I'm with you Kid !!!!
I don't know about turning it around but I think at the end of the season there will be three or more teams with less points than us

K33NY

Quote from: KCat on January 13, 2014, 08:16:29 PM
Quote from: K33NY on January 13, 2014, 07:42:37 PM

I honestly believe you are a WHUM or a Throll  ( I never knew what the difference is )
but your style of writing  brings to mind Cupid Stunt from the Official
you start a post with : Stay Positive! PLEASE!
and now on the 3rd page of the same thread you started  you say you fully expect us to get relegated.

For my view,  I refer you to Moose' thread from yesterday
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=35470.0
Quote from: KCat on January 12, 2014, 12:15:19 PM
Moose I'm with you Kid !!!!
I don't know about turning it around but I think at the end of the season there will be three or more teams with less points than us

Where in my post did I ever write I fully EXPECT us to go down you even quoted me on it so you answer me then? I said I am fully AWARE we MIGHT go down , but I want to remain positive, thats why I started this threa, maybe you should learn to read, before you comment something as stupid and ignorant as you just did! I may not use english words correctly as I am not from England I have allso mentioned this many times in other topics where people have misunderstood me, and AGAIN I am sorry for that if this is the case, if you dont understand me:

WE are in a situation we MIGHT go down end of season.
I am fully aware we MIGHT go down
I dont THINK we will go down.
I dont EXPECT us to go down
I expect that people who remain critical will fint my positive attitude I tried to bring in this topic, as hard to take, but my intentions to this thread was to try to make things look better than what they can be.

AGAIN sorry if my english isnt perfect for you KCat

Me-ate-Live, innit??

so you said
For me it isnt that I am not excpecting the relegation,

two negatives cancel each other 

Berserker

Oh dear, too many positive, negative, positives for me. We will all go to hell in a handcart eventually.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

K33NY

Quote from: KCat on January 13, 2014, 08:32:35 PM

so you said
For me it isnt that I am not excpecting the relegation,

two negatives cancel each other  

You can think whatever you want about me, doesnt make me care more about you then Fulham anyway, I suggest you ignore my posts then from noweon as I will continue to try bring some positivity, better that than your negativity.

The most important in my life is Fulham and it has ever been since I started following Fulham, why do you think I even made School reports about Fulham as I mentioned is some threads?

Allso I dont have to deffend myself but I want to state this, to make sure you believe me, cus I hate to be judged wrongly just because someone missunderstand or are ignorant enough to maybe ask about something they didnt understand instead of strongly accuse someone for it!

Thank you

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Berserker on January 13, 2014, 08:36:43 PM
Oh dear, too many positive, negative, positives for me. We will all go to hell in a handcart eventually.

Mrs B ...................You are tooooooooooooo pessimistic for hell  besides you ride a Triumph Hearld  
or some such  :022:

Berserker

- Martin Luther King Jr.