watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sidwell for England anyone?

Started by DiegoFulham, January 15, 2014, 02:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

this season Sidwell, Parker & Kasami have been our driving force! he's our top goalscorer and should start to get some reconistion for his preformances! there was a reason he was so highly rated in his youth and that other team from Fulham took a chance on him.. coyw!!
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

FFC1987

FPT

If he was 23, sure. But at 31, I think he can put his International career to one side. Also, as much as I want to see Fulham players play for England, I don't want to stump the international development of other young English central midfielders.

Slaphead in Qatar

Baider

We have conceded 46 goals in the league alone this season

Need I say more..

nose

sidwell for England what? Not the national team.  He gives 100% and scored goals this season, I love him to bits  but generally he is way off international standard.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Parker would be a better choice for England.

Craven Mad

He was actually a Roy purchase.. I think!

No chance though - unfortunately - I'd love an England international from us to be heading to Brazil.

Roy won't put in any "shock" choices now unless they're under 25 - Barkley, Morrison, Lallana may get lucky, but none of our England players are likely to go.

Burt

Whilst always giving 100% and full of honest endeavour, I would be surprised if he got included in the England set-up.

cmg

A marginal PL quality player currently playing at the top of his form, which is not really international standard.

The only thing  in his favour would be that his presence in the England team would by no degree diminish its chance of success.

FPT

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 15, 2014, 03:23:25 PM

No chance though - unfortunately - I'd love an England international from us to be heading to Brazil.

Roy won't put in any "shock" choices now unless they're under 25 - Barkley, Morrison, Lallana may get lucky, but none of our England players are likely to go.

No, it was January with Mark Hughes, 2010/11, doesn't that feel a long time ago?

Craven Mad

Quote from: FPT on January 15, 2014, 03:46:08 PM

No, it was January with Mark Hughes, 2010/11, doesn't that feel a long time ago?

I stand corrected!

gerrys

But we mustn't forget that England have never won the World Cup without a Fulham player in the team.........

Holders

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 15, 2014, 04:03:20 PM
Quote from: FPT on January 15, 2014, 03:46:08 PM

I stand corrected!

Yes, Hughes was the one who bought him but we had been strongly linked during Roy's time so the confusion is understandable.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Nick Bateman

Quote from: DiegoFulham on January 15, 2014, 02:48:39 PM
this season Sidwell, Parker & Kasami have been our driving force! he's our top goalscorer and should start to get some reconistion for his preformances! there was a reason he was so highly rated in his youth and that other team from Fulham took a chance on him.. coyw!!
I've been like-minded for quite sometime.  Sidwell (and Parker) should be called up to the national side.  He's far better and more honest than Jack Wilshere who is always diving and moaning to the referee, and when he rarely scores the media hype up his 'once-in-a-blue-moon' goals as though they were something unique!

Sidwell is superb!!!  049:gif
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Chesh

Quote from: DiegoFulham on January 15, 2014, 02:48:39 PM

Sorry, but as much as I get behind Sidwell when he's out there, and despite him having a bit of a purple patch (relatively speaking being the main proviso), he is no where near international standard.

I think he is a Championship standard midfielder who gets a game because we only have Parker as a current Premier League class starter.

Against the better teams in this division I am afraid our central midfield shortcomings are all too obvious (hence the need for 3, just to keep up with the opposition).

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

mccscratch

what you people in don't see in Sidwell is baffling to me. He is full of endeavor, gets stuck in without fear (did anyone see him try to stick his face in a challenge last night?)... if you don't think England could use a player like that... I have some beach front property in Arizona to sell you...

Is he the most gifted player? Certainly not but all your gifted players put about half effort in save Wayne Rooney and a few others... Ever since Gerrard and Hargreaves injured themselves the "DRIVE" of the England midfield has been severely lacking...

Is Sidwell the answer... probably not but he might do better than you think...

and for anyone thinking he is a Championship midfielder... you are clueless about what his job is on the pitch...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Chesh

Quote from: mccscratch on January 15, 2014, 08:08:09 PM
what you people in don't see in Sidwell is baffling to me. He is full of endeavor, gets stuck in without fear (did anyone see him try to stick his face in a challenge last night?)... if you don't think England could use a player like that... I have some beach front property in Arizona to sell you...

Is he the most gifted player? Certainly not but all your gifted players put about half effort in save Wayne Rooney and a few others... Ever since Gerrard and Hargreaves injured themselves the "DRIVE" of the England midfield has been severely lacking...

Is Sidwell the answer... probably not but he might do better than you think...

and for anyone thinking he is a Championship midfielder... you are clueless about what his job is on the pitch...

Not clueless mate, just honest and objective - and why the need to be so disparaging and rude about others' opinions?

There is no way Sidders would get into  a top ten midfield at the moment, and I maintain that when we play such teams, unless there are 3 in the middle he doesn't show up as well as he does against Norwich reserves.

Our hapless season so far is not solely down to the back four and keeper, and the evidence does not indicate much more than Championship level performances.

I don't question his effort and tenacity, and yes he has hit a purple goal patch, but I would be very worried if Hodgson thought a journeyman like him would improve the England midfield.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)