watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dan Burn Staying

Started by Ordar, January 16, 2014, 11:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Fulham defender Dan Burn spent the first half of the season on loan at Birmingham, but Blues boss Lee Clark is not expecting a fresh deal to be sanctioned.

Birmingham City FC
@BcfcDotCom
NEWS:Lee Clark has admitted that it's unlikely @Danburn3 will be returning to #BCFC .More here: bit.ly/1ma9wLX http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeGRsR8CQAACajE.jpg

Can only be good news. He should be in our first 11 in my opinion

Northern Cottager

good news! Let's hope Burn and Hangeland become the new partnership! Well, I do anyway.

Zu-Meister

Good: Amorebieta Burn Hangeland Riether

GloucesterWhite

Would prefer to see the news on our site. Good news if true.

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on January 16, 2014, 11:57:25 AM
Would prefer to see the news on our site. Good news if true.

I'm looking forward to Rene's press conference. Hope this comes up.

K33NY

Burt

Happy about this.

With Brede hopefully moving towards full fitness and with Dan starting to work with the rest of the team it will feel like two new signings, and hopefully shore up what has been a pretty dreadful defence.

FPT

Let's just see what happens. Would it be stirring the pot too much to suggest we may look for him to go out to a better Championship club? One pushing for promotion, i.e. someone like Leeds, Middlesbrough or Wigan.

Or, we could use him as a make-weight loan to get Liam Moore to the club. I want the lad the play, and if he can't play every game here, he should be playing every game somewhere else.

Bassey the warrior

Unless we get someone like Lescott in we need him to start if his performances were anything to go by.

cmg

This is what the FFC website reports says:

If Amorebieta is unable to take part in the clash, Dan Burn will no doubt be pushing hard for a role in the squad after impressing in the two FA Cup games against Norwich.

The giant central defender was recalled from his loan spell at Birmingham City ahead of schedule to allow Meulensteen a closer look at what he has to offer, and the Head Coach stated that Burn certainly has a part to play at the Club.

"At the moment, his future is here," he confirmed. "He impressed me a lot in the first game when he came in for Norwich away. He then stayed here so we could have more access to him and see him in training, that's why he played again against Norwich and I thought he did extremely well.

"He's matured a lot – credit to Lee Clark and Steve Watson at Birmingham for what they've done for him because that's what you want from loan deals."

Make of that what you will.

sunburywhite

Cant we let them have Senderos
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jamie88

Yessssss. Great news to come home from work to!

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 16, 2014, 05:13:04 PM
Cant we let them have Senderos
I thought the same at first, but wonder if Amorebieta might be better off going out on loan to the Championship. From what I remember its a pretty 'competitive' league so it will give him more experience of the English game.

From the club statement I would read that Burn is back with us on an extended trial, i.e he'll get his chance and if he's not up to it by end of January, he'll go back to Birmingham. I hope he does well with us. Be nice to see RM getting behind the words of integrating youth into the first team set up.
@hincharoo