watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We're not getting any luck at the moment

Started by Danitar, January 18, 2014, 06:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danitar

Results aren't going our way at the moment. Palace win today, Sunderland come back from 2 down to get a draw and villa are 2 up and also Norwich won as well. I know you should win your own games but we don't seem to get any luck at the moment and with not getting a pen from the bent tackle today. I fear we could go down if we don't get some of the luck we need to survive

God The Mechanic

When it happens all the time, it can't JUST be down to luck.

Sgt Fulham

From my most likely biased perspective, our luck is the worst in the league by a mile. The only bit of luck I can remember us having this season was Kompany's comical own goal that in the end counted for very little. Then again, you make your own luck.

Admin

You make your own luck in life, just like the people who moan about not winning the lottery, but never buy a ticket.

We're in this position because we're absolutely dire this season, nothing more, nothing less. Let me tell you something, bad luck is losing 1-0 away at Hull to a deflected free kick, shot or something, not completely collapsing and getting thrashed 6-0.

On the other hand, being Lucky today would have been getting a 0-0 draw at Arsenal, it's not unlucky to switch off again, concede 2 goals in the space of minutes, and then blame everything on the ref or Bent. It's down to bad man management, players, formations, training, whatever!

Although the league doesn't reflect it at this moment in time, we're are possibly the worst team in it, who can't fight for nothing. On that basis, we will go down, I'm pretty sure.   

JackyFulham90

Look we lost to Arsenal, we didn't play bad they are just better than us, we have a very winnable next 2 games let's see where we are after them games

Count Berbatov

You know you are in deep brown stuff when luck is to blame.
Regrettably, You're unlucky, but only because the other teams are playing well. Had you let go of Jol earlier, you could have too
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Ordar

Well we've apparently lost 21 or our last 30 Premier League games, according to the commentary. That's quite clearly because we're a very poor side, and not because we're unlucky

NogoodBoyo

Blaming Lady Luck is far off the mark.  As has been so well discussed, we're far too old, unfit and unwilling to fight together as a team.  There are signs of improvement though, but Macintosh really jammed the screw-top wrong in selling this sustainable line whilst keeping Jol on board too long.
And bringing another ageing, unfit man (Dempsey) back into the bentos for a few games boggles the mind, it do.
Nogood "if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all, isit" Boyo

Denver Fulham

23 points from the last 90 available. That's not luck. That's a team that's heading toward relegation.

K33NY

Next is swansea, with our performance today we can get 3 points against them!

Count Berbatov

Quote from: K33NY on January 18, 2014, 08:19:26 PM
This comment brought a smile on my face. And not because I don't think you can't, but because it came out of nowhere, not keeping with the tone of this thread, or forum at all.
Way to stay positive man
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

fulhamben

Quote from: Danitar on January 18, 2014, 06:17:39 PM
Results aren't going our way at the moment. Palace win today, Sunderland come back from 2 down to get a draw and villa are 2 up and also Norwich won as well. I know you should win your own games but we don't seem to get any luck at the moment and with not getting a pen from the bent tackle today. I fear we could go down if we don't get some of the luck we need to survive
personally think we are lucky that a few teams are within touching distance of us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

K33NY

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 18, 2014, 08:33:05 PM
Quote from: K33NY on January 18, 2014, 08:19:26 PM
This comment brought a smile on my face. And not because I don't think you can't, but because it came out of nowhere, not keeping with the tone of this thread, or forum at all.
Way to stay positive man

Thanks, and I honestly believe we can, Swansea looks weak, we look much stronger each day, seriously 2-0 against Arsenal? Was it expected a win forus or a draw? No but with Senderos, Amorebieta and Stockdale back there, Hull's 6-0 would look NICE compared, today we did well, sure we got pumped backwards, and yes we got dominated first 20 minutes and second half, but seriously, its against Arsenal, league leaders, with I dont know how many million dpound aquad, at Emirates.

We should actually look at the positives from this game, and look at the differences from today and before!

I dont want to criticise those who critise the team today, but before the match, I think 90% or even more, where actually saying we wont expect anything, MAYBE a draw if they underestimate us.

Comeon give it a day to rest off us, the constant losses are irritating, they are annoying, I think so to, but today I wasnt even disapointed after the match, cus I felt the team did whatever they could do.

COYW!!

Count Berbatov

I also felt positive. It could be because the defense was solid or because the team played a few wonderful contra attacks. With a bit of luck and composure, could have scored a couple.