https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham currently 9/2 to sign Ings with Sky Bet

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, January 19, 2014, 06:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Would you have him?

jarv

Never heard of him. Who does he play for? Is he any good? Hope he is a left back.

farfouille

Quote from: jarv on January 19, 2014, 06:14:53 PM
Never heard of him. Who does he play for? Is he any good? Hope he is a left back.

Nope, he's a selfish 21 years old forward playing for Burnley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bldGyHxlW_0#ws
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Jamie88

I would definately take him from what I've seen of him.

Yes he is playing in the championship but he is scoring plenty of goals and is young. We would be lucky to get any reputable top-flight striker at the moment given the position we are in, so I think looking at young talents from a lower league is the way to go at the moment.

Also, I'd love if we signed Cresswell too, great young left-back, which is a must for us

farfouille

By the way, an English U21 international too. Will cost a lot, I guess.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Craven Mad

I can't make my mind up with this one. He's young, English, a goalscorer, and clearly plays with energy. But how many championship goalscorers have failed in the prem: Beckford, Ebanks-Blake, Scotland, Nugent etc - and they were all fairly pricey too (if bought, that is). The championship is a notoriously expensive place to shop, and (guessing his price) maybe £8m-£10m would be better spent elsewhere??

Walsh

I'd take the risk and go for him, I feel if he plays often that he'll make a difference!

K33NY

He is good, I would say yes, but still main priority now is a LB though

bill taylors apprentice

Don't know him but from the video he looks to be confident and at the top of his game in front of goal.
Hard to tell from the video, does he have pace?

YankeeJim

He does seem to finish well. Did anyone see any passes from the lad?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

triny

At the moment we can't hit a barn door with a brick or stop a pig coming down an alley we need a change and quick give him a go  :54:

farfouille

- Rene Meulensteen

Admin

At 9/2, he won't be coming to Fulham, just more media hype or his agent trying to put the player in the shop window. On top of this, Burnley will hold out for an absolute fortune, if we bid 4, the will want 8. 

KP_FFC

a pacey striker who can run past people? hell yes

do i think he'll join? no

Baszab

Well we won't be seeing him play next season if he stays at Burnley, as they go up and we go down

Scrumpy

I think there may be a riot in Burnley (a place not averse to the odd riot!) if they were to sell Ings. They have sold their best striker the last 2 season's running and this would really scupper their promotion prospects.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Lighthouse

A good striker in a side chasing promotion signing for a side favourites to go down. I doubt he or Burnley would be interested.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

He is a very good striker.took over from Austin easily and surpasses him in most departments. Quick, great with his feet and can finish from anywhere and still very young. Better prospect than Rhodes IMO.

JackyFulham90

I think Rhodes is better, Ings would be good though not that I can see Burnley letting him go

MOR :

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 19, 2014, 09:27:38 PM
A good striker in a side chasing promotion signing for a side favourites to go down. I doubt he or Burnley would be interested.

I doubt whether he would come as well...