watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Defour in Fulham talks

Started by The Swan, January 21, 2014, 09:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

According to the Telegraph today, Fulham haved opened talks over the potential signing Steven Defour, the Belgian international. Meulensteen is desperate to add energy to the centre of his midfield. Porto want £6.5 million but Fulham would prefer to take the 25 year old on loan until the end of the season, with an agreement to buy if they stay up.
The Swan

Danitar

First of all can we loan him. I think it will be a buy with us getting our money back (6.5 million) if we go down. This would be an amazing signing truly would, not so long ago Fergie was after him and rated him very highly. For me if these are the kind of signings we are going for we need to tie Rene down to longer term deal as I think Rene has a very good eye for talent. The board really need to back Rene as much as possible in my eyes as I don't think out club will get another great coach as Rene in the future. What baffles me is what is curbs doing as by the sounds of the articles I've read it's Ali Mac that's doing the talking, I have no idea what curbs is doing. But I think if we get defour we will get some other quality signings.

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

Julius Geezer

Would be a very positive move, he's highly under rated.

Get his mate Dembele to come with him.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: elgreenio on January 21, 2014, 09:31:16 AM
Do Porto own all of him?

I heard it was just the left leg and buttocks.

FFC1987

grandad

Sky are reporting that it is his agent that is in the UK for talks with us & not the player himself. Long way to go with this one & then the lengthy fabled Fulham medical.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JIMMY D

The long long bloody medical! Just sign someone and get us out of this trouble.

Danitar

Quote from: grandad on January 21, 2014, 10:57:06 AM
Sky are reporting that it is his agent that is in the UK for talks with us & not the player himself. Long way to go with this one & then the lengthy fabled Fulham medical.

That's a very good point why is our medicals ridiculously long they take 2 or 3 days to do. I know we have to be careful but surely there's a way of doing these things quicker

JBH

Quote from: JIMMY D on January 21, 2014, 11:02:49 AM
The long long bloody medical! Just sign someone and get us out of this trouble.

What you mean like West Ham did with Andy Carroll  :doh:

cottage cheese

Ah the classic agent making it public he is in talks with us. Basically alerting other clubs the player is up for a move, thats the way I see this.

westcliff white

apparently he is owned by porto and 2 private investors, so somehting would have to be worked out f we are to buy him
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

Quote from: Danitar on January 21, 2014, 11:04:13 AM
Quote from: grandad on January 21, 2014, 10:57:06 AM

That's a very good point why is our medicals ridiculously long they take 2 or 3 days to do. I know we have to be careful but surely there's a way of doing these things quicker

Prehaps now Mo left they might tell the Dr to hurry up and stop taking the urine with your daily fee

Two Ton Ted

I wonder if the notorious Fulham medical is a thing of the Fayed past?

After all we signed Bent and Tarrabt and they are made of pie.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Danitar

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on January 21, 2014, 11:09:00 AM
I wonder if the notorious Fulham medical is a thing of the Fayed past?

After all we signed Bent and Tarrabt and they are made of pie.

064.gif

Ordar

Yeah I think it was Mo who requested the medical with his personal physician wasnt it? I think thats a thing of the past now

Lighthouse

Medical? Let us not forget the fact that our very good keeper is made to shatter on impact. Now our medical seems to be a quick walk around the bins, a cough and a sing song.

However this rumour all comes from a misheard converstion about Defoe.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 21, 2014, 11:14:25 AM
Medical? Let us not forget the fact that our very good keeper is made to shatter on impact. Now our medical seems to be a quick walk around the bins, a cough and a sing song.

However this rumour all comes from a misheard converstion about Defoe.

i know, its terrible. What kind of Dr doesn't drop a 14 stone weight from 4 foot onto a keepers shoulder during a medical to see if it causes any damage. Maybe a case for suing and getting him struck off
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.