watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Levy targets Berbatov

Started by The Swan, January 21, 2014, 09:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Levy, Spurs chairman is interested in a cut price bid to resign Berbatov, even though Sherwood does not want to any more strikers.
With less than six months to go on on his Fulham contract Berbatov would cost £1.5 million but he would want his £80,000 a week Craven Cottage wages matched.
I just can't believe we are paying him £80,000 a week. Lets sell him on to Spurs or anyone who will buy him.
The Swan

PokerMatt

I thought he was on 60k.

I'd rather we didn't just give him to Spurs. Let's make them pay more if they're interested like we had to for Parker.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

westcliff white

while i understand your sentiment, apart from Bent and Dembele we have no other forwards, so if he goes we need to replace him. The question would then be how much do we have in the kitty for a striker? and is it enough for someone decent ? if not then keep him till the end of the season and strengthen elsewhere.
Every day is a Fulham day

epsomraver

EJL

What would be the point in the club selling him? £1.5 million really is nothing, and we wouldn't be able to find a suitable replacement with that money. Just let Berba go on a free in the summer.

Jem

Quote from: EJL on January 21, 2014, 09:53:50 AM
What would be the point in the club selling him? £1.5 million really is nothing, and we wouldn't be able to find a suitable replacement with that money. Just let Berba go on a free in the summer.
Spot on.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

grandad

Quote from: Jem on January 21, 2014, 09:55:29 AM
Spot on.
:plus one:
Why should we sell him to Spurs. We might as well keep him as £1.5 mil is petty cash these days. Who knows he might score an important goal or two in the remainder of the season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

I just like the fact Spurs and the papers feel that if Spurs want him on the cheap, its a done deal. Like we have no say or leverage over it. Having had problems with Huddlestone,Parker etc. in the past i'd just toy with them for as much as we can get. 1.5 is embarressing to even consider.

MiltonBurrows

Why would we currently sell our best striker for such a measly fee with the situation we are in. Pretty sure its just media talk and not actually something to consider. 1.5 million, laughable.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

westcliff white

1.5 is about the most we could expect seeing as his contract expires 01/07/14.

i would not sell him for that rather keep him and let him go in the summer
Every day is a Fulham day

FFC1987

Quote from: westcliff white on January 21, 2014, 10:45:43 AM
1.5 is about the most we could expect seeing as his contract expires 01/07/14.

i would not sell him for that rather keep him and let him go in the summer

I think thats the point people are eluding to really. I mean 1.5 plus the Ruiz 1m we recieved isn't enough to cover half the money for some of the alledged targets.

farfouille

Why is everyone assuming that Berba will be off in the summer if we don't sell him now? He may sign a new contract with Fulham, especially if finish 15-16th this season.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

west kowloon white

And allegedly Sherwood doesn't want him,that Levy bloke ....hope can screw the cr....

epsomraver

Quote from: grandad on January 21, 2014, 10:13:13 AM
Quote from: Jem on January 21, 2014, 09:55:29 AM
Spot on.
Why should we sell him to Spurs. We might as well keep him as £1.5 mil is petty cash these days. Who knows he might score an important goal or two in the remainder of the season.

The £80k a week would go to paying someone who wants to play for us and get stuck in and help in a relegation battle, Berbatov certainly isn't.

Lighthouse

We need another striker anyway and Berbatov just makes a space unavailable while he wanders around. Will he be onside this pass? Um no not this time. He is well past his best and really not what a struggling side needs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Julius Geezer

Not so sure.

As highly as I rate Berbatov, £1.5M plus the £2M in wages 'til July and any other lavish bonuses he's on is worth cutting out the budget.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: westcliff white on January 21, 2014, 09:48:01 AM
while i understand your sentiment, apart from Bent and Dembele we have no other forwards, so if he goes we need to replace him. The question would then be how much do we have in the kitty for a striker? and is it enough for someone decent ? if not then keep him till the end of the season and strengthen elsewhere.
Tarrabt played the lone striker role very well and couldn't faut his effort either

David Allen Crankshaw

I can only hope that the Spurs rumours are correct. We need grafters over the coming months and Berbatov doesn't fit the bill.

Fulham Joe

If there's one person I think we should tell to go away and have sex with himself, it's Levy.
I'll be peed off enormously if we let that *%*&** get anything he wants from us.

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 21, 2014, 11:17:58 AM
We need another striker anyway and Berbatov just makes a space unavailable while he wanders around. Will he be onside this pass? Um no not this time. He is well past his best and really not what a struggling side needs.