News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derisory bids...merged with all the other threads about rejections etc.

Started by Ordar, January 23, 2014, 01:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justme

The structure of transfer deals has changed considerably in recent years. Whereas at one time there was a straight fee payment (i.e. the player was transferred for a single one-off payment) today's deals are often far more complex as clubs, players and agents have become much more astute financially.

Current transfer deals are much more complex often with, for example, a mixture of:
i)   Staged payments; i.e. an upfront fee and further payments at agreed times)
ii)  Add-on payments; i.e. additional payments if specific events occur e.g.:
    a)  the player:
        - makes a certain number of appearances;
        - scores x number of goals;
        - represents their country;
    b)  the buying club wins a major trophy;
iii) Sell-on payments; where the selling club receives a percentage of any subsequent transfer (either a percentage of the total fee or of the 'profit')

More complex transfer arrangements are likely to lead to extended negotiating periods as clubs try to get to a mutually agreeable position. Initial offers are often likely to be 'testing the waters' and trying to understand the seller's reaction. The buying club can then start to understand what they need to do to get to a 'zone of possible agreement' and then close the deal.

Having negotiated the transfer fees buying clubs also need to negotiate agent's fees and the payment structure for the player (signing-on fees, wages, bonuses, etc.).

Clubs also need to bear in mind the FFP rules and the financial penalties and other restrictions they may face for over spending.

If the club is trying to buy 3 or 4 players in a month it is going to be difficult and will take time and patience (perhaps something that we all need, however difficult it is ). Even if other clubs are buying or bringing in loan players; if they are not the players we want or need we haven't lost out on those deals.

It should also be borne in mind that anyone making reports in newspapers and on-line are unlikely to have the full details of any offer or final deal and much transfer 'journalism' is based on rumours, Chinese whispers and (at times) pure speculation.

Lighthouse

Despite this merged derisory thread that now makes me feel my opinion is rejected. I feel in future if threads are to be merged surely the Mods could spend time in condensing the points into one post. For instance this thread would be.

Spend Money Khan
Not Khans fault
We have no money
We have money
We never spend money
We mustn't spend and make us poor
We never spend money
Think about the Children
Spend money Khan
Complicated thread about payments nobody understands.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 23, 2014, 10:58:13 PM
Despite this merged derisory thread that now makes me feel my opinion is rejected. I feel in future if threads are to be merged surely the Mods could spend time in condensing the points into one post. For instance this thread would be.

Spend Money Khan
Not Khans fault
We have no money
We have money
We never spend money
We never spend money
Think about the Children
Spend money Khan

:plus one:

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 23, 2014, 10:58:13 PM

Spend Money Khan
Not Khans fault
We have no money
We have money
We never spend money
We never spend money
Think about the Children
Spend money Khan

Cannot disagree LH, though if members would look and add pertinent comments to existing threads rather than spawning new ones, the Mods wouldn't have to merge so many!   :028:

RidgeRider

Max Headroom

I thought beforehand that Sunderland was a fifteen point game..... Fingers crossed I was wrong and we get some of the players we are after