News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derisory bids...merged with all the other threads about rejections etc.

Started by Ordar, January 23, 2014, 01:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

I could be speaking alone here, but I'm absolutely sick of us constantly putting in derisory bids for players that we're interested in. There are no benefits whatsoever to doing so, in fact by consistently doing it the club becomes known as one other clubs don't want to deal with. There is a vast difference between haggling over a price and offering something so low that everyone knows that it will never be accepted.

West Ham were NEVER going to accept 4m for Morrison,
Porto were NEVER going to accept 5m for Defour.
Leicester were NEVER going to accept 2m for Moore.

If you're not going to offer a suitable amount of money then don't bother. It just attracts other teams to what players we believe are available, and also the type of players we're interested in. Neither of which benefit the club in any way

HatterDon

of course, we don't know that we actually put in a bid for any of them. I don't believe anything transfer related until I see it on the official site.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

How many offers did FFC extend in the last couple of windows? Any offer is a step in the right direction. Given that we have several offers (if you believe the chattering classes) then more money is available than was there in the last several windows.
Belay all this until Feb 1st and than get all over Khan. OR if we do buy, post an apology for your rant.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JDH101

Quote from: Ordar on January 23, 2014, 01:07:35 AM
I could be speaking alone here, but I'm absolutely sick of us constantly putting in derisory bids for players that we're interested in. There are no benefits whatsoever to doing so, in fact by consistently doing it the club becomes known as one other clubs don't want to deal with. There is a vast difference between haggling over a price and offering something so low that everyone knows that it will never be accepted.

If you're not going to offer a suitable amount of money then don't bother. It just attracts other teams to what players we believe are available, and also the type of players we're interested in. Neither of which benefit the club in any way

Since when is the first bid ever accepted? If we offered 10 million they would reject it, holding out for 12. No offense, but its simple negotiation skills. I would have to assume you are more of a Trigger than a Del Boy.

fulhamben

Quote from: JDH101 on January 23, 2014, 02:31:55 AM

Since when is the first bid ever accepted? If we offered 10 million they would reject it, holding out for 12. No offense, but its simple negotiation skills. I would have to assume you are more of a Trigger than a Del Boy.
its only a negotiations skill if you eventually get your man. Which we rarely do
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RidgeRider

Quote from: fulhamben on January 23, 2014, 03:50:05 AM

its only a negotiations skill if you eventually get your man. Which we rarely do

once again...if life were only that simple....negotiations happen every day, millions of times a day, not every negotiation leads to a deal. Seller wants what they view is a good deal (unless desperate or uninformed of true value) and buyers want to pay what they view is a fare deal. Those two views may never intersect. You don't play, you don't get. Making a bid shows interest, so when that player is still available with the clock ticking in the window, guess who the selling team calls again...the team that made the low bid, to see if they are still interested and maybe they can move them up a bit. It's game, nothing more.

sunburywhite

Oh, and nobody does it to us?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamben

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 23, 2014, 05:21:21 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 23, 2014, 03:50:05 AM

once again...if life were only that simple....negotiations happen every day, millions of times a day, not every negotiation leads to a deal. Seller wants what they view is a good deal (unless desperate or uninformed of true value) and buyers want to pay what they view is a fare deal. Those two views may never intersect. You don't play, you don't get. Making a bid shows interest, so when that player is still available with the clock ticking in the window, guess who the selling team calls again...the team that made the low bid, to see if they are still interested and maybe they can move them up a bit. It's game, nothing more.
your theory would be sound if we were trying to buy players that are transfer listed or from clubs desperate to sell to make ends meet. unfortunately we have been trying to buy players that clubs do not need nor want to sell. so they wont be desperate to sell on the twelth hour, they will just be glad we put in such a laughable bid. we are not trying to buy players that we want, we are trying to buy players that we NEED to try and stay up. we are in no position to play games to save a few pounds when the consequences of losing are so great

fulhamben

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 23, 2014, 05:57:01 AM
Oh, and nobody does it to us?
saha was the last one i can recall, pretty much everyone else sold was done so without a fight

westcliff white

everyone says a bid is derisory if it is not what they want, we did with dempsey, west ham with morrison and the list can go on. the market is what it is, especially if you buy from within the english league, the prices just seem to go up every year.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 23, 2014, 06:49:31 AM
everyone says a bid is derisory if it is not what they want, we did with dempsey, west ham with morrison and the list can go on. the market is what it is, especially if you buy from within the english league, the prices just seem to go up every year.
the dempsey bid from liverpool was derisory though. 2 mil for one of the top scoring midfielders in the country.

Ordar

Well I wouldn't say Utd's bid for Mata was derisory. In fact it's about 5m more than he's worth. But they have to pay a premium as Chelsea don't need to sell, especially not to a rival.

In the same way West Ham don't need to sell their best player, especially not for 4m when they value him at around 10. The same way Leicester , who are top of the championship don't need to sell Moore, their most promising young player for a measly 2m.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for negotiation, but surely this is done during the initial dialogue with the club, not drawn out for weeks on end. We're talking about an extra 5-8m or so in order to complete all of these deals which in the grand scheme of Premiership spending is nothing

westcliff white

I understand your frustrations Ordar. I believe we ham want 8 million for Morrison (that's what i read in the times) so 4 may be low but there were add ons and we don't know what they were. West ham may want more up front cash and less add ons, so it may not have been too bad an offer. As for Moore all the reports value him around 2.5 to 3 million so we are not too far off the mark, if we have offered 4 for him and Schlupp (who by the way RM had on trial at Man Utd for month last season) it maybe closer than anyone thinks to the correct price. My guess is Leicester want to drive it up as they know we are in need of players, cant blame them to be honest.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 23, 2014, 07:12:46 AM
I understand your frustrations Ordar. I believe we ham want 8 million for Morrison (that's what i read in the times) so 4 may be low but there were add ons and we don't know what they were. West ham may want more up front cash and less add ons, so it may not have been too bad an offer. As for Moore all the reports value him around 2.5 to 3 million so we are not too far off the mark, if we have offered 4 for him and Schlupp (who by the way RM had on trial at Man Utd for month last season) it maybe closer than anyone thinks to the correct price. My guess is Leicester want to drive it up as they know we are in need of players, cant blame them to be honest.
all the reports value him at 2.5 to 3 million?  what reports are they then. the only thing ive seen leicester say is he is not for sale. havent heard them once say we value him around the 3 million mark.

Ordar

The problem comes I guess that we're trying to do business with a team top of the championship looking for promotion and a rival in the relegation battle. Selling those key players in those sides just isn't going to be worth it for the small transfer fees we're talking about. I personally cannot see Leicester letting Moore go unless it's a stupid offer, nor can I see West Ham selling Morrison to a relegation rival unless we trigger that clause in his contract about trebling his wages which they might not want to pay

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 23, 2014, 07:17:35 AM
all the reports value him at 2.5 to 3 million?  what reports are they then. the only thing ive seen leicester say is he is not for sale. havent heard them once say we value him around the 3 million mark.

When I say reports, reports which I read in the paper or heard in other media streams. Clubs never openly say what value they want (that i can remember), its all media speculation.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 23, 2014, 07:23:49 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 23, 2014, 07:17:35 AM

When I say reports, reports which I read in the paper or heard in other media streams. Clubs never openly say what value they want (that i can remember), its all media speculation.

exactly, only leicester can value there own player so to say our 2 mil bid was close especially when they have said he is not for sale doesnt seem accurate does it.

westcliff white

I am comparing it to media reports which is all we have to go on, yby the same account no one actually knows what we offered just media reports. so saying it isnt close doesnt seem accurate either does it!

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 23, 2014, 07:29:15 AM
I am comparing it to media reports which is all we have to go on, yby the same account no one actually knows what we offered just media reports. so saying it isnt close doesnt seem accurate either does it!
keep clutching. it is widely reported that a 2 million pound bid was rejected. it was widely reported that leicester have said he is not for sale. 

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 23, 2014, 07:32:24 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 23, 2014, 07:29:15 AM
keep clutching
:doh:

I dont understand why you argue with so many so often. All i am saying its all media reports no one (unless they work inside the clubs concerned) know thew truth. Media reports are all most of us can go on, certainly for me as I don't work for Fulham