News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we going down? In your heart of hearts........................

Started by win-dup, January 25, 2014, 03:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

.......what do you think? try putting aside the eternal optimism of all football fans regarding their club and the natural pessimism we have as Fulham fans. What do you feel inside. Afraid for me it's relegation with perhaps only West Ham preventing us from being bottom.

Burt

Lets see what happens once the dust settles on the current transfer window.

I still think we are starting to play a lot better than under the previous regime, and with our defence looking stronger with Brede back and Burn making an impact I am more positive than I was a couple of weeks ago...

Danitar

To me I think we will stay up because everyone else will do worse than us. Such as Norwich hughton has strengthened his squad and other than hooper they have all performed poorly. West brom they have a new manager who hasn't ever been in English football and he seems to get sacked every year and I don't think he has what it takes to stop the rot for them. With anelka going to be banned for around 7 games and with no Shane long as well they have no goals in there team so they're going to be in trouble. West ham utter useless depending on Andy Carroll is a joke, he won't turn it around for them he's too lazy, but fair play to them for trying to get players in to bolster the squad which is what we should be doing and making a right hash of it. Palace are down for me already, yes they work hard but you need quality and they really haven't got it. Sunderland a bit of an enigma are they unlucky or are they trying to make it hard work themselves one minute they win the next they get beat, they can't string results together and because of that they're going down. The other one that is going down is Cardiff solskjaer has no experience in keeping a team in a division and the players he's bought in are not good enough to keep them up. Swansea could be dragged into it as they have had a bad string of results and if we beat them we actually go above them. I would rather have been bad in the first half of the season and getting better in the second part than the other way around and that's looking the case for them. All in all I don't think it will be a case of us getting better it's more like there's going to be 3 worse teams than us. But we really need to buy players in this week or I do feel we will go down

Northern Cottager

I'm 95% sure we're going down. Can't see us signing enough quality and an think it our time after a stale few years. Hope I'm wrong.

K33NY

I think we are staying up, we play better under RM, and hopefully some new signings can do the trick, and with Hangeland back and a solid Burn deffence look strong now!

hovewhite

Its likely I think,if we stay up I don't want another season like this.

Admin

As it stands today, we're a relegated side, and deserve to go down based on our results / performances this season. Granted we have improved under Rene', but we've not really been grinding out the results to go with it, whereas other sides have. Unless radical changes are made in this window, which I very much doubt there will be with only 7 days to go, I can see others around us improving and heaping even more pressure on us. In my eyes, nothing less than 4 points out of Swansea and Southampton will keep us on the road to recovery, but again, all ask yourselves a question, will we get 4 points? My head keeps telling me yes we will, but my heart knows we won't.  

HatterDon

Quote from: Northern Cottager on January 25, 2014, 03:37:00 PM
I'm 95% sure we're going down. Can't see us signing enough quality and an think it our time after a stale few years. Hope I'm wrong.
as am I

as do I
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Yes I agree, I think we are 95% certain to go down. I've resigned myself to it, but hope we can pull somthing out of the bag at the last to stay up.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bassey the warrior

Ask me again a week's time. Our survival depends on who we get in.

Craven Mad

We have a chance to survive. But an injury to just one of Brede/Stek/Sid and we have no hope in hell. We've not improved enough under Rene (which I don't think is necessarily his fault - bad squad), the team is still too old, to weak, not good enough defensively, not good enough offensively.

Simply put, to survive we have to spend. We don't look like we will spend much, so I don't think we'll survive..

Everything rests on the final 6 fixtures, and faces brought in during the next 6 days.

Admin

Quote from: Berserker on January 25, 2014, 03:59:21 PM
Yes I agree, I think we are 95% certain to go down. I've resigned myself to it, but hope we can pull somthing out of the bag at the last to stay up.

We need to pull something out of the bag in the next 7 days unfortunately, not the remainder of the season. We simply don't have the quality, nor the type of players that will contribute towards a relegation scrap. I know it's tough signing players in January, but I thought Curbishley was drafted in to help with this, as a priority! As per usual, we seem to be scrimping and scraping, being off the mark when bidding for players, so I still assume that a) we don't have any funds, or b) Mackintosh still controls the purse strings. Either way, if we don't add at least 2 half decent players, we're down.  

Admin

Quote from: The Moose on January 25, 2014, 04:05:43 PM
Ask me again a week's time. Our survival depends on who we get in.

And at this rate, and the way we've been bidding again, I don't think it'll be anyone of any real quality either, which is desperately, desperately needed. I think we'll draft in maybe 2 players, but it'll be late, and that of the Zerotic' type quality. I'm still rather confused as to why Curbishely has been drafted in, I mean, his main priority was to help out with the transfers, but we've been no better, or any more clued up. This leads me to believe that we still don't have any money.   

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Admin on January 25, 2014, 03:50:36 PM
As it stands today, we're a relegated side, and deserve to go down based on our results / performances this season. Granted we have improved under Rene', but we've not really been grinding out the results to go with it, whereas other sides have. Unless radical changes are made in this window, which I very much doubt there will be with only 7 days to go, I can see others around us improving and heaping even more pressure on us. In my eyes, nothing less than 4 points out of Swansea and Southampton will keep us on the road to recovery, but again, all ask yourselves a question, will we get 4 points? My head keeps telling me yes we will, but my heart knows we won't.  
No, as it stands today, we are in 17th, so not a relegated side. I am more optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago now it would appear Sendeross and Amo are not in the side. I still think we are due to 'have a run' soon which will hopefully give us a bit of daylight and we have the quality to do it but we MUST sort out the defence. Would be good to sign a good left back before the end of Jan.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Lighthouse

Whatever happens, yes we all know what I think will happen, miserable sod. I think it is worth repeating that the club mismanaged the whole selling of the club by holding onto the purse strings. It didn't have to be so bad. Mark Hughes needed an investment in a few players he wanted and we still could have had the sustainability in the future. But now it all seems just too late.

No coach or manager can follow the dullest tactical manager we have had for many a year and a team full of old men. Rene has at least made things interesting. But a forward a left back and pray we don't have any big injury problems.

Makes me laugh that fans claim that the injury problems we have had are the problem as if our complete lack of depth has nothing to do with it. I would love to read how and why the club behaved so poorly from the moment Jol spent on Ruiz.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Forever Fulham

I think the team is going down, but we have enough talent to stay up.  I won't have any fingernails left when this season is over.

hovewhite

Spot on Lighthouse. As for injuries baloney no investment rubbish idea.cheap loans ,sighnings
Stupidity.
In fact the club lost itself and basked on the the side hodgson built.thing is we go down the riverside development will be canned the club loses PL revenue,for what lack of investment
STUPID.

grandad

What worries me is the lack of any rallying cry from Khan. We have not heard a peep from him for some time. I hope he is keeping tabs on how our fellow strugglers are strengthening while we fluff about.
Where there's a will there's a wife