more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did we not finish Sheff UTD off?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 26, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Burt on January 26, 2014, 05:01:45 PM
I've ordered a lorry-load of positive pills. They should be delivered tomorrow.

:group hug:

Provided they are sugar free and low calorie I'll have a barrow load. I saw four players today who fill me with fear and dread but are still likely to be on our books this time next week.

Jamie88

Quote from: Andy S on January 26, 2014, 09:19:33 PM
Have you ever played football in your life? It is very hard playing against 10 men as those left seem to up their game. Had their keeper been sent off as well it would have been a lot different. It is psychological.

Yes, and what usually happens is the team with the extra man tend to finish the game off. Especially if the other team is two leagues below you. And when it was their captain sent off. And when their star centre back has gone off with injury.

billffc

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Khan You Dig It on January 26, 2014, 04:42:01 PM
Duff was MOTM for me. Did a solid job down the left defensively, even if his crosses weren't the best.

Kasami and Karagounis were both disappointing. The former held onto the ball far too long when everyone else was playing one- and two-touch football.
Thought Kasami's end product was very disappointing as he had lots of space out wide as the game wore on. Would love to have seen Reither getting up and down the wing to support Kasami. Passley was ok but looked quite nervous. Agree that at times we were too slow on the ball and other times looked rushed but credit to Sheffield as they defended very well and were very organised.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

hovewhite

Well played sheffield by the way,you could say possesion wise we were well on top.when the attacked our CB s I was worried.The best players for us were the young guns without a doubt even kara wasn't on his game today,which I think is because he hasn't been even in recent rene squads .

Classic94

We didn't finish them off because our strikers were Rodallega and Darren Bent. Rodallega's effort is unquestionable but he is a comical footballer. Still, he has one up on Bent who is just absolutely abysmal.

glenhodgso

Duff was MOTM for me. Did a solid job down the left defensively, even if his crosses weren't the best.

Kasami and Karagounis were both disappointing. The former held onto the ball far too long when everyone else was playing one- and two-touch football.

I am surprised about your comment on Kasami - I thought he was brilliant today - and showed his class - particularly in the second half - Adel, on the other hand, was poor and just didn't get the pitch at all. Hugo tried hard and Bent did nothing that I could see, so Rene's comments about not needing to buy a striker worries me.

Bloody Hell it was cold and  very, very wet sat in the front row today - but a good turn-out from Fulham fans, Thought the kids played well.

In Rene we Trust

Blanco

Quote from: glenhodgso on January 26, 2014, 10:54:17 PM

I am surprised about your comment on Kasami - I thought he was brilliant today - and showed his class - particularly in the second half - Adel, on the other hand, was poor and just didn't get the pitch at all. Hugo tried hard and Bent did nothing that I could see, so Rene's comments about not needing to buy a striker worries me.

Bloody Hell it was cold and  very, very wet sat in the front row today - but a good turn-out from Fulham fans, Thought the kids played well.

In Rene we Trust

How many fans turned up? Fulham fans.

Scrumpy

1400 in the away end today, which isn't too bad.

Our record at Sheffield Utd is woeful. When I heard the team, I thought we might get beat. The youngsters played well and I cannot believe some of the comments. Equalizer MUST have been hacked, because I cannot believe that a Fulham fan of sound mind would criticise 18 year old kids like he has.

If anyone deserves criticism, then it is some of our experienced players who did not put in a suitable shift. But, all in all, I was happy with a draw at a tricky venue. I believe we will beat them in the replay, although we may need to play a slightly stronger team.

We're a struggling Premiership team. We must prioritise the league, so a result with that team at a wet and windy Bramhall Lane is fine by me.  049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

RaySmith

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 26, 2014, 11:16:35 PM
1400 in the away end today, which isn't too bad.

Our record at Sheffield Utd is woeful. When I heard the team, I thought we might get beat. The youngsters played well and I cannot believe some of the comments. Equalizer MUST have been hacked, because I cannot believe that a Fulham fan of sound mind would criticise 18 year old kids like he has.

If anyone deserves criticism, then it is some of our experienced players who did not put in a suitable shift. But, all in all, I was happy with a draw at a tricky venue. I believe we will beat them in the replay, although we may need to play a slightly stronger team.

We're a struggling Premiership team. We must prioritise the league, so a result with that team at a wet and windy Bramhall Lane is fine by me.  049:gif
:plus one:

btings

Count Berbatov

Keep in mind, the fact it was an away game, against a team with 10 players behind the ball for the most part. The ridiculous pitch, which always favors the worse technically team.
.. But also, how lucky Fulham were to escape, what I thought was a clearer penalty for Hughes challenge. I think the ref favored Fulham, although you had a good shout for a pen yourselves
Maybe it's a good thing, the youngsters and Rodallega :-)  get to play one more game. They need it
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

JBH

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 27, 2014, 06:48:48 AM
Keep in mind, the fact it was an away game, against a team with 10 players behind the ball for the most part. The ridiculous pitch, which always favors the worse technically team.
.. But also, how lucky Fulham were to escape, what I thought was a clearer penalty for Hughes challenge. I think the ref favored Fulham, although you had a good shout for a pen yourselves
Maybe it's a good thing, the youngsters and Rodallega :-)  get to play one more game. They need it

The Ref Favoured Fulham!!!!! What game did you watch?

No penalty given for Hugo when keeper should also have been sent off how is that favouring Fulham? Stick to being a Manc pal they need you more that we do at the moment  :028:

K33NY

Quote from: billffc on January 26, 2014, 09:32:10 PM

IMG 0779 gif

nice pics/vid but a little tip, the quality of video is much better if you actually set the phone to the side as you get to use the full pixels and when uploading it the video looks much better than a vertical box,

a positive feedback, NOT criticism

God The Mechanic

Quote from: JBH on January 27, 2014, 07:07:41 AM
The Ref Favoured Fulham!!!!! What game did you watch?

No penalty given for Hugo when keeper should also have been sent off how is that favouring Fulham? Stick to being a Manc pal they need you more that we do at the moment  :028:

Well, that was an entirely unnecessary reaction.

Though I agree the ref was pretty poor in general, and Sheff Utd should have at the very least conceded a penalty in the first half and likely a red card.  The second half seemed to be full of 60/40s that went the right way (often ours) much to the annoyance of the home fans, which created a bit of a tetchy atmosphere.  Also, Clough was *very* lucky not to have been sent to the stands.