more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did we not finish Sheff UTD off?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 26, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: Twig on January 26, 2014, 03:21:46 PM
What is all this with typing one word in CAPITAL letters?

its for emphasis, not yelling, just like how you just used it

Cravenawin

We're still in the cup, will be massive favourites to win the replay as I'd imagine at least seven of our first choice starters will play and not one of those players out there today will start against Swansea on Tuesday. All in all I'm ok with today

RidgeRider

Quote from: Cravenawin on January 26, 2014, 03:24:24 PM
We're still in the cup, will be massive favourites to win the replay as I'd imagine at least seven of our first choice starters will play and not one of those players out there today will start against Swansea on Tuesday. All in all I'm ok with today

:plus one:

Jack Fulham

Awful pitch, unsettled team, good defending and some poor finishing ahem Bent.

Arthur

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2014, 03:09:45 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on January 26, 2014, 03:08:23 PM
Today really showed how much worse our second choices are, and how threadbare our squad is..

this match proves nothing

Proving anything on the basis of one match is unlikely, but I agree with Craven Mad: if we have to rely on any of today's senior outfield players to retain our PL status, this match suggests that there isn't the quality there.

K33NY

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2014, 03:23:00 PM
Quote from: K33NY on January 26, 2014, 03:19:13 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2014, 03:16:38 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on January 26, 2014, 03:11:40 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2014, 03:09:03 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on January 26, 2014, 03:07:05 PM
Quote from: JDH101 on January 26, 2014, 03:04:45 PM
This is a bit harsh. We did everything but put the ball in the net. How Bent missed that chance is beyond me. We have our name in the hat and will beat them at the cottage in the replay.

Surely 'doing everything' should include keeping a clean sheet? We had a fair few chances towards the end yes, but not a lot of clear cut chances I would argue.

doing everything WOULD have included putting our strongest lineup in had we prioritized this match. We didn't do that. We drew away. Why be so agro over a draw away when we couldn't care less if we won or not??? I don't get the negativity by you.

Well I wanted to win this game and progress to the next round..what's wrong with that? I think I'm entitled to hold the opinion that we didn't perform well today against a ten men, league one side.

there is NOTHING wrong with wanting us to win.......I do too, but my point is we need to keep perspective. It's probably not to our benefit to continue in this tournament anyway except to let the kids get a run out. Losing sucks no matter what but I'm seeing posters make sweeping comments about the team as a whole, when our best Xi never saw the pitch in a match we didn't really care about. Frankly, for me anyway, the only thing to really focus on is how the kids did, apart from that, who cares really.

Again I say, If they where 11 men throughout the whole match my mind would be different, but they went down to 10 men, reserves or not many of them used to be regular starting 11, they SHOULD have won being one man more constantly pushing forward.

Why would you expect that from a team of reserves, subs, and kids? If our best XI didn't finish them off, then I would support what you are saying but we had a hodge podge team out there. Even they put plenty of pressure on them and got unlucky a couple of times. The side that was out there is not a group that will play together during the season.......so again, why fret over it?

Where in my answers dont you see "They where 10 men"? And where in my answerd dont you see "If they where 11 men throughout the game I would have been thinking differently"?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Berserker on January 26, 2014, 03:10:51 PM
Oh is Riise injured, missed that. What is the matter with him?
He collided with the board right in front of where I was sat. Pulled up shortly after. Didn't look too serious.

RidgeRider

Quote from: K33NY on January 26, 2014, 03:27:41 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2014, 03:23:00 PM
Quote from: K33NY on January 26, 2014, 03:19:13 PM
This is a bit harsh. We did everything but put the ball in the net. How Bent missed that chance is beyond me. We have our name in the hat and will beat them at the cottage in the replay.

Surely 'doing everything' should include keeping a clean sheet? We had a fair few chances towards the end yes, but not a lot of clear cut chances I would argue.

doing everything WOULD have included putting our strongest lineup in had we prioritized this match. We didn't do that. We drew away. Why be so agro over a draw away when we couldn't care less if we won or not??? I don't get the negativity by you.

Well I wanted to win this game and progress to the next round..what's wrong with that? I think I'm entitled to hold the opinion that we didn't perform well today against a ten men, league one side.

there is NOTHING wrong with wanting us to win.......I do too, but my point is we need to keep perspective. It's probably not to our benefit to continue in this tournament anyway except to let the kids get a run out. Losing sucks no matter what but I'm seeing posters make sweeping comments about the team as a whole, when our best Xi never saw the pitch in a match we didn't really care about. Frankly, for me anyway, the only thing to really focus on is how the kids did, apart from that, who cares really.

Again I say, If they where 11 men throughout the whole match my mind would be different, but they went down to 10 men, reserves or not many of them used to be regular starting 11, they SHOULD have won being one man more constantly pushing forward.

Why would you expect that from a team of reserves, subs, and kids? If our best XI didn't finish them off, then I would support what you are saying but we had a hodge podge team out there. Even they put plenty of pressure on them and got unlucky a couple of times. The side that was out there is not a group that will play together during the season.......so again, why fret over it?

Where in my answers dont you see "They where 10 men"? And where in my answerd dont you see "If they where 11 men throughout the game I would have been thinking differently"?

So your only point is there were 10 men. Ok. If it was only that simple. I'm sure you've witnessed many matches that 10 men sides have not given up any goals and in fact have won matches. It happens. If you want to ignore the group of players we had on the pitch or that Sheffield United didn't want to lose...fine by me.

Bassey the warrior

For me the problem is creativity or lack thereof. Kasami was the only player creating chances apart from some hopeful crosses. Need some more creativity. Was mightily impressed by young Tankovic though. We need to tie him down.

K33NY

Quote from: The Moose on January 26, 2014, 03:33:33 PM
For me the problem is creativity or lack thereof. Kasami was the only player creating chances apart from some hopeful crosses. Need some more creativity. Was mightily impressed by young Tankovic though. We need to tie him down.

Tankovic was very impressive, hope he play in the replay! David as well

The Equalizer

We were poo and I truly hope that Plumain and Passley never put a Fulham shirt on again.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MasterHaynes

Fully agree with you, playing on a very heavy pitch against a fired up lower league team would have intimidated a lot of experienced premier players let alone players making their debut. The kids did well, Tankovic took his opportunity well, he can drift occasionally but today was always involved, David looked very good in the first 45 and Plumian and Passeley( who hasn;t played a game since before xmas) did not look out of place unlike the West Ham U21's against Forest. Kara was my mom, he was every where today everything seemed to go through him and gave great support to all the youngsters, I'm sure they learnt a lot today. I think its a real plus getting a replay, more money and another chance for the kids. Ask yourselves would Dan Burn have played against Arsenal if it hadn't been his performance in the replay.
I'm assuming all the passionate fans giving vent to their frustrations on here will be turning up at the cottage for the replay to cheer on the youngsters, 15 quid for anywhere in the ground to watch a game. can't go wrong. COYW

K33NY

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 26, 2014, 03:40:17 PM
We were poo and I truly hope that Plumain and Passley never put a Fulham shirt on again.

Got to ask:

Are you serious??

PokerMatt

I'm assuming this is a wind-up, so I won't say any more yet.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fulham_Surrey

How we didnt finish them?  Well, somebody needs to teach Bent how to score on an open goal.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on January 26, 2014, 03:52:04 PM
How we didnt finish them?  Well, somebody needs to teach Bent how to score on an open goal.

It was offside, so therefore irrelevant.

Furby

Quote from: K33NY on January 26, 2014, 03:45:31 PM

Got to ask:

Are you serious??

I second that. You surely can't be serious? Pressley did very well and Plumain showed some great touches beating some men a few times. Understandably looked raw, but also getting on when he did must have come as a huge shock.

The reason we didn't finish them off was due to wrong decisions at the wrong time. Trying to force the ball forward when we should've kept it and dallied on the ball when we should've moved it. The more experienced players were guilty of this as much as the younger inexperienced players were.

Craven Mad

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 26, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

It was judged offside, but 100% wasn't - they had a player on the post.

Shocking call, shocking miss..

PokerMatt

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 26, 2014, 03:57:31 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 26, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

It was judged offside, but 100% wasn't - they had a player on the post.

Shocking call, shocking miss..

But it was called offside, so wouldn't have mattered if it had gone in.

They had a player on the post, but the keeper was out of position, no?

Jamie88

064.gif You HAVE to be joking!!