watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did we not finish Sheff UTD off?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 26, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Pretty annoying, as well as deflating, when Fulham cannot finish 10 man Sheff UTD off, especially with how many shots we had at the end there.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

alexbishop

Because we aren't a good football team..
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

RaySmith

We were unlucky that one of our many chances didn't go in.

We outplayed them and are in the draw for the next round.

RidgeRider

doesn't matter really because we are focused on survival in the premier league. Not moving forward in this tournament is better for us even though we would all like the team to win.

JDH101

This is a bit harsh. We did everything but put the ball in the net. How Bent missed that chance is beyond me. We have our name in the hat and will beat them at the cottage in the replay.

God The Mechanic

Poor pitch, everyone back defending and a strikeforce of Bent and Rodallega.

The SU team seemed set up incredibly well to take advantage of our weaknesses.  Lots of possession, not enough up top from the strikers so it will break down and then they hit us on the break with a slow/old defence.

alexbishop

Quote from: JDH101 on January 26, 2014, 03:04:45 PM
This is a bit harsh. We did everything but put the ball in the net. How Bent missed that chance is beyond me. We have our name in the hat and will beat them at the cottage in the replay.

Surely 'doing everything' should include keeping a clean sheet? We had a fair few chances towards the end yes, but not a lot of clear cut chances I would argue.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

K33NY

Because today many who WHERE starting regulars are now general subs, I think today proved that those players are not starting team standard anymore

Craven Mad

Today really showed how much worse our second choices are, and how threadbare our squad is..

Riise injury increases the pressure on Richardson to keep fit.

Need. Some. New. Signings..

RidgeRider

Quote from: alexbishop on January 26, 2014, 03:07:05 PM

Surely 'doing everything' should include keeping a clean sheet? We had a fair few chances towards the end yes, but not a lot of clear cut chances I would argue.

doing everything WOULD have included putting our strongest lineup in had we prioritized this match. We didn't do that. We drew away. Why be so agro over a draw away when we couldn't care less if we won or not??? I don't get the negativity by you.

Berserker

Surprised we haven't given Bent back to be honest. Hope we have a striker coming in
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 26, 2014, 03:08:23 PM
Today really showed how much worse our second choices are, and how threadbare our squad is..

Riise injury increases the pressure on Richardson to keep fit.

Need. Some. New. Signings..

this match proves nothing

Berserker

Oh is Riise injured, missed that. What is the matter with him?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

alexbishop

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2014, 03:09:03 PM

doing everything WOULD have included putting our strongest lineup in had we prioritized this match. We didn't do that. We drew away. Why be so agro over a draw away when we couldn't care less if we won or not??? I don't get the negativity by you.

Well I wanted to win this game and progress to the next round..what's wrong with that? I think I'm entitled to hold the opinion that we didn't perform well today against a ten men, league one side.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

K33NY

Because they went down to 10 men, if they didnt get the red card it would be different but with them 1 man down and us constantly pushing forward even second choices should be able to put a winning goal.

RidgeRider

Quote from: alexbishop on January 26, 2014, 03:11:40 PM

Well I wanted to win this game and progress to the next round..what's wrong with that? I think I'm entitled to hold the opinion that we didn't perform well today against a ten men, league one side.

there is NOTHING wrong with wanting us to win.......I do too, but my point is we need to keep perspective. It's probably not to our benefit to continue in this tournament anyway except to let the kids get a run out. Losing sucks no matter what but I'm seeing posters make sweeping comments about the team as a whole, when our best Xi never saw the pitch in a match we didn't really care about. Frankly, for me anyway, the only thing to really focus on is how the kids did, apart from that, who cares really.

K33NY

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2014, 03:16:38 PM

there is NOTHING wrong with wanting us to win.......I do too, but my point is we need to keep perspective. It's probably not to our benefit to continue in this tournament anyway except to let the kids get a run out. Losing sucks no matter what but I'm seeing posters make sweeping comments about the team as a whole, when our best Xi never saw the pitch in a match we didn't really care about. Frankly, for me anyway, the only thing to really focus on is how the kids did, apart from that, who cares really.

Again I say, If they where 11 men throughout the whole match my mind would be different, but they went down to 10 men, reserves or not many of them used to be regular starting 11, they SHOULD have won being one man more constantly pushing forward.

Twig

What is all this with typing one word in CAPITAL letters?

grandad

Our 2nd & 3rd string played on a terrible pitch & earned a replay. Valuable playing time for some of our kids. Proof that our senior players who featured today are not good enough. More ammunition for Rene to convince Khan that we need serious investment.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RidgeRider

Quote from: K33NY on January 26, 2014, 03:19:13 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2014, 03:16:38 PM

Again I say, If they where 11 men throughout the whole match my mind would be different, but they went down to 10 men, reserves or not many of them used to be regular starting 11, they SHOULD have won being one man more constantly pushing forward.

Why would you expect that from a team of reserves, subs, and kids? If our best XI didn't finish them off, then I would support what you are saying but we had a hodge podge team out there. Even they put plenty of pressure on them and got unlucky a couple of times. The side that was out there is not a group that will play together during the season.......so again, why fret over it?