https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

William Kvist: Merged

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, January 30, 2014, 12:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/30/kvist-arrives

Thursday 30 January 2014 12:30

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of William Kvist on loan until the end of the season.

Kvist arrives from German outfit VfB Stuttgart, and Fulham have an option to make the transfer permanent in the summer.

A central midfielder by trade, the 28-year-old began his career in his native Denmark with FC Copenhagen, where he featured in the UEFA Champions League alongside Brede Hangeland.

After six years with Copenhagen, he moved to Stuttgart in the summer of 2011 where he once again tasted European football, this time in the Europa League.

Kvist has more than 40 caps for his national side and was part of the Denmark squad at both the 2010 World Cup and 2012 European Championships.

TheManOnTheBus

Hurray! Interesting that they announced presence of option (which was not the case with our other loans: Adel/Bent - not that we'd execute them there).

What isn't mentioned is whether there ie a relegation release clause.

EDIT: "just had my first training session" is mentioned in the story.  Is that - like - a trial?  Who else is at Motspur park at the moment having a kick around? Any greeks or Germans?

Ordar

Can someone give us who havent seen him play, a lowdown of what to expect from him?

K33NY

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Ordar on January 30, 2014, 12:39:19 PM
Can someone give us who havent seen him play, a lowdown of what to expect from him?

I seen one quote on twitter saying "The Scott Parker of Denmark playing along side the real Scott Parker"

SKSW6

All the signs point to this being one of those quietly good transfers, kind of like Enoh last year, except the option with Kvist is only at ~£1m.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: SKSW6 on January 30, 2014, 12:45:48 PM
All the signs point to this being one of those quietly good transfers, kind of like Enoh last year, except the option with Kvist is only at ~£1m.

Unfortunately we didnt take up the option on Enoh.

8-(
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Zu-Meister

I'm very pleased to have got the deal done and I'm looking forward to contributing to this fantastic Club," William told fulhamfc.com. "Of course I've heard a lot of good things from Brede and it's been a target of mine to come here so I'm delighted to be here really.

"The Premier League is the biggest league in the world. I've played in the Bundesliga which is also a really nice league, but this is the biggest challenge you could get as a footballer – this is the motherland of football. When I was a child I used to just watch English football on television so it's amazing being here.

"I just had my first training session and it was perfect. It was good to get to know the guys and talk to René Meulensteen about the tactical concepts and what his ideas are so I'm very much looking forward to my time here.

"Of course I would like to be involved against Southampton but the Head Coach will see if I'm fit and able to play – I think I am, although I haven't played for Stuttgart this year, but I'm feeling fit and motivated."

Ordar

Interestingly he was linked with a €7m move to Atlectico Madrid last summer apparently.

Also interestingly he mentioned how Brede had been talking the club up to him and it was his aim to come here.

leonffc

And PLEASE, no Football manager 2013/14 stats. We dont care how good he is on there. Real life only.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ahhhhhhhhhhh jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz another Scott Parker ?????

What we need is a 28 year old Giorgos Karagounis

beijing ben

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 30, 2014, 12:41:31 PM

I seen one quote on twitter saying "The Scott Parker of Denmark playing along side the real Scott Parker"

Don't want to be negative about a player without seeing him play but we don't need another Parker. Essentially we will have three Scott Parkers and still no playmaker to play alongside one of the three Parkers..

SKSW6

Even if he is another Scott Parker, at least we'll have a solid, gritty midfield 3 of Kvist, Parker and Sidwell. One of our biggest problems this season has been conceding goals, so this would go some way to solving that.

K33NY

Quote from: SKSW6 on January 30, 2014, 01:04:22 PM
Even if he is another Scott Parker, at least we'll have a solid, gritty midfield 3 of Kvist, Parker and Sidwell. One of our biggest problems this season has been conceding goals, so this would go some way to solving that.

Was thinking of what you said, is this maybe a sign we go back to 4-3-3 now? :)

grandad

Quote from: K33NY on January 30, 2014, 01:05:19 PM

Was thinking of what you said, is this maybe a sign we go back to 4-3-3 now? :)
I hope it will be Parker, Kvist & Sidwell/ Kasami
Where there's a will there's a wife

Pluto

I wish we'd sign an actual playmaker for that midfield though. We have enough tenacious hard-workers in there- we need players who can actually make things happen.

Saying that Kvist sounds like a good player and i'm happy we've finally signed someone!  049:gif

FFC1987

I can't see how improving in the CM area can be deemed a bad thing to be honest.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

He's a midfield defensive anchor in the mold of busquets or mikel. It will be good having someone with a sense of positional responsibility sitting in front of the back four instead of the headless chicken brigade.

FFC1987

Quote from: Pluto on January 30, 2014, 01:10:01 PM

I wish we'd sign an actual playmaker for that midfield though. We have enough tenacious hard-workers in there- we need players who can actually make things happen.

Saying that Kvist sounds like a good player and i'm happy we've finally signed someone!  049:gif

I think us being linked with Ravel/Holtby and a new striker is certainly positive and getting a decent Dm with a good passing range can't be deemed bad.

Brede Butter Pudding

We've just been informed that William Kvist will wear the no.6 shirt for Fulham. #FFC