watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Welcome to all the new Greek fans!!

Started by horse1031, January 30, 2014, 02:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

With Mitroglou coming in we are bound to get some new Greek fans.  We welcome you and I am sure you will find what a great club this is!!  Karagounis has shown what a great leader and player he is and hopefully Kostas will gel with the team right away.

076.gif

MordenWhites

Quote from: horse1031 on January 30, 2014, 02:29:12 PM
With Mitroglou coming in we are bound to get some new Greek fans.  We welcome you and I am sure you will find what a great club this is!!  Karagounis has shown what a great leader and player he is and hopefully Kostas will gel with the team right away.

076.gif

Don't count your chickens yet. Until it's a done deal I'm excited but there's always a chance that there will be a snag.

horse1031

Quote from: MordenWhites on January 30, 2014, 02:37:19 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on January 30, 2014, 02:29:12 PM

076.gif

Don't count your chickens yet. Until it's a done deal I'm excited but there's always a chance that there will be a snag.

I have seen some new members with Greek in their names the past few days... just assuming they are checkin in and wanted to give them a warm welcome   082.gif

terryr

epsomraver

wait till the bubble has landed or burst first.

Gezza

kostas.k

Hi everyone. Mitroglou is official player of Fulham. His agent just said it on Greek radio station. I just booked tickets for the cup game on Tuesday.
His is an amazing striker.

pH7

Hi guys,
Greek & Olympiakos fan here, thanks for the welcome, looking forward to follow Mitroglou's career in Fulham.

First of all, I believe he'll sign for Fulham as agreed, he's a man of his word, proven in the past. West Ham (and Benfica) approached Olympiakos already during December, but got negative answer then (offers were around 8m€).
Kostas not only was the best player of Olympiacos lately (eclipsing players like Javier Saviola), but had a special connection with the fans and the team. Prior his injury he was hotter than volcano and everybody was thinking that after the world cup we'll loose him to the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Dortmund.
On December he agreed to help the team capitalize on his success and he signed a new contract. The 8m€ buy-out clause was removed and he got the promiss that if he receives a big offer from some foreign team, Olympiacos will not get in the way.

This season is his first season as a regular starter. This is because in the past he had some problems with the managers. While Ernesto Valverde (current Athletic Bilbao manager) was our manager, he was demanding constant pressure from the strikers to the opponent defenders. Kostas was reckless in that area, so his appearances were limited and he was sent away on loan for two consecutive years. But he did not quit the fight and he returned improved in several areas. Last year Djebbour (sold to Nottingham Forest this January) was the main striker and he was scoring a lot, so it was difficult for Mitroglou to get the starter role. But this season Michel (our current manager) preferred him as a starter and the result was impressive. He scores in almost every game, no matter who is the opponent. And ok, Greek league is not top class, but his skills are beyond any doubt. And he has been consistent in all Champion League and national team games. 7 goals in his last 10 UCL games is not a number you see often.
However he's not a magician. The team has to feed him properly. He performs better when he has a companion in the area (like he had Saviola/Dominguez/Fuster in Olympiacos). Shots with the right, shots with the left, headers, assists, set pieces, everything. His goal celebrations are unique, I believe you've seen the videos.

Everybody in Greece got surprised that he accepted Fulham's offer, thinking that he should go to a club with a "bigger" name. Many fans are pissed with Olympiacos decision to give him away just before the UCL top-16 games against ManU, but the answer was that Mitroglou wanted very much to make the step to the premiership and the offer of 15m€ was too big to ignore. He believes in himself and he dreams of a big career abroad. And I believe he can do it. I'll not be surprised if Fulham transfers him with 30m€ next year.

..Kya.ffc..

Beers may have been involved in this post.

El Greco

Hey Guys,
Olympiacos Fan here and from Today Just Fulham in the Premier League !!I must learn the anthem :D
Hope he does well!
Philanthropist thinker and avid gamer

GreekNick

horse1031

Glad to have you here.  You are in for a ride for the rest of the year following Fulham.   065.gif

rockieroad

Hello to all the Greek football fans! I hope for the best for Mitroglou during his stay at our club. We absolutely love the effort Karagounis gives every game.

Lighthouse

We are sll pleased to have some new fans and a new player. Welcome to the strange World we call Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

El Greco

Quote from: horse1031 on January 31, 2014, 04:57:30 PM
Glad to have you here.  You are in for a ride for the rest of the year following Fulham.   065.gif
Not just for the rest of the year mate, dont forget you have already one legend of our greek football,Karagounis..We are here to stay,cause we love to see that you have faith in Greek players!!I am so excited!!Is he gonna play in the tomorrow's game?

HatterDon

Long before any of you on this thread were born -- most likely -- I spent two glorious years on the Island of Crete. During that time I visited most of mainland Greece and most of the Aegean and Adriatic Greek islands. Ah, I was much younger then.

Where was I? Oh yes, anyhow during my time there I learned a ton of conversational Greek and absolutely no written Greek. I'd love to wish you welcome in your native language, but I'll just try it phonetically: Hrete

Enjoy your time with us. What a long strange trip it's going to be for all of you.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mitroglol

Glad to be here, looking forward to becoming a lifelong fulham fan since I don't support any other team on the island.
I wish you guys a mid table finish and kostas a big score sheet by the end of the season, cheers!

HatterDon

from everything I've seen, he's strong, aggressive and isn't easily pushed off the ball -- this is something we've been missing from a #9 for a while. I hope he has a lot of fun with us. After all, strikers really only have a lot of fun if they're scoring regularly.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

El Greco

Quote from: HatterDon on January 31, 2014, 05:26:10 PM
Long before any of you on this thread were born -- most likely -- I spent two glorious years on the Island of Crete. During that time I visited most of mainland Greece and most of the Aegean and Adriatic Greek islands. Ah, I was much younger then.

Where was I? Oh yes, anyhow during my time there I learned a ton of conversational Greek and absolutely no written Greek. I'd love to wish you welcome in your native language, but I'll just try it phonetically: Hrete

Enjoy your time with us. What a long strange trip it's going to be for all of you.

Haha!We have many things in common than you could possibly think my friend!!I was borned and raised in the Island of Crete ;)

Martinsback

Quote from: Gezza on January 30, 2014, 07:00:06 PM
Beware Greeks bearing gifts..
And in that story the Greeks beat the Trojans so a happy result all round for us too...