watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Symons.

Started by FPT, February 01, 2014, 10:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

A theory I came up with that's getting a pretty good feedback on Twitter, just wanted to place it here.

Say we do go down, we say "thanks, but you're not needed any more" to Rene, Wilkins and Curbishley. And from the first day we appoint Kit Symons as first team manager, the reasoning being:

1. He's got a good relationship with the club, supporters and academy.
2. He knows the prospects we have in the under 21s having worked with them exclusively.
3. He's got his U21 side seemingly perfecting the style of play Fulham want to play.
4. Good relationship with academy players could help tie some down and stay for a few years longer.
5. Should this happen, Luis Boa Morte becomes U21 head coach, then if Kit were to leave/sacked, Luis Boa Morte is in the wings.
6. Every coach will have the philosophy and understanding of "the Fulham way" meaning Khan doesn't have to spend £40m a manager helping them build their team.
7. He's been a senior player in a promotion winning side, meaning he knows how to manage players and knows what the Championship (old First Division) requires.

Obviously just a theory, but we really should consider appointing and developing coaches within.

Rhys Lightning 63

I said during Jol's final days that I though Symons should have gotten a go.

Yes, if we do go down. All for Symons to lead the team I say
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

K33NY

Its so difficult to say what will happen in the future and wich choice is the right one, it could be the right one and I like Symons, and IF he would be appointed to manager I would love to see him do well with us, it could even be the right choice to do from next season if we survive, but it could allso be the right choice to keep Renee, its just to hard to say. Right now its even hard for me to find any positive words about anything, because I am simply gutted about what is going, I like Renee as well and want him to succeed with Fulham.

Bassey the warrior

RaySmith

That could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire -from one inexperienced manager to another.

David Allen Crankshaw

Kit is a good coach. He isn't a manager.

FPT

FPT

Quote from: RaySmith on February 01, 2014, 10:20:00 PM
That could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire -from one inexperienced manager to another.

Do you not think that his playing experience gives him an "advantage" over Rene Meulensteen?

K33NY

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on February 01, 2014, 10:37:23 PM
Kit is a good coach. He isn't a manager.

Whats your oppinion about Renee?

hovewhite

Whoever is in charge gets slated when losing and worshipped if winning and that's only by us fans.
I can see kit managing the team at some piont in the future.

FPT

Quote from: The Moose on February 01, 2014, 10:10:34 PM
I like Rene though.

So do I, though I'm not convinced I like the baggage that comes with him (Wilkins and Curbishley).

Andy S

How long is a piece of string? what is it with swapping managers with people on here? the most successful managers are the ones that have been with their clubs the longest. Fact! Promote from within may and I mean may improve the first team but wrecks a good youth set up. Lets hope that even if we are relegated we keep Rene and Curbishly. I'm not 100% sure about Wilkins

SKSW6

Rene did say he wanted and welcomed the help from Curbishley and Wilkins as he was inexperienced, but it does seem like problems have come since then.

WhiteJC

Quote from: SKSW6 on February 02, 2014, 11:34:06 AM
Rene did say he wanted and welcomed the help from Curbishley and Wilkins as he was inexperienced, but it does seem like problems have come since then.

what else could he say? I don't believe for one minute that it was Rene's idea to appoint them. The couple or three games when he was the only one "in charge" showed a significant improvement, if we'd have won the games I don't think the other two would have got a look-in, but we didn't and now their here and we're where we are, oh god I need a pint!  :beer:

FPT

Quote from: Andy S on February 02, 2014, 11:32:10 AM
How long is a piece of string? what is it with swapping managers with people on here? the most successful managers are the ones that have been with their clubs the longest. Fact! Promote from within may and I mean may improve the first team but wrecks a good youth set up. Lets hope that even if we are relegated we keep Rene and Curbishly. I'm not 100% sure about Wilkins

I wasn't saying Rene out. It was just a theory; the club needs to rebuild whatevery happens. How would it wreck the youth set up?

FPT

Quote from: WhiteJC on February 02, 2014, 12:01:49 PM

what else could he say? I don't believe for one minute that it was Rene's idea to appoint them. The couple or three games when he was the only one "in charge" showed a significant improvement, if we'd have won the games I don't think the other two would have got a look-in, but we didn't and now their here and we're where we are, oh god I need a pint!  :beer:

:plus one:

RidgeRider

Not to mention the fact that Rene was brought in under the same circumstances as Curbishly and Wilkens were. How could he object?

FPT

Is it worth bringing this discussion back up? I saw some people discussing the long term options on Twitter, and I can't see any one or any better option should relegation fall upon us.

AGAIN, this isn't Felix out, and it was never Rene out, but I think this would be the best for our long term future. As we've seen with QPR, the Championship is a difficult league to manage both financially and physically. If you spend, say, £15m, rebuilding the club and you don't go up first time of asking, your end of year profits begin to look extremely negative.

The Rock

Kahn will have thrown some two-bob U-21 manger like that to the conference. Like lewington, terrible coach.

alfie

In that nice filmed interview he clearly stated that he wanted and asked for Wilkins to work with him, are you saying he is a liar then?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't