News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This should be our team for the rest of the games.

Started by DUKE, February 02, 2014, 12:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUKE

STEK

RIETHER   HEITINGA    HANGELAND    RICHARDSON

KVIS   KASAMI
                                      DEJAGAH                               KACA
                                                          HOLTBY

MITROGLOU

SUBS: STOKERS,BURN,BENT,PARKER,AMOREBIETA,TANKOVIC, TUNICLIFFE

I don't think Burn is playing badly but we need some experience on the back and hangers to get into his preferred position.

Bassey the warrior

Why do people keep saying we should drop Burn? He's been brilliant, what has he done wrong?

DUKE

nothing wrong with him but for the sake of our survival we need someone with more experience and we can all see the Hangeland is struggling on the right side.Burn is only 21 and he will be our first choice coming next year.

callumc513

Quote from: DUKE on February 02, 2014, 12:36:33 AM
nothing wrong with him but for the sake of our survival we need someone with more experience and we can all see the Hangeland is struggling on the right side.Burn is only 21 and he will be our first choice coming next year.

Hangeland is struggling because he's not very good / past it.

callumc513

Quote from: The Moose on February 02, 2014, 12:31:48 AM
Why do people keep saying we should drop Burn? He's been brilliant, what has he done wrong?

Been one of our few bright sparks.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Im with you Moose .........................I would drop Hangeland  and keep the boy

YoungsBitter

Quote from: KCat on February 02, 2014, 12:42:13 AM

Im with you Moose .........................I would drop Hangeland  and keep the boy

Me too, make Hangeland fight for place with Heitinga
Quark, strangeness and charm

VamosFFC

Duke, I would play that team too. It shows an intent of attack, which we all know we need at the moment. I miss the days when we use to attack and put a team on the backfoot, but now it seems we're always on the backfoot. Things need to change quick!

Big Martin Jol

If I had to take a punt on a team for the rest of the season it would be this

Stekelenburg
Riether-Hangeland-Burn-Richardson
               Parker-Kvist
       Dejagah-Holtby-Kasami
                 Mitroglou
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

DUKE

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on February 02, 2014, 01:12:57 AM
If I had to take a punt on a team for the rest of the season it would be this

Stekelenburg
Riether-Hangeland-Burn-Richardson
              Parker-Kvist
      Dejagah-Holtby-Kasami
                Mitroglou

the reasonI left Parker out is his ability to come from the bench and gives us a better defensive cover (bearing in mind that we are
wining sighhhh)

Also again i think Burn is doing a fantastic job is just that i am not sure how he will cope with the pressure in the last few games. Hangeland has a cooler head.

HatterDon

We're stuck with Hangeland to partner Burn because Amorebieta is useless and Heitinga -- as my friend Ag pointed out this morning on FulhamUSA.com -- is basically an overpriced Chris Baird [capable of filling in many positions, but not good enough to claim one as his own.

Hangeland's form is noticably poor, and either Senderos or Hughes might have made a better partner for Burn, but that's no longer an option. If, the Hangeland and Burn tandem doesn't start all our games for the rest of the season, the person to sit is NOT Burn. The kids' got game.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham_Surrey

i agree with the original poster, but Kasami behind the striker while Holtby in place of Kasami.  But with Senderos and Berba gone, i guess now the board will have to find a new scapegoat.  No time for scapegoating... we have to play as a team and grind out results.

Herbie

The vocal lad that sits behind me made it pretty clear that Richardson is unfortunately a prime contender for the holder of the title as scapegoat.

Alan_C

Tunniclife and Cole we feature a bit more. Hand picked by Rene having worked with them as kids (not that they are much more now)
The Riise / Richardson combination is more effective both defensively and offensively. (My take on why Duff started yesterday was to cover LB)
As yesterday demonstrated trying hard alone will not get us far and in my mind that questions the places of Degajah, Sidwell and to a lesser extent Kasami.

One player missing that always has a positive impact when he plays is Karagounis he should start every game and be told to wear himself out coming off after an hour an hopefully gaining a lead. How many games this season) have been 0:0 at half time with us missing at least one golden opportunity in the first half for us to end up comfortably beaten. (West Ham, Hull, Arsenal, Southampton, Swansea) 

JackyFulham90

Stekelenburg
Riether Heitinga Hangeland Richardson
                       Kvist Parker
Dejagah                  Holtby               Cole
                                 Mitraglou

Subs - Stockdale,  Burn, Sidwell,  Tunnicliffe, Kasami,  Kacaniklic, Tankovic

I actually don't want Burn to be dropped but the fact is that he will be dropped for Heitinga who has experience for the situation we are in

One Martin Thomas

Our best performing midfielder is not even making a lot of benches here.  What about Karagounis ?

I am not sure about Brede.  Personally, if Burn is performing well, he should stay in.  I would not have given Brede the captain's armband back until he reached his level of performance from 18months ago.

fulhamben

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 02, 2014, 09:59:49 AM
Our best performing midfielder is not even making a lot of benches here.  What about Karagounis ?

I am not sure about Brede.  Personally, if Burn is performing well, he should stay in.  I would not have given Brede the captain's armband back until he reached his level of performance from 18months ago.
yes problem with that though is Parker was the one holding it, and he shouldn't be near our first team either
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: fulhamben on February 02, 2014, 10:01:47 AM

yes problem with that though is Parker was the one holding it, and he shouldn't be near our first team either

I feel Parker is often guilty of trying to do everything for the team.  This may be born out of frustration.  I don't know.  Parker needs to be more disciplined in his play.

He has to play for me.

fulhamben

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 02, 2014, 10:06:29 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 02, 2014, 10:01:47 AM

I feel Parker is often guilty of trying to do everything for the team.  This may be born out of frustration.  I don't know.  Parker needs to be more disciplined in his play.

He has to play for me.
each to there own, I don't see the point with persisting with things that clearly don't work. Bloke is useless in the final third and as in the fact he was bought in to anchor the team, our goal difference suggests he isn't doing too well at his own job either.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JackyFulham90

How is Parker being made a scapegoat?  puzzles me he was always trying to drive us forward yesterday the whole 2nd half every player was poor, Parker should start next to Kvist, Sidwell should be the player who drops to the bench