News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This should be our team for the rest of the games.

Started by DUKE, February 02, 2014, 12:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on February 02, 2014, 01:12:57 AM
If I had to take a punt on a team for the rest of the season it would be this

Stekelenburg
Riether-Hangeland-Burn-Richardson
               Parker-Kvist
       Dejagah-Holtby-Kasami
                 Mitroglou

I would go with this. I would bring on Kaca early in 2nd half for Kasami & Kara for Parker after an hour. I would have Duff on bench as cover for Richardson as there are no other RB´s available that I would play.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 02, 2014, 10:12:29 AM
How is Parker being made a scapegoat?  puzzles me he was always trying to drive us forward yesterday the whole 2nd half every player was poor, Parker should start next to Kvist, Sidwell should be the player who drops to the bench
why would you start with 2 dm,'s when we need to win games. Goal difference is now not a factor so might as well lose 10 0 as opposed  to 2 0.  Our team has been poor all season.  We have bought in players to stop the rot so let's use them. 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Classic94

-----------------Stekelenburg-------------------

Reither----Hangeland----Burn----Amorebieta

-----------------Parker----Kvist-----------------

---------------------Holtby-----------------------

Dejagah----------Mitroglou----------Kacaniklic

Subs: Stockdale, Heitinga, Richardson, Sidwell, Karagounis, Kasami, Tankovic

- If anyone should make way for Heitinga, it should be Hangeland. Personally, I'd keep it as it is for now.
- We NEED width so Dejagah and Kacanklic have to play. If they are not available, play Richardson, Cole, or Plumain on the wing.
- Duff is past it. RM needs to realise this. He offers absolutely nothing.
- Holtby is a class act so why not utilise him? He needs to play down the middle.
- Bent is a waste of space.
- Yes, Sidwell is our top scorer and has a terrific work-rate, but he is incredibly limited. No point shoehorning him and Parker into the same XI.

Johnh

I would use rodders on the left, help us out with strength for pressing and breaks, dejagah on the left kvist, Parker, holtby in the middle

Mhbruce

Instead of Kasami, as he is too attacking put in parker or Sidwell. As both are more defensive really try all game and are can be captain if hangeland doesn't play

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 02, 2014, 10:12:29 AM
How is Parker being made a scapegoat?  puzzles me he was always trying to drive us forward yesterday the whole 2nd half every player was poor, Parker should start next to Kvist, Sidwell should be the player who drops to the bench
It really  is not about scapegoats  that is a waste of time  and way too late ..................if we have any chance of staying in the Premiership it will be a combination of results elsewhere and us realising what is going wrong with the team

FulhamBen got it spot on when he said:
I don't see the point with persisting with things that clearly don't work. Bloke is useless in the final third and as in the fact he was bought in to anchor the team, our goal difference suggests he isn't doing too well at his own job either.

yorkie

Quote from: DUKE on February 02, 2014, 12:36:33 AM
nothing wrong with him but for the sake of our survival we need someone with more experience and we can all see the Hangeland is struggling on the right side.Burn is only 21 and he will be our first choice coming next year.

I would say it is the experienced players that have got us in to this mess. Everyone who has played us is shocked how crap we are, and the only way we are going to stay up is if we change things. We keep giving away a lot of goals in the second half and to me that is down to the age of our team.  We need a mix of youth and experience. I would consider dropping Hangeland as was shown yesterday against the quick players he just hasn't got the pace or energy to stay with them. Reither needs to stay back a bit or you need to play with two holding midfield players and get one them to protect him when he goes flying down the wing.

There was a moment that epitomizes us over the last couple of years. Holtby wanted to take a quick throwing, Sidwell came took the ball, signaled to slow it down, gave it to richardson and he took ages throwing it to someone. The players either are unfit or too old to cope with 90 minutes of high tempo football and if you can't do that then  there is only one outcome. Jol may not have had much money but what he did have, he spent it on crap (sorry just couldn't help myself)!

Bryanthebroom

Need to sort out our defence. Gaps all over the place.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: DUKE on February 02, 2014, 01:36:30 AM
Quote from: Big Martin Jol on February 02, 2014, 01:12:57 AM
If I had to take a punt on a team for the rest of the season it would be this

Stekelenburg
Riether-Hangeland-Burn-Richardson
               Parker-Kvist
       Dejagah-Holtby-Kasami
                 Mitroglou

the reasonI left Parker out is his ability to come from the bench and gives us a better defensive cover (bearing in mind that we are
wining sighhhh)

Also again i think Burn is doing a fantastic job is just that i am not sure how he will cope with the pressure in the last few games. Hangeland has a cooler head.

His first game was against Arsenal at The Emirates and he dealt brilliantly with it. He will cope just fine.

H4usuallysitting

My first ever post......             

Stek

Riether Heitenga Hangerland Burn

Kvist

Dejag          Parker              Kasami

Holtby          Mitroglu

Something like this for me......don't like Hangerland on the right.......Kvist and Parker can alternate, for me Kaka doesn't get back enough, and Kasami can, and wins everything in the air when needed

DUKE

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 02, 2014, 10:58:44 PM
My first ever post......             

Stek

Riether Heitenga Hangerland Burn

Kvist

Dejag          Parker              Kasami

Holtby          Mitroglu

Something like this for me......don't like Hangerland on the right.......Kvist and Parker can alternate, for me Kaka doesn't get back enough, and Kasami can, and wins everything in the air when needed

First of all welcome!

You are right about kaca not getting back but Burn on the left??? He is a CB not sure he can play LB