watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League Predictor

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 02, 2014, 11:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

If you have a spare 15 minutes, and are interested, here's a Premier League predictor. It's almost identical to the one the BBC had and then removed.

http://www.the-mustard.com/predictor.html

I've been generally optimistic about our chances of staying up, but after yesterday's second half capitulation I really felt depressed. I really didn't have much hope when watching the second half. However, according to my predictions I have us staying up on 34 points in 16th place, with Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Hull going down. West Ham finished 17th. I think Hull will stay up now they've signed Long and Jelavic up front, but it's interesting nonetheless.

JackyFulham90

I was also admitting we were going down but on my own we stayed up in 17th with 34 showing there is still hope

K33NY

Im not sure if I even dare to say this, but if I am correct in all my prediction, we end up nr 12 with 42 points, I dont even know how thats possible but its not just our own results though with my prediction on this thing, the bottom three is:

18: Cardiff 31p
19: Palace 26p
20 WestHam 25p

If I get correct in all this I think we are well safe but I am not sure I even should have dared to post this :P

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I tried to be as ruthless as possible towards Fulham and still had us staying up with 36 pts.  Cardiff, Palace and West Ham down.

Brede Butter Pudding

Two of my non-Fulham supporting mates did it too and both had Fulham to stay up. It's going to be a fascinating run in.

Deni On T'Crossbar

This has cheered me up a bit. After Saturday thought we were done for, but after filling that out - and being fairly pessimistic in doing so - had us staying up with 38 points. West Ham, Palace and Cardiff relegated.

Admin

Quote from: K33NY on February 02, 2014, 11:31:55 PM
Im not sure if I even dare to say this, but if I am correct in all my prediction, we end up nr 12 with 42 points, I dont even know how thats possible but its not just our own results though with my prediction on this thing, the bottom three is:

20 WestHam 25p

If I get correct in all this I think we are well safe but I am not sure I even should have dared to post this :P

12th, with 42pts? Please don't take offence but, in your dreams sunshine..

TonyGilroy

Playing as we have been I can't see where our next point is coming from but I do think that given time Rene will be a success with us.

Worth remembering that in Hodgson's great escape we had 24 points with 5 games left.

Admin

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 03, 2014, 09:40:17 AM

Playing as we have been I can't see where our next point is coming from but I do think that given time Rene will be a success with us.

Worth remembering that in Hodgson's great escape we had 24 points with 5 games left.

I just don't buy this current setup Tony. It's nothing like the Hodgson great escape unfortunately and I don't believe they have the fight. There's no togetherness and certainly no faith that Rene' had the tools. I hope I'm wrong, I really am.

TonyGilroy

No one knows where this is going but my point is that Hodgson didn't have immediate success.

I thought I could see what he was trying to achieve but through January to March the results were still bad and plenty of message board experts were scornful.

I'll also repeat what I've said before. In every other alternative universe Hodgson's team got relegated.

I have a hunch, and it's only a hunch, that Rene is right for us and it will come good but almost certainly not in time to save us this season.

Fulham76

18. Crystal Palace
19. Norwich
20. Hull

Somehow we stay up in 16th place with 36 points. What a relief!

Northern Cottager

I think Norwich are definitely down. They're not picking up any points and their run in is terrifying. We may well be ok!

Believe!

ltd-ffc

10   Swansea   38   -11   42
11   Aston Villa   38   -16   42
12   Sunderland   38   -22   42
13   Stoke    38   -25   38
14     Cardiff   38   -31   36
15   West Brom   38   -18   34
16   Hull City   38   -19   34
17   Norwich   38   -33   33
18     Fulham   38   -36   33
19   West Ham   38   -21   32
20   C Palace   38   -34   28

sorry boys cannot see it happening
hope i am wrong going down on goal difference would be gutting
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

K33NY

Quote from: Admin on February 03, 2014, 09:31:29 AM
Quote from: K33NY on February 02, 2014, 11:31:55 PM

20 WestHam 25p

12th, with 42pts? Please don't take offence but, in your dreams sunshine..

I know, I have no clue how I even managed to do so, so no offense taken :P

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

10 Swansea 38 -10 42
11 Aston Villa 38 -16 40
12 West Brom 38 -12 38
13 Sunderland 38 -19 37
14 Stoke 38 -23 35
15 Fulham 38 -39 34
16 West Ham 38 -20 32
17 C Palace 38 -29 32
18 Cardiff 38 -32 32
19 Hull City 38 -20 31
20 Norwich 38 -36 31

I initially had us on 38pts...thought that was way too unrealistic so added some defeats in...Still think we will drop though unless Rene focuses on making us a solid unit

Brede Butter Pudding

I think what is easy to forget, particularly when we're on a bad run, or have been for a while, is that our run in is as kind as it could have been - a lot of 'winnable' fixtures against teams around us. Basically a lot of 6 pointers. As has been mentioned, Norwich have a horrendous run in, and they're currently struggling to pick up points like we are. I think if we can get a couple of good results in the next 5 or 6 games, maybe snatching a few points here and there agianst the bigger sides, playing every game like it's a cup final, our run in may well help us out massively.

I still think we'll go down, but if our new signings gel immediately (obviously easier said than done) and we start scoring some goals, we might just have a chance.