Main Menu

Sorry But The Way Other Results Are Going

Started by Macedo, February 08, 2014, 06:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macedo

We are getting too far adrift, 5 from safety 6 really
With our awful goal diff.. :012:

Jambo

Damn and with only 3 games to go as well...... oh wait.......
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Macedo

Quote from: Jambo on February 08, 2014, 06:41:34 PM

We are the only side down there not picking up any points.
Shatters confidence of players if they get too far adrift,
Knowing they need to win most games now..

Andy S

Yes but what if we were to win tomorrow? It looks a lot different then. I'm not saying we will win but if we are to stay up it needs to start somewhere

Admin

We can't rely on other results going for us. As you can see, other teams like Palace etc, are fighting for their lives, we're not. Unless that changes then yes, we're going down, and rightly so. We're in this position because we're absolutely pony, and have shown zero glimpses that we want this like the other teams around us. I envisioned us being down there and cut adrift by this stage of the season, but, there's still games to go, we've got the easier run in come the end of the season, so all isn't lost.

Macedo

Quote from: Andy S on February 08, 2014, 06:46:13 PM
Yes but what if we were to win tomorrow? It looks a lot different then. I'm not saying we will win but if we are to stay up it needs to start somewhere

I pray your right Andy.
But I cant see us finishing anywhere but Rock Bottom.

Brede Butter Pudding

We didn't even play today. Give them a chance. Yes we've been playing poorly, but look at Cardiff/West Brom/Villa/Norwich (albeit not today in their case) - they've also been struggling to pick up points of late. We have a tough run coming up and then our run in is much kinder than the other teams.

I understand negativity and frustration, because I feel it too, massively, but negativity breeds negativity. We keep going on about other teams fighting for their lives, which is what we should be doing, but why are we going to start fighting if we've already given up the fight? We can't rely on other teams to fail to pick up points - our fate is still in our hands, and one win can transform everything. Even a point tomorrow and it'll give us more hope.

Jambo

Quote from: Macedo on February 08, 2014, 06:44:58 PM

We don't. I think we need 18 points to be in with a shout. 6 wins. We still have to play WBA, Stoke, Hull, Norwich, Palace, Cardiff, Newcastle, Villa. Plus a few more.  PLENTY of football to play and yes we do need to pick up but the writing is far from being on the wall just yet.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

H4usuallysitting

I think it's our season to go down - not convinced RM can cut the mustard......hope I'm wrong

Macedo

Quote from: Jambo on February 08, 2014, 06:55:02 PM
Quote from: Macedo on February 08, 2014, 06:44:58 PM

We don't. I think we need 18 points to be in with a shout. 6 wins. We still have to play WBA, Stoke, Hull, Norwich, Palace, Cardiff, Newcastle, Villa. Plus a few more.  PLENTY of football to play and yes we do need to pick up but the writing is far from being on the wall just yet.

I always look at the worst scenario, in the hope
It works the other way..

Admin

IF we do get out of this, I guarantee it'll be a "We're the f@%k did Fulham come from" type scenario, where we go on a run, dragging another couple of teams down. People need to get it out of their heads that we're going to win the next couple of games, and then sit pretty above the relegation zone, there are to many difficult games to come. Unfortunately, we're down there for the mire, and possibly wont get out of the bottom/bottom 3 until the last few games of the Premiership.

IF we can manage it.      

Macedo

Swansea winning now so they go 27 points as Hull do
As well..

Admin

Swansea are beating Cardiff, Routledge on 47 minutes, possibly the best result we could hope for. Swansea won't be going down this season, nor should we think they are candidates. Their squad is to good.

mungos beans

Shatters confidence my arse they need to man up or love off...its a game

Macedo

Quote from: mungos beans on February 08, 2014, 07:04:35 PM
Shatters confidence my arse they need to man up or fcuk off...its a game

Of course it shatters confidence when they see
All the teams around them picking up points.
I didnt realise it was a game...lol

Berserker

I just think it's up to Fulham to fight for points to survive.  Something they haven't done all season, the mentality doesn t seem to be there, that is why they are in the mess they are in now.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

mungos beans

Poor men on 20k upwards must be tough for them

Macedo

Quote from: mungos beans on February 08, 2014, 07:10:47 PM
Poor men on 20k upwards must be tough for them

The money got nowt to do woth it.
Every other prem club on them wages...doh

Nero

16 Norwich  25 -18 25
17 Sunderland  25 -13 24
18 West Brom  25 -8 23
19 Cardiff  25 -25 21
20 Fulham  24 -31 19

hes right you know with all the teams above us today getting points we are doom ... oh wait only Norwich picked up a point

Macedo

So Palace..Hull..West Ham..Swansea all getting 3 points
Dont count then do they Nero..
You do know 3 teams go down...lol