more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives???

Started by Fulham76, February 09, 2014, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Positive #1
Our tactics were understandable given where we are and how many goals tend to get stuffed past us, and the tactics worked. Good to see some robust defending, for once.

Positive #2
Good to see that we could bounce back from conceding what would otherwise have been a relatively late winner for them. Perhaps this will give Bent some renewed confidence.

Positive #3
The reaction of the team at the end. They care...

Positive #4
The support... Hats off to those who went. Long journey, not cheap, live on TV and a sure fire loss. So to come away with something was great for them. Hearing them so loud at the end too. Well done y'all.

Positive #5
A point closer to safety! COYW

God The Mechanic

Had it ended in a 2-1 defeat the team could still have taken a lot of heart from it considering how spirited the performance was.  Yes it wasn't the most attacking or balanced game ever, but compared to the dross defensive displays we've seen this year it was wonderful!

Holtby looks classy, get him behind a striker and I'd be surprised if we didn't start scoring goals.  Richardson was good on the left, maybe better than any other option we have at this point both attacking and defensively.  Burn and Heitinga looked a good defensive pairing, something we've missed for a while.  Mitroglou will need match time, hoping for half an hour minimum barring injuries against Liverpool and a full 90 against West Brom.  Kvist provides discipline from a holding player, something we haven't had to this point this year.

There are positive signs, we've just got to hope it isn't too late.  And with performances like that with 12 games left we can sure as hell get ourselves out of this.  We only need more points than 3 other clubs not 6/7/8.  Rebuild this summer and we should be good.

cmg

I'd say the only positive we wouldn't have got had we lost would have been the point we did get.

Best of all we got some pride back.

Sure we were overwhelmed by an avalanche of statistics - but that's what happens to teams involved in a relegation dogfights. You've got to fight like dogs.

The defence looks like a defence rather than a group of people who have never been introduced. Dan Burn's head: where crosses go to die.

The newcomers were excellent, it was an inspired stroke to stick Tunnicliffe in so that he could show them what they have missed. Kvist looks assured and Holtby looks exactly what we have been missing all season - his pass for Sidwell's goal was a thing of great beauty.

Hopefully there is better to come - but even if we get done by Liverpool we are still a point better off than we mostly thought we would be.

PokerMatt

Battered? We weren't though really.

For near 80 minutes we dealt with their only type of attack - cross to the far post, headed back to the six-yard box. Stek wasn't exactly making save after save.

Ask United fans and they were sick of the crosses. Depends on whether you're looking for the worst in a good situation I guess.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2014, 07:30:02 PM
Quote from: callumc513 on February 09, 2014, 07:25:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2014, 07:22:26 PM
The positives are I didn't watch or listen to the game. Just read the report and WE WERE battered. United put in more crosses than any Prem team for years. WE had just three shots.

Oh yes positives. New players, no proper forward until Bent came on and we are a point closer than we were last week to safety and a young kid played in the first half. A point at Old Trafford, even if United are not as good as they were. They are better than Sheffield United and we lost to them.

Shame we cannot play a forward but not listening to the game means I am happy with the point. Will watch MOTD but will enjoy it less. Well done Fulham.

Not so sure we were battered, Lighthouse.

I'd argue that the chances we created were more clear cut than any of theirs. A draw seemed the fair result.

Sorry, as I said I was only going by the reports and the crosses and the 75 per cent possession United had. Actually if you say the result was a fair one then I even more chuffed. Especially as the team was so different.

We came with a gameplan and executed it brilliantly. We could've and should've been 2-0 up in the first half with Richardson missing a sitter. Man Utd for all their huffing and puffing didn't create that many clear chances and it took a deflection to get their second. Having said that Stekelenburg did make 2 or 3 brilliant saves.
Considering our recent form and the fact we lacked a decent striker we did really well.

cookieg

They can have as much possession as they want, put in 100's of crosses but the stats actually make them look bad as they couldn't overcome our game plan and clearly had no idea what to do. They scored a lucky second goal which with our team a few weeks ago would have collapsed but we didn't. The confidence the team can take from this is enormous.

The next 2 games are still a challenge but we can take heart from this and go in to them with belief that we can get out of this.